urban2014

Keenan Allen 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Another WR that probably deserves a tread based on last season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Allen but I do worry about Henry coming back and the rise of Williams.   I'm sure Allen still gets his but I worry about the consistency and TDs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

33 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I like Allen but I do worry about Henry coming back and the rise of Williams.   I'm sure Allen still gets his but I worry about the consistency and TDs.

 

Probably see reduction in these stats 97 catches 1196 yds and 6 tds isn't a terrible season. He finished as WR 12 with Williams and Henry next year, but could also have him with more 1 on 1 coverage as well. Many of the games I saw he was getting double covered.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I like Allen but I do worry about Henry coming back and the rise of Williams.   I'm sure Allen still gets his but I worry about the consistency and TDs.

 

 

Couldn’t an argument be made that Henry & Williams take attention away from Allen, thus making his job easier? The consistency/TD thing can be said about virtually every other WR too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

 

Couldn’t an argument be made that Henry & Williams take attention away from Allen, thus making his job easier? The consistency/TD thing can be said about virtually every other WR too. 

 

It works both ways I think depending on what the defense decides to do.   But in any event, Henry is sure to get some of those targets that Allen did last year.   And both he and Williams should eat up plenty of touchdowns.    Part of why I drafted Allen high last season was that I thought he would be consistent.   And he was for the most part.  Only one really bad game outside of the injury.   I just don't like him as well next season.   As much as Rivers likes Allen, he also developed a lot of confidence in Williams.   In my opinion, he takes a step back.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen's week 2-7 was pretty poor (~10 per in a .5 ppr) but he went on a 6 week run after the bye week. I wouldn't call that a consistent year even though his overall number look solid again.

 

I'm not concerned with Henry and Williams though. Williams already was a big redzone target and Allen still was a solid WR2. I'd expect another year of close to 100 catches, 1100 yards, and 6-9 tds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FISH20 said:

Allen's week 2-7 was pretty poor (~10 per in a .5 ppr) but he went on a 6 week run after the bye week. I wouldn't call that a consistent year even though his overall number look solid again.

 

I'm not concerned with Henry and Williams though. Williams already was a big redzone target and Allen still was a solid WR2. I'd expect another year of close to 100 catches, 1100 yards, and 6-9 tds

 

In PPR, he was over 12 points every game except 1.   And had that good run you mentioned.

 

Agree that he’d be a great WR2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 10:53 AM, K197040 said:

 

In PPR, he was over 12 points every game except 1.   And had that good run you mentioned.

 

Agree that he’d be a great WR2.

 

And then boned you in the playoffs in typical KA fashion.

 

I love KA, he is just hurt too much. Out on him indefinitely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might just draft this guy just for speaking the truth about the crappy “music” that Bell wasted all his time making. 

Also not back down when Bell crying about the criticism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ginocan said:

I might just draft this guy just for speaking the truth about the crappy “music” that Bell wasted all his time making. 

Also not back down when Bell crying about the criticism. 

 

points per truth league?

 

ScreenShot2019-04-01at1.12.09PM-51c0d274

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 11:20 PM, FISH20 said:

Allen still was a solid WR2. I'd expect another year of close to 100 catches, 1100 yards, and 6-9 tds

 

Hell of a WR2...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I get 100 catches, 1100 yards, and 6-9 tds from my WR2 I'm very happy.  I agree he's a high-end WR2, mostly due to some injury issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bomont said:

If I get 100 catches, 1100 yards, and 6-9 tds from my WR2 I'm very happy.  I agree he's a high-end WR2, mostly due to some injury issues. 

I have him around 95/1300/6, and I consider him a sleeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What you see is what you get with K Allen. He'll always get tons of targets because he is a great route runner and has good chemistry with Rivers. He'll never be a big TD guy. Hunter Henry will mostly affect Williams TD production. Both he and Williams have ridiculous TD% stats. Gordon and Eckler hurt Allen's chances at TD production as well. There is always the threat of injury with Allen given the type of routes he runs. 

If you are looking for an upside guy he is not it.

Edited by mongidig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wr12 in dynasty - so just on the cusp of wr2 territory but could easily rise with more healthy seasons + as stated earlier, im not necessarily sure the addition of henry and williams will be a bad thing.

KA makes his money in short-intermediate areas, i have a feeling those two might open it up. I also think KAs style of play will lead to longevity at the position, and a qb friendly target for the eventual change.

I never feel bad about having KA in my lineup personally. Solid, set it and forget it WR1 imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are miffed at week 15 last year- he got banged up on an end zone play (i still thought he caught it for a TD) and missed the rest of the game, and goose egg'd a playoff game in the process.   He hauls that pass in but misses the rest of the game, and i think there's at least a little less bitterness there from the gallery.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BrianM said:

People are miffed at week 15 last year- he got banged up on an end zone play (i still thought he caught it for a TD) and missed the rest of the game, and goose egg'd a playoff game in the process.   He hauls that pass in but misses the rest of the game, and i think there's at least a little less bitterness there from the gallery.   

 

I can relate, as I am a, "what have you done for me lately," and "once bit, twice shy," kinda' guy when it comes to FFBall.

Edit: I gotta' be honest and throw out my Josh Gordon disclaimer though  :wacko: :ugh:

 

Edited by FollowTheLeader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking no Gordon may give KA a slight boost. More opportunities in the redzone for everyone else, especially KA. 

I also just think without Gordon around as a chain mover, they'll be throwing more in general. They've got a great receiving corp. 

On an aside, how crazy would it be to target both KA & Williams (and even play both)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I’ve heard possible high ankle sprain to keep him out until season opener. Now in the Derwin James blurb about Chargers injuries it says Allen had ankle surgery??? WTF??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

So I’ve heard possible high ankle sprain to keep him out until season opener. Now in the Derwin James blurb about Chargers injuries it says Allen had ankle surgery??? WTF??? 

The chargers my dude, snake bitten forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

The chargers my dude, snake bitten forever. 

Right? SOFTEST team ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...