Sign in to follow this  
urban2014

Keenan Allen 2019 Outlook

Another WR that probably deserves a tread based on last season 

I like Allen but I do worry about Henry coming back and the rise of Williams.   I'm sure Allen still gets his but I worry about the consistency and TDs.

33 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I like Allen but I do worry about Henry coming back and the rise of Williams.   I'm sure Allen still gets his but I worry about the consistency and TDs.

Probably see reduction in these stats 97 catches 1196 yds and 6 tds isn't a terrible season. He finished as WR 12 with Williams and Henry next year, but could also have him with more 1 on 1 coverage as well. Many of the games I saw he was getting double covered.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Couldn’t an argument be made that Henry & Williams take attention away from Allen, thus making his job easier? The consistency/TD thing can be said about virtually every other WR too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Couldn’t an argument be made that Henry & Williams take attention away from Allen, thus making his job easier? The consistency/TD thing can be said about virtually every other WR too. 

It works both ways I think depending on what the defense decides to do.   But in any event, Henry is sure to get some of those targets that Allen did last year.   And both he and Williams should eat up plenty of touchdowns.    Part of why I drafted Allen high last season was that I thought he would be consistent.   And he was for the most part.  Only one really bad game outside of the injury.   I just don't like him as well next season.   As much as Rivers likes Allen, he also developed a lot of confidence in Williams.   In my opinion, he takes a step back.   

Allen's week 2-7 was pretty poor (~10 per in a .5 ppr) but he went on a 6 week run after the bye week. I wouldn't call that a consistent year even though his overall number look solid again.

I'm not concerned with Henry and Williams though. Williams already was a big redzone target and Allen still was a solid WR2. I'd expect another year of close to 100 catches, 1100 yards, and 6-9 tds

11 hours ago, FISH20 said:

Allen's week 2-7 was pretty poor (~10 per in a .5 ppr) but he went on a 6 week run after the bye week. I wouldn't call that a consistent year even though his overall number look solid again.

I'm not concerned with Henry and Williams though. Williams already was a big redzone target and Allen still was a solid WR2. I'd expect another year of close to 100 catches, 1100 yards, and 6-9 tds

In PPR, he was over 12 points every game except 1.   And had that good run you mentioned.

Agree that he’d be a great WR2.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:53 AM, K197040 said:

In PPR, he was over 12 points every game except 1.   And had that good run you mentioned.

Agree that he’d be a great WR2.

And then boned you in the playoffs in typical KA fashion.

I love KA, he is just hurt too much. Out on him indefinitely.