DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

Just now, oresteszero said:

With AB going to the Patriots, how does this effect Gordon's value?

📉 📉📉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Josh Gordon is gonna FEAST!!! Loving this :D

EDIT:

I'm not wavering from this position. Less defensive attention on Gordon, the better it is. Brady has shown he can create MULTIPLE high scoring fantasy options in the past.

Edelman will get his

Gordon will get his

AB will get his 

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 2

Massive blow to his likely target share, value and likely general sanity. This is NO BUENO for us Gordon guys.

• Haha 1

Just now, mulhollandvelvet said:

What?? His spot just got taken. 

Such brittle logic.

3 WR sets for the Pats now, this is gonna be good!!

While Gordon’s value goes down a bit AB is a much bigger hit to Edelman than Gordon. 

• Thanks 3

Edelman and Gordon's value took a hit here. I get the premise that both will be up against lesser competition as a result, but that's got to mean fewer targets than they would have seen before. Just based on volume these guys will have to be more TD dependent than they were before. AB included as well. Can't see him consistently getting kind of targets he saw in Pittsburgh on this team.

• Thanks 1

You guys are nuts. This isn't good.

Gordon is likely the 5th option on the offense, now.

• Like 1

Well maybe he’ll do similar antics in New England and won’t end up playing. He seems hellbent on being out of control.

NO good for Gordon, Brown is primaddona head case and he's going to complain if he doesn't get his targets, this hurts Gordon.  Gordon is going to be the Chris Hogan now.  

Why are we assuming that in a position depending on chemistry a dude is going to come in out of nowhere and become the first option?

It was bad enough AB ruined everything in Oakland, but now he's taking us Gordon owners down with them. I purposely stayed away from AB in my drafts and he somehow still finds a way to ruin my team. 😤

• Like 1

*sigh* wrong year to gamble on gordon. This does not help gordon one bit. Brown will take up his targets and TDs. Only hope is that brown self destructs again

Given that I have Brown AND Gordon, I have NO idea how to respond to this......:wacko:

3 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Well maybe he’ll do similar antics in New England and won’t end up playing. He seems hellbent on being out of control.

It’s possible that he continues his antics and causes Gordon to start blazing. Leaving Edelman as last guy standing.

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Why are we assuming that in a position depending on chemistry a dude is going to come in out of nowhere and become the first option?

Because he's skilled enough and moss did the same. Gordon arrived part way through the season and was wr3/wr2 status. It isn't even week one yet. This is not a 100% positive for Gordon 

Edited by Guwop

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Because he’s Antonio Brown and the patriots just gave him a 1 year deal for 15 million dollars.

This hurts White & Edelman the most. Pats will run Gordon/AB on the outside and Edelman in the slot. AB will cut into both Edelman and White's target share. 

Gordon becomes more volatile than before. Less focus so more propensity for the big play. I think JG owners will have to be a bit more selective when they play him. 

• Like 1

Gordon in single coverage now, BUT his sanity is going to be infinitely harder to maintain

A receiver coming in and pushing Gordon down the depth charts is not good. You can't spin this into a positive. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TB44 said:

This hurts White & Edelman the most. Pats will run Gordon/AB on the outside and Edelman in the slot. AB will cut into both Edelman and White's target share. 

Gordon becomes more volatile than before. Less focus so more propensity for the big play. I think JG owners will have to be a bit more selective when they play him. 

More volatile is the last thing you want here when he was surefire the top wr to eat targets

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

A receiver coming in and pushing Gordon down the depth charts is not good. You can't spin this into a positive. 

Actually it's pretty easy to. If you thought Gordon was going to be a WR 1, that's done. Won't get enough targets. If you thought he was going to be a WR2...... pretty easy to see that happening. Running against 1 on 1 coverage with AB on the other side, Gordon is going to bully #2 corners.

Edited by USWAY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1