DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Anyone trying to turn this into an AB proxy thread will receive a warning and suspension.]

Message added by tonycpsu

9 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

He never failed a test last year. Lot of misinformation in this thread. He stepped away from the team bc he felt his mental health was slipping. That violated the terms of his reinstatement which is why he was indefinitely suspended again, but as he didn’t fail a test, will most likely be reinstated if he can prove he’s ok mentally. That’s why the pats tenured him, he never failed a test last year. 

And agree with others he was never 100% last year with the hammy injury and then broken finger. Unfortunately his qb will once again suck on deep throws. Easy buy at current adp. Especially if everyone thinks he failed a drug test and will be suspended 10+ games 

Source?

I was under the impression he stepped away for mental health issues because he knew he'd fail an upcoming test. A quick googling and nothing says he failed a test, just violated terms of reinstatement. 

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Source?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2018/12/20/18150056/josh-gordon-suspended-patriots-nfl-substance-abuse-policy

this article explicitly states he didn’t fail a drug test. Can anyone find me a source saying he did(while on the pats)? Sounds like everyone just assumed he did

48 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Are we really doing this again?

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2019 at 7:03 AM, FollowTheLeader said:

"Patriots re-sign WR Josh Gordon to a one year $2.025 million contract:

Gordon is once again indefinitely suspended, but NFL.com reported in February there is a "chance" he is reinstated by training camp. Believe it when you see it. The practical implication of Gordon signing his restricted free agent tender is that, if he plays, it will indeed be as a Patriot. We have gone months without a real update on Gordon's status/progress."

If he plays next year, he will be a Patriot...which is about all we know at this point. *would really like to see him get his life in order, and possibly make an impact on the football field again.

IMHO the Patriots draft will give us a glimpse into how the NE brass feels the Gordon suspension will play out, ie: IF they draft WRs, who the WRs are, and at what spot they draft said WRs.

Ding Ding Ding.  Bid bodied WR in the middle rounds might be Josh Gordon insurance.  Big bodied WR in the first round?  Likely Josh Gordon replacement.

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2018/12/20/18150056/josh-gordon-suspended-patriots-nfl-substance-abuse-policy

this article explicitly states he didn’t fail a drug test. Can anyone find me a source saying he did(while on the pats)? Sounds like everyone just assumed he did

I was looking for a source as to him getting reinstated soon. He violated the terms of his agreement with the league. Whether if it was a failed drug test or not doesnt really matter. 

11 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I was looking for a source as to him getting reinstated soon. He violated the terms of his agreement with the league. Whether if it was a failed drug test or not doesnt really matter. 

Oh, my b. I would argue that it does matter though bc another failed drug test and he’d probably be banned from the league. Doubt pats give him 2m if he’s not playing this year 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Oh, my b. I would argue that it does matter though bc another failed drug test and he’d probably be banned from the league. Doubt pats give him 2m if he’s not playing this year 

That was just a formality and there was no reason for the Pats not to sign it.  Hes most likely not playing this year. Though the NFL rules are random so I guess it is possible.

Edited by dmb3684

I was a Gordon truther, but after this latest shenanigan i'm officially tapping out.  (For good this time, I swear.)  Can't believe anyone would still be holding onto this guy, lol.

On 5/5/2019 at 2:55 PM, FreakFries said:

The annual conundrum with big bodied WR Josh Gordon:

This is me with Jordan Reed. Been out on Flash a couple years now.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I was a Gordon truther, but after this latest shenanigan i'm officially tapping out.  (For good this time, I swear.)  Can't believe anyone would still be holding onto this guy, lol.

This latest shenanigan was probably the least concerning though? There is still hope!

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

This latest shenanigan was probably the least concerning though? There is still hope!

You have an addiction my friend.

im still taking gordon late in drafts. im in on him till he od's

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

What’s his adp? Why wouldn’t you draft this guy? Put up solid numbers last year being out of football for how long? And was playing hurt. 

11 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

What’s his adp? Why wouldn’t you draft this guy? Put up solid numbers last year being out of football for how long? And was playing hurt. 

Because I prefer players playing in the NFL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IF I was incorrect, and the drafting of a 2nd big bodied WR (even in the 1st RD), was made with the intention of lining up both BIG bodies JGordon (NE has a better understanding of his situation than we do) AND NKHarry in their base offense alongside JEdelman + 1 RB (Michel/Harris/White) + 1 blocking TE...look out NFL!

Those big WRs can block for the run, as well as represent two of the better contested catch wideouts in the game, possibly masking any of Brady's diminished skills going forward.

*could be tons of fun to watch B)

Or, NKHarry simply represents Gordon insurance/replacement :shrug:

22 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Draft a first rounder as insurance for someone they got for a conditional fifth rounder?

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Because I prefer players playing in the NFL.

Ok, well enjoy drafting chiefs d or whoever in the last round instead 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Draft a first rounder as insurance for someone they got for a conditional fifth rounder?

The portion of my statement you quoted (regarding your post above), was made in reference to two statements I presented earlier in this thread (pre-draft) regarding Gordon/NE draft.

...fairly certain, Gordon (when on the field), has outplayed/performed the perceived value of "a conditional 5th rounder," especially as it relates to offensive scheme/play. And with the transformation of the NE offense last season (+ loss of Gronk), having a big body like Gordon and/or NKHarry certainly makes sense, correct? So, NKHarry isn't so much Gordon the person insurance, as NKHarry is Gordon's physicality/size insurance.

My most recent post (the portion you did not quote) was aimed more at the "what if" aspect. The "what if" Gordon plays next year, and both NKHarry AND Gordon line-up same time on the field next season. Could be exciting, and it makes sense due to recent NE offensive scheme changes...

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

IF I was incorrect, and the drafting of a 2nd big bodied WR (even in the 1st RD), was made with the intention of lining up both BIG bodies JGordon (NE has a better understanding of his situation than we do) AND NKHarry in their base offense alongside JEdelman + 1 RB (Michel/Harris/White) + 1 blocking TE...look out NFL!

Those big WRs can block for the run, as well as represent two of the better contested catch wideouts in the game, possibly masking any of Brady's diminished skills going forward.

*could be tons of fun to watch B)

Well, gronk retired so they need another pass catcher 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Well, gronk retired so they need another pass catcher 

*agreed; see my reference to this ^ aspect below (posted ~45 minutes prior to your post, in this very thread):

57 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

And with the transformation of the NE offense last season (+ loss of Gronk), having a big body like Gordon and/or NKHarry certainly makes sense, correct?

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Ok, well enjoy drafting chiefs d or whoever in the last round instead 

I obviously draft a kicker in the last round, as one should.

Im in Boston so someone will take Flash before the last few rounds.

Edited by dmb3684