DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Anyone trying to turn this into an AB proxy thread will receive a warning and suspension.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

I don't get it.

Dude was permabanned and had to be reinstated. He messes up again so we (for some reason) think he just gets a free pass and is eligible to play immediately? If I was the NFL, this dude would be done for life. What is this? 3 strikes and your out? Or are we on 4?

He has a "Disease". Thus he will be given chance after chance after chance after chance after chance. Because its a disease. poor guy.

4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

He has a "Disease". Thus he will be given chance after chance after chance after chance after chance. Because its a disease. poor guy.

His disease can be my round 14 + gamble.

4 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Why put “disease” in quotation marks?  Do you not believe he has an actual disease?  Or do you not have an ounce of compassion or understanding?

• Like 1

Anyone thinking Josh Gordon ever plays another down in the NFL should pass me some of what you have.

• Like 1

Coming on the left-hand side...

13 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

What's with the 'disease' in quotes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

What's with the 'disease' in quotes?

Just as it should be 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Just as it should be 

That's ignorant.

16 hours ago, BMcP said:

Why put “disease” in quotation marks?  Do you not believe he has an actual disease?  Or do you not have an ounce of compassion or understanding?

i define disease as a unwanted condition that was not chosen to be initially aquired.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

i define disease as a unwanted condition that was not chosen to be initially aquired.

noun

a disordered or incorrectly functioningorgan, part, structure, or system of the bodyresulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons,nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity,or unfavorable environmental factors;illness; sickness; ailment.

any abnormal condition in a plant thatinterferes with its vital physiologicalprocesses, caused by pathogenicmicroorganisms, parasites, unfavorableenvironmental, genetic, or nutritionalfactors, etc.
any harmful, depraved, or morbid condition,as of the mind or society:His fascination with executions is a disease.
decomposition of a material under specialcircumstances:tin disease.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Nope. He'll be given chance after chance after chance because he's a generational talent with a disease. Probably the best disease to have  by far by the way.

Edited by pikerbkb

26 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

Nope. He'll be given chance after chance after chance because he's a generational talent with a disease. Probably the best disease to have  by far by the way.

The nonexistent ones are the ones i prefer too

2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Can’t argue with that.  

3 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Exactly! Great bit! And until recently he was one of the most criminally underrated comics around. So angry Netflix took his podcast episodes off YT. Those were legendary. Had I known Netflix was removing them I would have ripped every one of them for my collection. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I'll go with what the people with MDs say.

On 2/5/2019 at 6:26 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

noun

a disordered or incorrectly functioningorgan, part, structure, or system of the bodyresulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons,nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity,or unfavorable environmental factors;illness; sickness; ailment.

any abnormal condition in a plant thatinterferes with its vital physiologicalprocesses, caused by pathogenicmicroorganisms, parasites, unfavorableenvironmental, genetic, or nutritionalfactors, etc.
any harmful, depraved, or morbid condition,as of the mind or society:His fascination with executions is a disease.
decomposition of a material under specialcircumstances:tin disease.

Cite your source in APA format.

• Haha 1

"Josh Gordon has been working out with Tim Montgomery since he was suspended according to multible sources"

This is not the first time he has worked out with him. Why is this news worthy? Why am I even posting?

On 3/5/2019 at 8:22 PM, devaster said:

Gordon will never play another down in the NFL.

Hopefully not,  if he comes back someone will almost certainly overdraft the guy based on thinking he'll put up 2013 numbers.  It's probably a close race between Josh Gordon and Jordan Reed for which player that fantasy owners have overdrafted more often the last few years due to chasing points from a good season that happened years ago. If JG does come back I pretty much guarantee someone will take him in the 9th round to pencil in as their WR3/Flex thinking they'll win the Championship running away. CSB, I was in a league last year where a dude went RB early and also took ARod a bit after ADP (he "slipped" a few spots) and picked Gordon as his WR1.  Likewise someone will reach for him in 2019 the same way unless JG is completely out of the league.  

On 3/5/2019 at 8:22 PM, devaster said:

Gordon will never play another down in the NFL.

true, but there are still many football teams who will express interest.

aalf.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jumper said:

Hopefully not,  if he comes back someone will almost certainly overdraft the guy based on thinking he'll put up 2013 numbers.  It's probably a close race between Josh Gordon and Jordan Reed for which player that fantasy owners have overdrafted more often the last few years due to chasing points from a good season that happened years ago. If JG does come back I pretty much guarantee someone will take him in the 9th round to pencil in as their WR3/Flex thinking they'll win the Championship running away. CSB, I was in a league last year where a dude went RB early and also took ARod a bit after ADP (he "slipped" a few spots) and picked Gordon as his WR1.  Likewise someone will reach for him in 2019 the same way unless JG is completely out of the league.  

Aside from this season, Reed is just hurt a lot. The points are there when he plays. Not an apt comparison.

Gordon is still a Patriot, no?  I have not heard that New England released him.  There have been some reports out lately that say the NFL will quietly back off of its draconian substance abuse policy, so we may see Gordon back on the field in 2019.  I certainly hope so.  I want one of my league mates to waste a spot on him.