PeteM

Bruno Caboclo 2019

Just put up a nice statline against the pacers and been killin it in the g-league.  With memphis seemingly looking to rebuild, seems like there’s potential here.  Anyone have any insight?  Been around for 5 years now but is only 23 years old. 

Crazy how these guys can be around for 4 to 5 years and be 22-23 years old

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

Is he still two years away?

No... he's two years away from being two years away. Get it right! 

• Haha 1

On 2019-01-27 at 9:01 PM, LW_00 said:

No... he's two years away from being two years away. Get it right! 

I think he is just 2 years away, not 2 years away from 2 years away. LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ejaggit said:

Why does this thread exist lol 

Played a solid game against the Pacers on Sunday, and looks like he's improved. He's almost finished his 10 day contract with the Grizzlies and it remains to be seen if the Grizzlies are gonna make moves to keep him.

That being said unless it happens or a team takes him on, he's fantasy irrelevant. Lots of potential from that game though. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 11:02 AM, m1dday said:

Played a solid game against the Pacers on Sunday, and looks like he's improved. He's almost finished his 10 day contract with the Grizzlies and it remains to be seen if the Grizzlies are gonna make moves to keep him.

That being said unless it happens or a team takes him on, he's fantasy irrelevant. Lots of potential from that game though. 

Yup I think they just end up signing him ROS.  He's worth a flyer in deeper leagues and in dynasty.  23 years old, good defense, nice 3 ball, on a tanking team desperate for young talent...he's a nice lottery ticket for them, could end up averaging close to 30 minutes / night ROS, and if Conley and/or Gasol end up getting traded it's just more usage to go around.  Offers nice blocks and 3's combo, hopefully some steals come with more PT.   

This guy has a silky smooth stroke and hands that literally extend to his knees. I've never seen anything like it. No wonder they were salivating. Worth a flyer to hold for a week, imho.

Casspi getting shoulder surgery explains the longer looks since Jan 25. There were an extra 12 minutes there.

He has a block and steal in 12 minutes so far. This dude would be a stock machine, if he got minutes.

In fact I kind of like the potential future Grizzly frontcourt rotation of Raab / JJJ / Caboclo / Anderson...pretty siiick

Yeah, he looked very solid out there tonight. Just needs to get those shots falling, plus the Grizzlies look to be very high on him too. If Conley and/or Gasol get dealt by the deadline, we might be looking at the beginning of Grit n’ Grind 2.0 with all the young guys...

He went 1 of 7 last game though. Is he going to make it through his 10 day?

I thought this was about capicola, my bad, great in a sandwhich

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, azeri98 said:

I thought this was about capicola, my bad, great in a sandwhich

Mmmmm, ham.  So far, the guy has been ok, but waiver wire streamer material to this point.

15 hours ago, rob0403 said:

He went 1 of 7 last game though. Is he going to make it through his 10 day?

Easy.  Forget about the shooting, he has a really nice 3 ball.  I can almost guarantee Memphis will not only sign him to another 10 day, but they will sign him ROS and possibly a longer 2 or 3 year guaranteed contract.  

Starting today.  Signed another 10 day contract.  Possible future low usage 1/1/1 player (closer to 1.5 blocks I think).  

His shooting % is atrocious. I hope it's him just getting adjusted to the NBA game again and his shots will start to drop because I love everything else but I can't afford to start more than one or two guys who will kill my chances at winning FG%

This dude is boarder line ownable in real life. You have to be really desperate to get this guy in fantasy

8 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

This dude is boarder line ownable in real life. You have to be really desperate to get this guy in fantasy

Well it depends on the context.  For shallow 10 team leagues of course you're not even paying attention to this guy.  For super deep leagues or dynasty he's worth a flyer because he can chip in steals and blocks in limited minutes.  

Did great against OKC, and seems to be holding up well against GSW. Time to pick up?

1. Anybody else in a tight matchup stream him today and wondering if they should hold him through the weekend now?