DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

On 7/18/2019 at 2:23 PM, Iron-cock said:

If you want to "cherry pick" or logically take the games after he was acclimated, you probably should also not count the outlier game vs PIT where they were probably punishing him for the upcoming suspension.  If you do that, you end up with a stat line that looks like 120 targets, 70 catches, 1238 yards, 4TDs over 16 games. 

He's obviously undervalued if he somehow plays 16 games.  The question is how do you handicap the odds of him coming back, staying clean and staying healthy?    

The 4 TDs seems too low. 

Where do you feel comfortable taking him assuming he’s reinstated before TC?

54 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

The 4 TDs seems too low. 

Where do you feel comfortable taking him assuming he’s reinstated before THC?

Fixed that for you😅

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

The 4 TDs seems too low. 

Where do you feel comfortable taking him assuming he’s reinstated before TC?

4 TDs probably would be low if he played 16 games with Brady.

I have no idea where I'd put him if he's reinstated.  Right now I'd take him somewhere around 125-175 in a 14 teamer as a lottery ticket type pick.   

Unless the league changes the "substances of abuse" policy, I don't have a lot of faith that Josh Gordon can stay in the NFL for a full season.  I'll be rooting for him to do so though. 

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 2

Harry jules demary and gordon lots of weapons for aging qb and they have like 3 rbs worth carries and catches... this is gonna be a hard team to beast for cause that's a ton of mouths...

19 hours ago, hard1 said:

Harry jules demary and gordon lots of weapons for aging qb and they have like 3 rbs worth carries and catches... this is gonna be a hard team to beast for cause that's a ton of mouths...

Honestly the only guys I see fantasy relevant is Edelman and Gordon if he plays

Posted (edited)

We're doing this again huh? lol

It's doubtful he plays again and even if he does it doesn't look good. Last year it was Brady's fault because of his noodle arm and now brady is a year older so that makes this even worse. He burned gordonites last year when it mattered most in FF by having a dud and then walking away from the game and catching an indefinite suspension. I hope he gets things together for himself and i hope folks learned to stop putting faith in a guy with one great season followed by multiple letdowns, missed games, and suspensions

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 3

Between his drug problem and injuries, Gordon is squarely on the do-not-draft list for me.  It's a shame because he has the talent to be a Hall-of-Famer but it has become the same thing every year with him.  People keep trying to be positive and say "this is the year he puts it all together" and then he either gets injured or has a drug relapse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

upside upside upspide… iill take him over a kicker or d parker until I get something concrete 

move on. it's not happening. Just...move on.

I say this as somebody who held on to him for 2 seasons in a keeper league and finally dropped him towards the end of last season. Even if he can stay on the field he just doesn't put up numbers. Monster Josh Gordon is dead and buried and he isn't coming back. 

• Thanks 2

Reinstatement?!

Looks like a 10,000 yrd, 45 receiving TD, 350 reception, season with 43 TD passes after he takes the starting job from noodle arm brady

• Like 1

Negative Nancy's in full force

Don’t you know who Josh Gordon is you fools? You absolute buffoons. The league isn’t hiding Gordon from the NFL. The NFL is hiding from Gordon. It’s only a matter of time until the return part ?. This is the time the freight train eradicates everything in its path. 

It’s also around that time of year that Evan Silva touts this guy only to disavow and avoid any further commentary once he does relatively nothing again.  Draft at ye own peril.

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

It’s also around that time of year that Evan Silva touts this guy only to disavow and avoid any further commentary once he does relatively nothing again.  Draft at ye own peril.

Mission Accepted.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Guwop said:

noodle arm brady

Maybe we have differing opinions on what constitutes a 'noodle arm', but I feel like this is a canard. Brady's throws still had zip on them last year and let's face it, the deep ball has never been his best asset. When I think of noodle arms, it's Chad Pennington or Peyton Manning those last couple years. 

Josh Gordon was not in the greatest shape when he arrived from Cleveland. Something the Browns felt led to the hamstring injury and eventually the trade that sent him to NE. He got stronger as the season progressed but certainly wasn't the player he was physically in 2013 at any point. Gordon deserves his share of blame for his performance. The noodle arm stuff is lazy analysis. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Guwop said:

Reinstatement?!

Looks like a 10,000 yrd, 45 receiving TD, 350 reception, season with 43 TD passes after he takes the starting job from noodle arm brady

58 minutes ago, fingers said:

Maybe we have differing opinions on what constitutes a 'noodle arm', but I feel like this is a canard. Brady's throws still had zip on them last year and let's face it, the deep ball has never been his best asset. When I think of noodle arms, it's Chad Pennington or Peyton Manning those last couple years. 

Josh Gordon was not in the greatest shape when he arrived from Cleveland. Something the Browns felt led to the hamstring injury and eventually the trade that sent him to NE. He got stronger as the season progressed but certainly wasn't the player he was physically in 2013 at any point. Gordon deserves his share of blame for his performance. The noodle arm stuff is lazy analysis. 

I cant really believe someone dived in like this lol. I’m going to guess since he listed 10,000 receiving yards and 45 TDS.. that the “analysis” of Brady having a noodle arm was a joke. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fingers said:

I watched most of those gordon/NE games and there were some terrible throws.

Ok.

so now what.

the rog letting him back in? I still don’t know the details w his last suspension, it was very odd.

if it’s weed related, I guess I’m not sure. I believe the nfl is trending towards what the rest of the world is regarding using marijuana. Maybe rog is getting soft these days (ie tyreeks taped phone call making threats)....so yea, the annual saga of Josh Gordon continues.....

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 11:53 AM, Guwop said:

It's doubtful he plays again and even if he does it doesn't look good. Last year it was Brady's fault because of his noodle arm and now brady is a year older so that makes this even worse.

@LarryDavid - this was the post I was referring to

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Ok.

so now what.

the rog letting him back in? I still don’t know the details w his last suspension, it was very odd.

if it’s weed related, I guess I’m not sure. I believe the nfl is trending towards what the rest of the world is regarding using marijuana. Maybe rog is getting soft these days (ie tyreeks taped phone call making threats)....so yea, the annual saga of Josh Gordon continues.....

The NFL's policy on weed is stupid. Let's suspend guys for a month for smoking a bone 🙄