Ry34No

Daniel Vogelbach 2019 Outlook

4k TV, here come the regression?😟

37 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

4k TV, here come the regression?😟

meh, there could be worse things then him striking out 4x against Gerrit Cole.  

• Like 2

3/19 with 8Ks and .506 OPS last 7 days, plus sitting twice.  Some tough pitching matchups excuses the performance to some degree. But profiles as a streaky hitter who will go on tears/ slumps, and could be sitting a couple of days to boot.  

I'd say he was turning back into a pumpkin, but have you seen what this guy's head looks like normally?  Anyway, this guy has shown flashes before, but always seems to end up back where he is now.  Gonna be hard to find consistent PT anyway with Bruce, E5, Santana, Haniger, and Mallex getting most starts.

1 hour ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

The Mariners have 2 games a @SD next week - can't see him getting any starts there.

Good point. It's hard to imagine him playing in any NL park

Posted (edited)

He's had Verlander, Cole, Bauer, Beiber (sat) and Carrasco the last 5 games. . .

Might wanna give him a break there. If you've been watching him play, he's been getting good swings. Actually went 2/3 against Verlander, and had some hard hit liners that were caught over the last couple days.

I think it's easy to think he "regresses to the mean" but I'm going to need a week or two of a slump before I bat an eye.

Edited by NolanRyan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

He got on base five times last night, including taking three walks. He's now up to #14 on the Statcast xwOBA leaderboard.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

After he moved on from the Verlander, Cole, Bauer, Bieber, Carasco stretch:

3-4 with 3 runs 1 HR, 2 RBI and 3 walks

😍

For anyone not watching him bat, and just looking at the numbers - I strongly suggest you watch him bat. He's one of the best I've seen in a while.

Edited by NolanRyan
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, NolanRyan said:

After he moved on from the Verlander, Cole, Bauer, Bieber, Carasco stretch:

3-4 with 3 runs 1 HR, 2 RBI and 3 walks

😍

For anyone not watching him bat, and just looking at the numbers - I strongly suggest you watch him bat. He's one of the best I've seen in a while.

One of the best what? He’s having a great year so far, and he’s a hitter...but his swing is ugly. It’s working so far though. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

One of the best what? He’s having a great year so far, and he’s a hitter...but his swing is ugly. It’s working so far though. 

One of the best "new" hitters. You think his swing is ugly? The way he's working counts, how hard he has been hitting the ball. One of the best new hitters that I've seen in a while.

Edited by NolanRyan
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NolanRyan said:

One of the best "new" hitters. You think his swing is ugly? The way he's working counts, how hard he has been hitting the ball. One of the best new hitters that I've seen in a while.

Gotcha. His swing is definitely working right now, but I’ve seen better swings in my softball leagues. Haha! But hey, he’s hammering the ball :), and I’m enjoying it. 

Absolute money in the bank for leagues that count walks in some capacity..either in OBP or Walks itself. 

1 hour ago, jvmillion83 said:

Another bomb tonight.  Anyone else think this guy resembles Jason Giambi?

A less athletic Jason Giambi...if that's even possible? But possibly as productive. Looks fantastic for any OBP leagues and still productive for other leagues

• Like 2

Anyone think he’ll get enough appearances at 1b this season to be eligible at that position next year in most leagues?

33 minutes ago, cltubbs said:

Anyone think he’ll get enough appearances at 1b this season to be eligible at that position next year in most leagues?

He got 20 appearances there last year in limited at bats, so anything is possible. Just seems improbable considering how bad a defender he is. With Cruz done, he ca DH all he wants this year and i think Seattle is just fine with that.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jericho said:

A less athletic Jason Giambi...if that's even possible? But possibly as productive. Looks fantastic for any OBP leagues and still productive for other leagues

That would be the recliner sitting in my living room

53 minutes ago, Orioles123 said:

Getting 2018 Max Muncy vibes. Think Muncy's '18 line is completely attainable for Vogelbach

Way more power in his bat then max munch. I’d say max muncy would be Vogelbach’s floor 

1 minute ago, Jimmymckrack said:

Way more power in his bat then max munch. I’d say max muncy would be Vogelbach’s floor 

the dude hit 35 home runs in 480 at bats last year?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1