DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

I think the problem is that Josh Gordon has entered his late-stage Jordy phase.  With all the time off, off-field problems, and years away from the game, he's just not the same player he once was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't know what leagues ppl are in besides 10 teamers that you're straight dropping Gordon, and for who?  Most of the WR3's on the wire have garbage QBs on trash offenses with highly erratic volume and little upside.  Gordon hasn't delivered this season for sure, but the target volume is still there and with the way this team is banged up it's only a matter of time that he starts to shine.  He's hard to start for sure, but really dropping him (for another WR) seems too reactive IMO.  Also the sked gets significantly tougher from here on out, so they won't be salting away leads on the ground, nor can their D sustain the TD rate they've been doing either.

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

Oh? Now the Patriots will air it out more?

I dont want to burst your bubble but Brady has 228 pass attempts through 6 games in 2019 while he had 214 in the first 6 games through 2018. Your argument is already busted lol

Edited by bhawks489

8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I dont want to burst your bubble but Brady has 228 pass attempts through 6 games in 2019 while he had 214 in the first 6 games through 2018. Your argument is already busted lol

So then the gameflow argument is busted as well. So much for that excuse for why Gordon is having a poor season.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

So then the gameflow argument is busted as well. So much for that excuse for why Gordon is having a poor season.

You ignored the guys question then supplied your own. I was just debunking that cause they ARE throwing more.

I have a different theory and i think Brady has his last year and hes trying to pad his stats.

Edited by bhawks489
  • Haha 1

The 2013 Josh Gordon would have turned 6 targets into 180-3.  This version gets 55-0.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The 2013 Josh Gordon would have turned 6 targets into 180-3.  This version gets 55-0.

True, but the '13 Gordon would then follow that up by trying to snort the goalline on the TD celebration and promptly get suspended for the rest of the season...

• Haha 3

Rotoworld forum: I'm dropping Josh Gordon

Also Rotoworld forum: I'm holding OJ Howard week after week after week because "there's nothing better on the wire"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

They say if you learn to play pool with a few beers in you, you will play best in that state.

1 minute ago, TheINC said:

True, but the '13 Gordon would then follow that up by trying to snort the goalline on the TD celebration and promptly get suspended for the rest of the season...

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The difference is the 2013 version had a converted pitcher for a QB who wasn’t afraid to just chuck the ball as far as he could. Andddddd he was lit the entire season. Now he’s sober with the less athletic Alex Smith running the offense 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Brady really does not have much left.  Not sure why the Patriots opponents don't load the box to stop the run, triple team Edelman, and call it a day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If that’s a serious football question, the answer is a. They try, b. They can succeed for a half or so, c. The Patriots’ head coach is good enough to win a Thursday Night game in four days rest with a third string QB 27-0. He is super prepared for the game plan you just described. 

Also, only eleven players on the field, how many are you committing to stopping the run in your scenario? At least five, right? How many to Edelman? Triple teamed, right? That leaves 3 players in single coverage.

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brady really does not have much left.  Not sure why the Patriots opponents don't load the box to stop the run, triple team Edelman, and call it a day.

Doesn't seem to matter when they've had the cakiest sked in the AFC so far, and their D is winning them games in the 1st qtr

• Like 1

Just now, TheINC said:

Doesn't seem to matter when they've had the cakiest sked in the AFC so far, and their D is winning them games in the 1st qtr

Their defense is winning them games because their offense has been slow and ugly. Their defense is bailing the offense out in a lot of the games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Their defense is winning them games because their offense has been slow and ugly. Their defense is bailing the offense out in a lot of the games.

Their D has been winning them games bc they've faced the weakest crop of QBs, aside from Ben it's been Rosen, Falk, Allen, McCoy, and Jones.  The D doesn't need to bail out the offense when the opposing QB is peppering the opposing team with targets.  But I do agree with you in principle, the offense is very sluggish, which makes the lack of Gordon production all the more perplexing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Rotoworld forum: I'm dropping Josh Gordon

Also Rotoworld forum: I'm holding OJ Howard week after week after week because "there's nothing better on the wire"

apples and oranges. Tight end is a wasteland 

Just now, jstep13 said:

apples and oranges. Tight end is a wasteland 

and yet OJ is still complete garbage...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Don't know what leagues ppl are in besides 10 teamers that you're straight dropping Gordon, and for who?  Most of the WR3's on the wire have garbage QBs on trash offenses with highly erratic volume and little upside.  Gordon hasn't delivered this season for sure, but the target volume is still there and with the way this team is banged up it's only a matter of time that he starts to shine.  He's hard to start for sure, but really dropping him (for another WR) seems too reactive IMO.  Also the sked gets significantly tougher from here on out, so they won't be salting away leads on the ground, nor can their D sustain the TD rate they've been doing either.

Crowder and cole Beasley in a 12 team have been able in a lot of leagues. They have better schedules and can produce more sine they actually get targeted. 

Josh Gordon is talented there’s no doubt. The problem isn’t his talent. It’s the patriots. They don’t use him as a #1 or even a #2. I hate it as well but they seem to view him more of a big play guy rather than an every down wr. s--- if they would at least use him like they did with ab that would be great. But they don’t make him run nearly as many routes. 

Just now, HOF12 said:

Crowder and cole Beasley in a 12 team have been able in a lot of leagues. They have better schedules and can produce more sine they actually get targeted. 

Josh Gordon is talented there’s no doubt. The problem isn’t his talent. It’s the patriots. They don’t use him as a #1 or even a #2. I hate it as well but they seem to view him more of a big play guy rather than an every down wr. s--- if they would at least use him like they did with ab that would be great. But they don’t make him run nearly as many routes. 

Agreed, and definitely in a ppr league then I could see it. Tho Crowder has only been useful twice so far, and Beasles has got Allen throwing to him, so i'd trust Brady more than him.  I think in general though (esp in standard) the other WRs you're gonna drop Gordon for are likely to be less productive when the season all shakes out.  Now if you're dropping him for a TE, QB, RB or a 2nd D then that's a whole other story.

58 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

The Pats have one of the worst o-line's in the league and JE and JW take up all the short passes...I still don't see how people can't see this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeyfan77 said:

The Pats have one of the worst o-line's in the league and JE and JW take up all the short passes...I still don't see how people can't see this!

Which is exactly why it’s not worth holding onto Gordon. It’s all Edelman targets. 

3 hours ago, TheINC said:

and yet OJ is still complete garbage...

Huh?

There’s nothing wrong with OJ at all. Personally, I’ve always preferred apple juice but OJ is fine. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Huh?

There’s nothing wrong with OJ at all. Personally, I’ve always preferred apple juice but OJ is fine. 

Oj gives me heartburn

23 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I'm sure you're joking, but if not.... because math? 8 in the box + 3 on Edelman means literally 0 on 2 WR's and a potentially a TE in 3 WR sets (which is what the Patriots run 51% of the time). 

4 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

I'm sure you're joking, but if not.... because math? 8 in the box + 3 on Edelman means literally 0 on 2 WR's and a potentially a TE in 3 WR sets (which is what the Patriots run 51% of the time). 

NFL teams: if we stack the box then we will force Brady to beat us with his arm!

Brady: throws a million first downs to Edelman and beats them with his arm

NFL teams: 😮

• Haha 1