DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Not to rain on your parade but if you're referring to 2013 and slants he's taken to the house that was 6 years ago.. If you can find me a slant he's taken to the house after that year I'll take my medicine no doubt.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great start against Philly's turnstile secondary after the bye

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is def loads of risk, but there is also a scenario in which he finishes the season (from here on out) as a WR1--I won't go any further than that, because I am sure most will lambast the hell outta this take anyways, but I still believe it. The schedule sets up unbelievably good and Russ is the perfect QB for him to ball-out with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

There is def loads of risk, but there is also a scenario in which he finishes the season (from here on out) as a WR1--I won't go any further than that, because I am sure most will lambast the hell outta this take anyways, but I still believe it. The schedule sets up unbelievably good and Russ is the perfect QB for him to ball-out with.

WR1 is impossible with another deep threat in Metcalf and Lockett usually being the target hog. Run-heavy offense. Emergence of Hollister as a RZ threat and threat in general. Let alone that the last time Josh Gordon has been in WR1 territory was 2013!

I'm a big fan of him and his story, but he will remain the WR3 with WR2 upside that he was in NE. Maybe Russ can give him a WR1 game or two, but don't count on it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're not going to start him this week then why do you even have him on your roster?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

If you're not going to start him this week then why do you even have him on your roster?

 

Iggles DBs are healthy now, and that pass rush got after #12 last game ... dunno, man - this ain't the patsy turnstiles on the back that they were first half of the season 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

Iggles DBs are healthy now, and that pass rush got after #12 last game ... dunno, man - this ain't the patsy turnstiles on the back that they were first half of the season 🤷‍♂️

Yes but Pats O line is trash and Wilson is 5x the QB Brady is now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Yes but Pats O line is trash and Wilson is 5x the QB Brady is now. 

 

fair points 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Yes but Pats O line is trash and Wilson is 5x the QB Brady is now. 

I don't like this kind of talk about the 🐐

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

fair points 🤷‍♂️

I think your point was more valid. The Eagles DBs are healthy. It is a totally different secondary now. If they can get any pressure at all then it will be a tough game for Wilson. Plus, the Eagles will be at home and desperate for a victory.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

pressure

 

Wilson

 

See: every game of Wilson's career

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

See: every game of Wilson's career

Valid point, but teams have been able to funnel him before. If that is successful, then he will have a tough time. I think the Eagles have enough to get it done. You are right though. If you are going to start Gordon, then this is it. Things will have to go right for the Eagles at the line to stop Wilson.

Edited by FitzMagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on him this week? I think he has the opportunity to establish himself in this offense...just up to him to grab it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, remark900 said:

Any thoughts on him this week? I think he has the opportunity to establish himself in this offense...just up to him to grab it

 

It should be another "wait and see" game unless you're desperate. If he blows up you can start playing him, if he goes for 3 catches on 2 targets, it's likely that he can be dropped without much regret IMO. If Locket is out, all those things change, but it sounds like that won't be a factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF Gordon plays a good percent of the snaps (seems like he would after the bye), he should be going against Mills who is beatable. Eagles have been great against the slot and DK draws Darby, probably their best corner and doesn’t get beat deep much at all. Not saying you should start him, I’m debating whether to start Gordon, Woods, or Agholor, so pray for my team lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 10:20 PM, bhawks489 said:

What exactly happened to him? I didnt see anything.

He actually got released after being placed on Injured Reserve. I think he's with the Seahawks now. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 9:16 AM, kball09 said:

 

It should be another "wait and see" game unless you're desperate. If he blows up you can start playing him, if he goes for 3 catches on 2 targets, it's likely that he can be dropped without much regret IMO. If Locket is out, all those things change, but it sounds like that won't be a factor.

If he does that, hes a must start. :lol:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

If he does that, hes a must start. :lol:

I’d like to see 8 catches on 2 targets before I would feel comfortable starting him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nromn said:

I’d like to see 8 catches on 2 targets before I would feel comfortable starting him. 

Thats not how this works. Rookie thinking... 3 catches on 2 targets can only be multiplied equally. He very well could go 6 catches on 4 targets or 9 catches on 6 targets...expecting 8 catches on 2 targets.... get with it bro. Think outside the box. :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Thats not how this works. Rookie thinking... 3 catches on 2 targets can only be multiplied equally. He very well could go 6 catches on 4 targets or 9 catches on 6 targets...expecting 8 catches on 2 targets.... get with it bro. Think outside the box. :lol:

You’re right. I’m new to the world where JG posts usable fantasy stats and obviously overrated RWs abilities as well. I just figured the 2 combined formed some sort of FFB super combo. 
 

So is it at least fair to say his 3 catches on 2 targets will produce 424 yards and 5 TDs?

Edited by nromn
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 1:48 PM, FitzMagic said:

I think your point was more valid. The Eagles DBs are healthy. It is a totally different secondary now. If they can get any pressure at all then it will be a tough game for Wilson. Plus, the Eagles will be at home and desperate for a victory.

Might be healthier, but the secondary is still awful. None of the corners are good. It really has more to do with a healthier DLine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 1:48 PM, FitzMagic said:

I think your point was more valid. The Eagles DBs are healthy. It is a totally different secondary now. If they can get any pressure at all then it will be a tough game for Wilson. Plus, the Eagles will be at home and desperate for a victory.

 

Heard on XM this morning that Seahawks backup center is already almost leading the league in sacks given up since becoming the starter 2-3 weeks ago.  I recall in the 49's game, he got smoked and put on his arse getting wilson blown up.  Could be one of those games where Wilson just doesn't have much time and is scrambling (which is when he's best though??)  I have Lockett and Gordon on bench as a flyer and hoping the O-line can give RW some time? Fingers crossed.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.