DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

Because its Josh Gordon and most of his supporters are still hoping he can return to 2013 form. Looking at him objectively he's a decent WR3, nothing more. 

The scary thing is not if he has lost it to me.  It is the who they are targeting him at nearly the same rate.  Dorsett has 23 targets to Gordon's 27.  Dorsett had 290 yards last year in 16 games. He has a career high of 528 yards in 2016. He averages 287 yards per year in his career so far.  I mean, at least feed Josh and let him fall on his face.  I get Edelman super BFF of Brady, but Dorsett? That stings.

8 minutes ago, Sternes said:

The scary thing is not if he has lost it to me.  It is the who they are targeting him at nearly the same rate.  Dorsett has 23 targets to Gordon's 27.  Dorsett had 290 yards last year in 16 games. He has a career high of 528 yards in 2016. He averages 287 yards per year in his career so far.  I mean, at least feed Josh and let him fall on his face.  I get Edelman super BFF of Brady, but Dorsett? That stings.

Tell me about it brodie, burns me because I feel the same exact way. Gordon needs to be peppered with targets every single game ! The most talented player on their offense bar none. 

Imagine him being on a team like the 49ers with Shanny drawing up plays for him and Jimmy G peppering him with targets. Oh man the possibilities

"I've got to do a better job of getting Josh the ball" - OC Josh McDaniels on Josh Gordon

Music to my ears!

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Sternes said:

16 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Tell me about it brodie, burns me because I feel the same exact way. Gordon needs to be peppered with targets every single game ! The most talented player on their offense bar none. 

Don’t forget Ben Watson is coming back this week as well and he’ll be eating up some target shares ughhh.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Al.Davis said:

Are you Josh Gordon quitters also giving up on Nuk and OBJ?  Brighter days ahead fellas....keep the faith!!

Easier to trust Nuk and OBJ since they have past evidence of playing well. Gordon has not and hasn't have a breakout game yet this season. Both obj and nuk have a qb who can get them deep targets. Nowhere near the same situation. WR3 at best this season which is basically what he was last year as a wr2/wr3 borderline

Quote by Josh McDaniel their Offensive Coach:

"“He’s ready to go, he practices well, he practices hard, he really studies the game plan. He’s moved into multiple positions this year, whereas last year he was more in one spot most of the time. And honestly, I need to do a better job of finding ways to get him the ball throughout the course of the game in whatever role or position that we’re asking him to play.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2019/10/patriots-hoping-to-get-josh-gordon-more-involved-in-offense/"

Wooopie

Posted (edited)

I freaking hate that I just saw this comment above by McDaniels^^ I'm ready to ship Gordo out but now makes me wana reconsider. Alot of options in that offense, they love to hit the mismatch/open man. J Gordon will always have the other teams top CB, and Brady seems to like Dorsett alot too. Not to mention most of their games will be games where they won't need to force the issue offensively. Looking like a sell to me. 

Edited by Mrmann1

The biggest thing holding Gordon back is how absurdly good the Pats defense has been.

Posted (edited)

Flash is playing great football. They just don’t need him to do what we want him to do. If this Pats team ever played a game where they were down multiple scores, he’d be breaking big plays left and right.

The problem is, this team may never be down by multiple scores all season.

Edited by eg4190

1 hour ago, Mrmann1 said:

I freaking hate that I just saw this comment above by McDaniels^^ I'm ready to ship Gordo out but now makes me wana reconsider. Alot of options in that offense, they love to hit the mismatch/open man. J Gordon will always have the other teams top CB, and Brady seems to like Dorsett alot too. Not to mention most of their games will be games where they won't need to force the issue offensively. Looking like a sell to me. 

Same, was looking to maybe shop Flash around this week but maybe have to hold after McDaniels quote. They might actually make a concentrated effort to give him the ball, they need someone to throw it to on the outside. 

11 hours ago, jh83 said:

"I've got to do a better job of getting Josh the ball" - OC Josh McDaniels on Josh Gordon

Music to my ears!

Ha, I shouldn’t have opened this thread because I was thinking of benching him this week even though they play Washington. I guess I will have to reconsider now. 

These cake matchups aren’t good for Gordon. NE has a good defense and against these trash teams game is over at the half. Even then they just run and dink and dunk the ball the entire time. 

The second half of the season their schedule is a bit tougher and we will see more games where they air it out.

I genuinely can’t remember the last time the Pats were down more than 14 points. Opener against the Chiefs in 2017? 

7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I genuinely can’t remember the last time the Pats were down more than 14 points. Opener against the Chiefs in 2017? 

Week 2 and 3 last year vs Jags and Det.

2 hours ago, youngrice said:

Week 2 and 3 last year vs Jags and Det.

Oh yeah. I forgot the Pats were pretending to be bad early last season. 

uh-oh rotoworld will rotoworld fall victim to coachspeak yet again?

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Easy start this week?

Patriots are a 15 point favorite. If Gordon doesn't get his in the first quarter then it's a coin-toss on whether you'll regret playing him, since it's unlikely they'll need to throw much in the 2nd half.

Just now, vercrazy said:

Patriots are a 15 point favorite. If Gordon doesn't get his in the first quarter then it's a coin-toss on whether you'll regret playing him, since it's unlikely they'll need to throw much in the 2nd half.

Sure but I don't think they'll get away from passing.   Even in the blowouts, they've continued to throw the ball.   The anomaly being Miami who gave up the defensive scores and kept Brady off the field.

• Like 2

If he doesn't blow up here and ball out, then when exactly are we ever going to be able to comfortably put this guy into the starting lineup?  But given that it's Washington, I foresee: 1st quarter, Dorsett 35 yard TD.  James White TD.  Then Hoodie just feeds to Michel three times for his 2.8 ypc, punt, repeat. 

• Like 1