Ry34No

Daniel Vogelbach 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

I like him..but I'm worried he gets benched more often than not against LHP.

And....looking at his splits, why would you want to start him vs. LHP on your fantasy team?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He had respectable numbers last year in minors vs lefties, not great. I mean  a much bigger sample size than his splits from this year, which is like 20 abs. It works out better if he sits vs lefties for now 

Edited by FrankLilly

5 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

And....looking at his splits, why would you want to start him vs. LHP on your fantasy team?

Don't have the roster room to keep platoon players really.  In Roto with a decent sized bench, you can pick your battles.  In H2H, not so much.

1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

Don't have the roster room to keep platoon players really.  In Roto with a decent sized bench, you can pick your battles.  In H2H, not so much.

Yes. Loving him in daily roto. 

12 minutes ago, FantasyFiend said:

Droppable? 1 extra base hit last 2 weeks

I personally dropped him yesterday. Not so much because of lack of production (although it would be a valid reason too). I had other concerns to worry about on the team and he was expendable at this point.

That being said, no Jay Bruce will certainly give Vodel more playing time which can only be a benefit to his fantasy value.

Gonna be a streaky hitter.  I'm keeping him for the hot streaks which could come at any time, but depends on league depth and format as to whether that makes sense.

Interesting Fangraphs article from yesterday highlighting a change in approach this year:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/daniel-vogelbach-is-hitting-right-well-see-about-left/

Daniel Vogelbach Is Hitting Right (We’ll See About Left)

by Rian Watt
June 3, 2019

This year, though, for the first time in his career, Daniel Vogelbach has had the opportunity to get regular looks at big-league hitting, albeit almost entirely from one side. He’s making the most of it by getting comfortable with pitches down in the zone and learning enough about his strength to understand that he doesn’t have to use all of it to hit the ball a very long way.

Does he become an everyday player with ee gone?

8 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

He already pretty much was an everyday player (only getting an occasional day off against a tough lefty, but really nothing different than a rest day). It was only early in the season that he was really not getting every day at bats.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Who’s he fighting with for PT?  This team has probably the least talented roster top to bottom in majors and high minors.