DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

On 9/14/2019 at 10:51 AM, this guy right here said:

How do they get 24 points?............

This narrative always confuses me. Yes, players may be factored out in a lopsided game but many points need to be scored for that to happen.

AKA good chance said player put up good numbers early in the game.

And yet I was exactly right with my concern. 

NE scores a ton, and Josh got nothing. 

Quick, everyone has 30 seconds to trade back for the Gordon shares they gave away last night!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Remember when people were trying to convince themselves that AB somehow helped Gordon 😂

I do. Haven't seen ANY of them in this thread since that game. Not sure how they could avoid such a popular thread lol

Only hope sadly is the nfl eventually places brown on the excemt list. Not unlikely with a new person coming forward.

People putting stock into games against the Dolphins...

40 minutes ago, CitizenJ said:

People putting stock into games against the Dolphins...

People are absolutely crazy. They played the dolphins lol they didn’t need to do anything. I think AB blow up game one could e best for Gordon. Teams now need to focus on brown which opens up bombs to Gordon. BROWN hurts EDELMAN most 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Robrob129killa said:

People are absolutely crazy. They played the dolphins lol they didn’t need to do anything. I think AB blow up game one could e best for Gordon. Teams now need to focus on brown which opens up bombs to Gordon. BROWN hurts EDELMAN most 

THIS^^^^ it was 43-0 2 defensive TDs and outside of browns TD it was all rbs which was expected. Cmon now. We haven’t received the sample size yet to actually worry. 

• Like 2

NE doesn't play a respectable oppn for a shoot out until maybe the Ravens 7 weeks from now. Its going be a lot of score big in early and run the ball. Unless Brown gets cut..Gordon and Edelman and brown are all wr2 and wr3 level. Don't see wr1 numbers emerging from any patriots wr...too many weopons for brady to choose from. 

As a Dolphins fan it was pretty clear BB had two agendas.   The first was to show AB off.  The second was to lowkey go easy on coach Brian Flores.    It was so obvious in the playcalling throughout most of the first three quarters (very run heavy).   But my beloved Dolphins are so bad they couldn't help but puke on themselves.

There was a point towards the end of the third quarter I thought for sure it was setting up for the Dolphins to screw anyone who took the Pats and points with a garbage TD.  Then Ryan Fitzpatrick went Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Edited by RockSexton

1 hour ago, Robrob129killa said:

Yea...and the Pats didnt need to do anything against the Steelers too ....I guess.

my money is the pats d is the real deal right up there with Chicago D

Edited by SyNdicateZ

17 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Yea...and the Pats didnt need to do anything against the Steelers too ....I guess.

Well we haven’t seen the Steelers offense do anything yet, it’s not like this Pats D shut down the Ben-AB-Bell version of the team. The Pats usually have a bend-but-don’t-break D that gives up points.

Although looking at the schedule, they don’t really play a good offense until halfway through the season. They’ve got a great fantasy stretch after the bye — Philly, Dallas, Houston, KC. But those games will come too late to help anyone relying on Pats weapons as their WR2 or RB2.

Have to say I was one that thought and still do suspect that having Gordon and Brown on the field at the same time = biiig trouble for Ds and good overall stats for both. Don't go by the Fins game.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RockSexton said:

As a Dolphins fan it was pretty clear BB had two agendas.   The first was to show AB off.  The second was to lowkey go easy on coach Brian Flores.    It was so obvious in the playcalling throughout most of the first three quarters (very run heavy).  

If Belichick was low-key going easy on Flores, he had an interesting way of showing it...
Brady was still in for a drive that started with 5:09 left in the 4th quarter of a 37-0 game AND he proceeded to throw on 1st down twice, while also throwing a TD pass with 2:15 left. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Robrob129killa said:

Believe it into existence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really though which team other than KC can actually match-up with the Pats defense enough to cause a shootout?

Really hard to gauge Gordon going forward. But for sure the Miami game was an outlier , anyone that understands football will come to the same conclusion. Trying to showcase AB and the defensive TD's is not the norm.  This week and the next will give us a clearer picture on how to proceed with Josh. But as talented as Gordon is, I would think the top corner of every team will shadow AB and not him. Should still get easy looks regardless. Moving forward my hope is he averages 5-6 targets a game, and get's RZ looks from Brady. AB is an amazing talent, but how can you not throw it to this guy , 1on1 contested catches he's just too strong, with his height, and great hands. It would be foolish for Brady & Belichick not to utilize that.  It's an absolute shame the Pats have such an easy schedule , because against good teams and close games, you always go to your top talents to help you win games. And that definitely includes Josh . I'm most likely starting him this week , not loving it don't get me wrong. But my options are quite limited to be honest, just going to hope for Gordon to break a long one. Or a contested redzone throw where Brady chucks it up in the air and you pray Flash comes down with it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Corleone said:

If Belichick was low-key going easy on Flores, he had an interesting way of showing it...
Brady was still in for a drive that started with 5:09 left in the 4th quarter of a 37-0 game AND he proceeded to throw on 1st down twice, while also throwing a TD pass with 2:15 left. 

Right, anyone who thinks Belichick goes easy on anyone needs to think again. Doesn't anyone else remember them running up the score on teams that were clearly beaten late in the game during Brady's pursuit of 50 TDs back when lol 

As for Gordon tough call. If someone drops him do you snap him up if you're stocked at WR, hoping for the upside? People who got guys like McLaurin or Metcalf (etc) who are looking so promising so far but that could be early outlier success.

Hard to believe we're talking about Gordon so poorly so quickly, everyone was on him like flies on (you know) in August lol

• Like 1

And for what it's worth, Josh Gordon's snap count actually went up from  67% week 1 to 79% week 2  . And who took the biggest hit with AB's arrival ... you guessed it Phillip Dorsett, it plummeted actually from 87% week 1 to 49% week 2 .  Safe to say in most 3 wideout packages , we'll be seeing the big3 in Brown, Gordon, & Edelman .  Which is all you can really ask for at this point. The rest is up to Brady, and what match ups he prefers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's hope for the JuJu effect.  Meaning, AB will get his, but Flash will get the team MVP.  Then AB will go ape-s--- crazy, skip the most important game of the season, and contribute to the Patriots to missing the playoffs.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2019 at 3:07 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

You mean the same Steelers that put up like 250 yards against a so-so Seattle defense at home? That Steelers?

lmao @ the Patriots D being up there with Chicago.

I’m a hold. He has a ton of potential for a bb/josh offense without a legit TE. The fact that they let him speak to media is a great step forward for JG.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Let's hope for the JuJu effect.  Meaning, AB will get his, but Flash will get the team MVP.  Then AB will go ape-s--- crazy, skip the most important game of the season, and contribute to the Patriots to missing the playoffs.

Pats are gonna lock up the AFC east by like week 10 though

• Like 1