DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Guwop said:

So you mean to tell me that losing targets and TDs to a superior wr is a good thing?

Man juju lost hard then lol

Still seems like a lock for 1,000+ yards and 8 TDs.

What's wrong with that?

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Still seems like a lock for 1,000+ yards and 8 TDs.

What's wrong with that?

He would easily have more without AB. I could have sworn having more yards and TDs was a good thing for fantasy football

I own Gordon as well and I'm not thrilled (I don't see how it could be a positive) but the guy still has big upside in this offense.  Gordon was never going to be a 150 target guy.  But he could score a lot of TDs and rack up a lot of big plays in this offense.  I'd move him down about one round in draft value.

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

He would easily have more without AB. I could have sworn having more yards and TDs was a good thing for fantasy football

You have no idea how it would have worked out or how this will work out. You are guessing like everyone else is.

It's not all bad if AB draws attention away from Gordon. Like when they play buffalo and face CB White who can shut AB down, or Miami CB xavien Howard. AB should get plenty but I think there is plenty to go around in NE.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Guwop said:

So you mean to tell me that losing targets and TDs to a superior wr is a good thing?

Man juju lost hard then lol

Did you even read it? Honestly....

Nowhere there did I say it was a good thing. I even said it capped his upside. My point (which I legitimately summarized in the post) is that the potential is clearly still there for a strong WR2 season. For a guy who was taken in the 7th or later, the panic in this thread confuses me. 

Let me know if you need me to explain more.

Edited by USWAY
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, USWAY said:

Did you even read it? Honestly....

Nowhere there did I say it was a good thing. I even said it capped his upside. My point (which I legitimately summarized in the post) is that the potential is clearly still there for a strong WR2 season. For a guy who was taken in the 7th or later, the panic in this thread confuses me. 

Let me know if you need me to explain more.

Clearly it's not panic we've said we're still using him. We are not saying drop him. Folks are disappointed because his ceiling is lower and folks are spinning the lowering of a ceiling as a positive when the new first hit. You can be upset about a ceiling lowering trade AND still roll him out weekly. They arent mutually exclusive and it's not panicking. Stop the bs

• Like 1

I legitimately think his floor went up despite the ceiling being lowered. Prolific offenses can support 2+ pass catchers and an RB1. 

• Like 3

There's a good chance all three WRs will be WR1/WR2

Rams last year

Woods 1219/6

Cooks 1204/5

Kupp/Reynolds 968/11

Everyone eats!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Tom Bradys value is sky high right now in fantasy

Yup.  If there’s a clear winner here it’s him

10 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Clearly it's not panic we've said we're still using him. We are not saying drop him. Folks are disappointed because his ceiling is lower and folks are spinning the lowering of a ceiling as a positive when the new first hit. You can be upset about a ceiling lowering trade AND still roll him out weekly. They arent mutually exclusive and it's not panicking. Stop the bs

What bs are you even talking about? The fact I'm explaining why I also am rolling him out weekly, think his ceiling is capped, but still think he could be a WR2?

You went from asking me how I think the AB acquisition is a good thing to telling me to stop the bs.....

Edited by USWAY

I still think Brown's out of his mind and might not last very long there but if he plays like he did in pitt it's no good for Gordon.  Gordon doesn't need competition for deep balls.

34 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Right so Edelman averages 50 more targets than White, but somehow White is the security blanket?  Ok man...good thing I can disregard your takes from here on out.

Clearly James White was the security blanket. Dude had 123 targets from the running back position! Anytime the receivers, including Edelman couldn’t get free he checked down to White. Anytime they were in comeback mode he literally looked his way when the initial play wasn’t there. No doubt he’s most familiar and has the most chemistry with Edelman, but when plus broke down, Brady looked for White, hence security blanket.

I don't think Brown hurts Gordon. Gordon is there to blow the top off the defense. Brown likely helps Gordon get higher quality deep looks.

• Like 4

Just now, reichl555 said:

Sorry Gordonites. 😢

Why? The dude is basically the size of Julio and is the FLASH. He'll be fine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I don't think Brown hurts Gordon. Gordon is there to blow the top off the defense. Brown likely helps Gordon get higher quality deep looks.

AB can blow the top off defenses too. Also watch the Harris football video on Gordon, he's not that type of player anymore

The pats exploit and plan for favorable matchups. Girdon will most likely be matched up with the opposing defenses CB2 . Its going to be a buffet for gordon and especially edelman

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I was thinking the same thing.  This will take attention away from him.  I can see him having a lot of 4-110-1 type games.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

There's a good chance all three WRs will be WR1/WR2

Rams last year

Woods 1219/6

Cooks 1204/5

Kupp/Reynolds 968/11

Everyone eats!

wait except the Rams RB was garbage and the pats have Sony...oops.

In all seriousness, I love this logic. If that loser Goof can support three players, what will the GOAT do? 

Toot f'ing toot.

My opinion? Thanks for asking. Gordon will be a little more boom/bust. But the booms will be huge. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FUM said:

I was thinking the same thing.  This will take attention away from him.  I can see him having a lot of 4-110-1 type games.

This.

Brown has a better Martavis Bryant with him now 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

More volatile is the last thing you want here when he was surefire the top wr to eat targets

I agree - I didn't mean it as a positive. I meant its going to be difficult to know when to start/sit.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You have no idea how it would have worked out or how this will work out. You are guessing like everyone else is.

It's not all bad if AB draws attention away from Gordon. Like when they play buffalo and face CB White who can shut AB down, or Miami CB xavien Howard. AB should get plenty but I think there is plenty to go around in NE.

I do think we have to note that Brady isn't going to force to AB. He will spread the ball to the open man, which could save some of Gordon's value.

• Like 1

I think defenses will pay Brown a ton of attention allowing Josh Gordon to feast and have a big year. 

Edelman and White will be adversely affected the most. Gordon should thrive and touch low-end WR1 results. Watch.

• Like 1