Sign in to follow this  
FollowTheLeader

Allen Robinson

...thinking about making a move for this guy as a buy low candidate in dynasty who might outperform his asking price. I was willing to pay:

2019 Rookie 2:07 (19th overall pick) + RB Elijah McGuire = WR Allen Robinson

BUT my trade partner has countered with an insulting:

2019 Rookie 1:06 (6th overall pick) + RB Elijah McGuire = WR Allen Robinson + 2019 Rookie 4:09 (40th overall pick)

:rolleyes:

I might be willing to pay the following (unless I'm talked down from the ledge):

2019 Rookie 2:02 (14th overall pick) + RB Elijah McGuire = WR Allen Robinson

Yet, I'm thinking I should probably just walk away...

What say you RW Forum?

*team and current 2019 rookie picks in signature

Yeah I'd  ask for a 1st rounder too. Picks don't seem to matter much to people unless it's a top 5 pick.

Edited by bhawks489

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Yeah I'd  ask for a 1st rounder too. Picks don't seem to matter much to people unless it's a top 5 pick.

Thanks for the reply, bhawk B)

Are you saying, if you were my trade partner, you would have also countered with the 1:06 (+ RMcGuire) for ARob?

Or, are you saying I should also ask for a 1st?

Whether people think picks don’t matter unless thier top 5 seems irrelevant when dealing for a player NOT (imho) worth a 1st...just a good way for me to put said offering team in the “zero respect” category. 

Again, this is an IDP league, so more available talent across more positions, naturally pushes good talent further down the draft board. 

:cheers: 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Thanks for the reply, bhawk B)

Are you saying, if you were my trade partner, you would have also countered with the 1:06 (+ RMcGuire) for ARob?

Or, are you saying I should also ask for a 1st?

Whether people think picks don’t matter unless thier top 5 seems irrelevant when dealing for a player NOT (imho) worth a 1st...just a good way for me to put said offering team in the “zero respect” category. 

Again, this is an IDP league, so more available talent across more positions, naturally pushes good talent further down the draft board. 

:cheers: 

Id ask for a first rounder too.

of course I probably wouldn't pay that for him but I'd rather gamble on the WR1 for the bears than an unknown 2nd round rookie pick.

Once I get home I'll be able to see your sig/team and I can give a better answer

23 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Id ask for a first rounder too.

of course I probably wouldn't pay that for him but I'd rather gamble on the WR1 for the bears than an unknown 2nd round rookie pick.

Once I get home I'll be able to see your sig/team and I can give a better answer

12 Team IDP Keeper (PPR)

QB: PRivers, LJackson(R)

RB: DHenry/DLewis, JMcKinnon, CWarrenIII(R), EMcGuire, DWilliams(R)

WR: CGodwin/AHumphries, MJones, RFoster(R), DHamilton(R), MGallup(R), JWashington(R), MVScantling(R)/ESBrown(R)/JKumerow, JWatson(R)

TE: DNjoku, GEverett

K:  X

DL: FClark, YNgakoue, EOgbah, JAllen

LB: TSmith, TEdmunds(R), CLittleton, CKirksey, ELee

DB: JReid(R), TEdmunds(R)

2019 Rookie Draft Picks: 1:02, 1:06, 2:022:073:08

RB and WR roster of trade partner:

RB-TColeman, NHymes, KJohnson, LMiller and DSproles

WR-MThomas, DHopkins, JSmith-Schuster, RWoods, BCooks and ARobinson

We can start 1-3 RBs and 2-4 WRs. With his WRs, Robinson will never see the field. IMHO it would be a smart move on his part to get value for Robinson and improve his team at other positions + RB EMcGuire. 

Take out McGuire and just give him the draft pick for ARob if you can. 

If you can do 2.02 and McGuire for ARob, you take it and run! I'm not even convinced ARob is a great buy low, but that deal is a huge win for you. 

Think about what that 2.02 represents. This isn't a great draft class. Best case scenario at 2.02, you're looking at a someone like Samuel or Whiteside there, and only if those guys don't end up in a good landing spot. 

So say you're trading Elijah McGuire and Carolina Panther WR Deebo Samuel for Allen Robinson. You do that all day.  

If I am him, I am controlling the market and him having 6 WR's that produce I would try to get the best option. If I was him I would keep all 6, because injuries can kill a season. Last year in one of my money leagues I didn't have Thomas, Adams and Odell in the championship, so I think depth is crucial. I would give the 6th since you have the 2nd overall, I think I read that right.

I think you may be over valuing what your 1st round pick represents. His offer isn’t all that insulting. I wouldn’t pay that price for Robinson mind you, but it’s not insulting. See if you can do your 1st and McGuire for Robinson and his 2nd. Doubt he’d do it but it’s worth a shot. 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:56 PM, GreatScott! said:

I think you may be over valuing what your 1st round pick represents. His offer isn’t all that insulting. I wouldn’t pay that price for Robinson mind you, but it’s not insulting.

Appreciate the break check :thumbs-up: My selling price is completely tied to what the market will bare, so whatever price I "want" is inconsequential vs reality...

Edited by FollowTheLeader

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:25 AM, ajs723 said:

If you can do 2.02 and McGuire for ARob, you take it and run! I'm not even convinced ARob is a great buy low, but that deal is a huge win for you. 

Think about what that 2.02 represents. This isn't a great draft class. Best case scenario at 2.02, you're looking at a someone like Samuel or Whiteside there, and only if those guys don't end up in a good landing spot. 

So say you're trading Elijah McGuire and Carolina Panther WR Deebo Samuel for Allen Robinson. You do that all day.  

This is a great draft for WRs, hence my hesitation on adding ARob. I'll get a WR or two early at 1:02 and 1:06, and probably look at LB CSmith or DL/LB JAllen, if both Bosa and White are gone; my LB Littleton my not receive an extension, leaving a hole in my line-up. *screws me at RB, but I can't have everything, and next year is a far better RB draft class.

...with the depth at WR in this draft a good WR situation (good = better than DSamuel to CAR), could fall to 2:02 as well :shrug:

Edited by FollowTheLeader

I've decided to pass on making a move for WR ARobinson, as I obviously don't value him at the right level to make a deal on the cheap.

I have instead decided to focus on JuJu 1st, and BCooks 2nd. *realizing I'll pay more than I would have for ARob, but I am completely ok with that :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

I've decided to pass on making a move for WR ARobinson, as I obviously don't value him at the right level to make a deal on the cheap.

I have instead decided to focus on JuJu 1st, and BCooks 2nd. *realizing I'll pay more than I would have for ARob, but I am completely ok with that :cheers:

Word, you're right to pay more for those 2 guys. I think Cooks is probably the best value, as Juju will probably require a huge offer. GL

10 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

B)

I like that deal for you. 3.08 and Elijah are little more than throw ins. You pray that will get Juju production from whatever WR you take at 1.02. 

Plus you still have 1.06. You did good. 

• Thanks 1