Ry34No

Daniel Vogelbach 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Jub Jub said:

Batting 2nd and playing 1B today

Nice to see him getting run at 1B in the interleague. Was wondering if theyd keep him on the bench for that. 

This guy was dropped in my 10 team league.  Am I missing something here?  I'm putting in my waiver claim for him

39 minutes ago, BustHerPosey said:

This guy was dropped in my 10 team league.  Am I missing something here?  I'm putting in my waiver claim for him

He's been underwhelming the last 2 weeks, batting around .200. 

40 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

Does he play every day?  84 at bats seems low at this point in the season

Just now, BustHerPosey said:

He's horrible against LHP and Seattle has a lot of guys they rotate through 1B/DH so he does sit a fair amount.

1 hour ago, Lebanasty said:

He's horrible against LHP and Seattle has a lot of guys they rotate through 1B/DH so he does sit a fair amount.

3 of the next 5 opponents are vs LHP...easy sit for the week

1 hour ago, BustHerPosey said:

He didnt play until march 20th but he is on the strong side of the platoon. Just have to manage it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lebanasty said:

Expected regression for him and Seattle.

9 minutes ago, arthurpete said:

He didnt play until march 20th but he is on the strong side of the platoon. Just have to manage it

Didn’t play until March 20??

He doesn't start against lefties, but otherwise seems fine. Even better for OBP leagues

2 hours ago, arthurpete said:

You are confused for sure

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Didn’t play until March 20??

Well, I suppose that IS true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Looking like he’s turned back into Dan Vogelbach again. Anyone watching his at-bats have any insight as to how he’s looking? 

Edited by meh2

I assume everyone was here for the power? He's exceeded my expectations for power output and it seems realish. He just hit a HR a few days ago.

His extreme patient sell out for power approach is all about extra base hits and walks. Sure his feel for contact decent, but he's always working deep into counts. Which means more 2 strike situations. So there could be some lul patches when he faces pitchers who can exploit his extreme patience.

There is not going to be a lot of singles for him. Which is given his weight. Is probably the right approach.  10 Singles, 15 XBHs, and 23 BBs so far.

I like this guys plate discipline and power potential too much to just write him off. He slumped after being super hot as pitchers undoubtedly started to adjust, but Id bet on him making adjustments and getting hot again. 

• Thanks 1

3 HR’s in last 3 games. Trout-like walk rate. Sits versus LHP but still produces starting 1B numbers. Only 66% owned in CBS? I can’t find his MILB splits to see if he’s ever shown any success against LHP. I don’t understand the MLB ‘s infatuation with automatically platooning lefties and not giving them a chance to learn and improve. What if Anthony Rizzo never got the chance to do this? He sucked against LHP but they let him work at it and nearly balanced out his splits. Guys with great patience and pitch recognition should especially be given the opportunity to face lefties. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

3 HR’s in last 3 games. Trout-like walk rate. Sits versus LHP but still produces starting 1B numbers. Only 66% owned in CBS? I can’t find his MILB splits to see if he’s ever shown any success against LHP. I don’t understand the MLB ‘s infatuation with automatically platooning lefties and not giving them a chance to learn and improve. What if Anthony Rizzo never got the chance to do this? He sucked against LHP but they let him work at it and nearly balanced out his splits. Guys with great patience and pitch recognition should especially be given the opportunity to face lefties. 

I think they are platooning him because they have other good options. In a daily moves league he's great 

3 HRs in 3 straight games. that was his hot streak for this month.

1 hour ago, TheForearmShiver said:

He hit cleanup against lefty Brett Anderson on Tuesday.  Took him deep too.

• Like 1

Would have liked to see him face Perez tonight, maybe he'll pinch hit late

Posted (edited)

This guy is legit. He'll go through his slumps but he'll always break out and hit again if given the at bats. 

Edited by Jack Ripper

I'm liking him in my OPS league. Great eye and great hitter. Because of the crowded 1B and DH in Seattle he is on the borderline of a drop but it's so hard to when he hits this many bombs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2019 at 5:28 PM, Jack Ripper said:

I like this guys plate discipline and power potential too much to just write him off. He slumped after being super hot as pitchers undoubtedly started to adjust, but Id bet on him making adjustments and getting hot again. 

Good call.