DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

Just now, oliminator123 said:

A receiver coming in and pushing Gordon down the depth charts is not good. You can't spin this into a positive. 

Some people are so dig in that they can’t admit the obvious. His target share just took a huge hit.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USWAY said:

Actually it's pretty easy to. If you thought Gordon was going to be a WR 1, that's done. Won't get enough targets. If you thought he was going to be a WR2...... pretty easy to see that happening. Running against 1 on 1 coverage with AB on the other side, Gordon is going to bully #2 corners.

Problem is Brady can't throw deep anymore. Look at his stats past couple years past 25 yards - they're embarrassingly bad. Now if they have 2 receiver sets Gordon won't even be on the field. 

• Haha 1

Any possible reason this could turn out like the cooks/woods production from last year? 

They would stretch out the field. 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Problem is Brady can't throw deep anymore. Look at his stats past couple years past 25 yards - they're embarrassingly bad. Now if they have 2 receiver sets Gordon won't even be on the field. 

Yikes. Is Gordon even playable? This isn’t good.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Given that I have Brown AND Gordon, I have NO idea how to respond to this......:wacko:

I feel like both kind of take a hit based on volume, but at the same time it likely increases red zone opportunities.

5 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Some people are so dig in that they can’t admit the obvious. His target share just took a huge hit.  

It really just comes down to your expectations, WR1 taking over Gronks target share and being the 1st look is def over. But WR2 numbers from last year are still in play 100%. If you drafted him as your WR2 or WR3. You’re going to be fine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

this blows, wr3 now. target share takes a huge hit. maybe they trade him to the raiders lol

1 minute ago, boshtrich17 said:

It really just comes down to your expectations, WR1 taking over Gronks target share and being the 1st look is def over. But WR2 numbers from last year are still in play 100%. If you drafted him as your WR2 or WR3. You’re going to be fine

You think Gordon can still be a WR2?

Just now, CrastersCreep said:

You think Gordon can still be a WR2?

No doubt he can reproduce his numbers last year when he was a WR2 for his time with the Pats for 10 games. I just think people who drafted him expecting this gronk takeover and beast to blow up games need to expect last years numbers.

This is a huge blow to Gordon. Sucks. He's hurt the most by this, but I honestly think all the Pats weapons take a downtick. Even Brown himself. There going to spread that ball around and it's going to be so hard to predict. Anybody's guess. No chance they don't take advantage of all the weapons, and keep teams guessing week to week. 

Brown is probably the only safe choice of the WR's. Huge diva, one of the best WR's in the game, this move was made with Bill/Brady knowing he'd need the usage to keep his ego in check. If they couldn't provide that, doubtful the GOAT team takes this kinda risk. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Disappointed, I got sucked into the Gordon hype train again this year with all the Pats departures. 

Think he will have similar production to last year but any wish for him to become the bonafide WR1 is gone.

Edited by Foppatosakic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

This has been some kind of summer for players last name Gordon

My 3/4 Turn Picks: Josh/Melvin Gordon (Picks 47/50 -- 16TL)

As a season ticket holder of the Jets AND a JG Truther - expecting something like 90/1200/10+ - I've spent the last half hour breaking s--- (not really, but...)

The New England Patriots will always be cheaters

- Antonio Brown

- Josh Gordon

- Julian Edelman

- Demaryius Thomas

I quit the NFL.

What's nuts to me is people not envisioning a scenario where Gordon goes up against a 2nd stringer because of AB's constant need for defensive attention.

I'm loving this as a Gordon owner.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

You should pick him up besides.

Would if I could.  Short bench.  Starting to think it might be best to avoid all Raiders this year.  At least the Patriots will get in the endzone

20 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I don't have access to data further than 25 yards, but PFF has Brady second to only Mahomes for most accurate thrower on passes that travel further than 20 air yards the last three seasons, including the playoffs:

Can speak to the personnel sets, but we have to figure a large majority of their sets will be 3-wide. 

Also, are we factoring in the fact that Brady and Brown have never played together? AB is one of the best to ever do it, but Gordon and Brady went through the chemistry thing last year. And at least they threw together all off-season.

4 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

What's nuts to me is people not envisioning a scenario where Gordon goes up against a 2nd stringer because of AB's constant need for defensive attention.

Exactly. Atleast someone sees thus as a plus

Edited by SyNdicateZ

5 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Yeah I thought about it after my first reaction and was thinking the same.  This doesn't bring Gordon off the field, and if anything teams will roll coverage towards AB.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Exactly. Atleast someone sees thus as a plus

Pats are collecting all the troubled persons.  Love it!

This just sucks, drafted Gordon as my WR2 (went RB heavy to start), and really expected a solid floor with a sky high ceiling.  Now he's basically TD or bust, he's essentially the DJax of the Pats. Good luck figuring out when he's gonna go off or now - other than this week.  I'm gonna be selling for 10 cents on the dollar or cutting him for Renfrow ffs...

Edited by TheINC