DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

38 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

They need to just let him keep letting him use his medicine, it's not even illegal in Seattle

Shut up! They are taking their prescribed vicodin and oxycontin whether anyone likes it or not!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

There’s one logical Pats fan in here.

The NY and Boston area fans like to act like every player that leaves their team is some total bum.

Before Flash going to IR was even a thought: Thank god it's not season injuring can't wait for him to get healthy and come back!

After Flash goes to IR: We didn't need him and he was never that good to begin with.

Like clockwork every time the Pats release someone.

my estimates put him at a modest 7/232/2 next week

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, whadeeb said:

A little light on the yards I think. 

7 catches, while a bit on the conservative side, is, I suppose, an all things considered reasonable expectation for his very first game with a brand new team, 10 weeks into the season, after what will have been 9 days since having joining said brand new team.

But only 232 on the yards??  So, what; you only have him pegged for a quarter, quarter and a half of football then??

If you're having him catch 7 balls, but only have him amassing a total of 232 yards...that's not even 35 yards a catch. Heck, that's not even a 34 yards a catch.

We're sittin' here, and we're speculating on Josh friggin' Gordon, and we in here talkin' bout 232 total yards? I mean, listen, we talking about total yards; not air yards, not air yards...we talkin' bout 232 total yards.

I understand wanting to go the conservative route on the expectations for Gordon in his first game with the new ball club, but c'mon. 

So that 232 figure?...Yeah, sure; maybe if he only had like 3 receptions or something like that, I could see it.

The 2 TD's however, that sounds about right.  

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

A little light on the yards I think. 

7 catches, while a bit on the conservative side, is, I suppose, an all things considered reasonable expectation for his very first game with a brand new team, 10 weeks into the season, after what will have been 9 days since having joining said brand new team.

But only 232 on the yards??  So, what; you only have him pegged for a quarter, quarter and a half of football then??

If you're having him catch 7 balls, but only have him amassing a total of 232 yards...that's not even 35 yards a catch. Heck, that's not even a 34 yards a catch.

We're sittin' here, and we're speculating on Josh friggin' Gordon, and we in here talkin' bout 232 total yards? I mean, listen, we talking about total yards; not air yards, not air yards...we talkin' bout 232 total yards.

I understand wanting to go the conservative route on the expectations for Gordon in his first game with the new ball club, but c'mon. 

So that 232 figure?...Yeah, sure; maybe if he only had like 3 receptions or something like that, I could see it.

The 2 TD's however, that sounds about right.  

I was estimating their 1st possession 

Just now, whadeeb said:

I was estimating their 1st possession 

Shiiiiit, well then that's all you had to say.

Cause I do believe Seattle has a tendency to get flagged for offensive holding a touch more than your average NFL squad. Toss in a personal foul or two on that first drive and there you have it: 232 for J-Gord on his offensive possession; very doable.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, whadeeb said:

I've got him pegged at 2/186/3 

• Like 1

Just now, pikerbkb said:

I'll go with 2/1/1

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

I'll go with 2/1/1

Attempts/completions/touchdowns

Josh Gordon earnings since 2012 (8 seasons). $5,628,753

Donte Moncrief earnings in 2019. $5,000,000

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Josh Gordon earnings since 2012 (8 seasons). $5,628,753

Donte Moncrief earnings in 2019. $5,000,000

Some people genuinely think he doesn't have the "fire" to put effort into becoming a good WR anymore. It's like they forgot he still has yet to get even a WR2 level payday.

3 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

I think we're missing the most likely outcome here. Pete Carroll, giddy about his new weapon,  will channel his inner Tecmo Bowl and take whatever running back on his roster he cares about the least, give him a handoff and have him purposely run backwards and get tackled at the 1 yard line. The next play Russell Wilson will run around in circles in his own endzone until Gordon reaches the other endzone and then unleash a bomb. Because of Gordon's out of this world skillset, it's a guaranteed 99 yard TD.

6/594/6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Seahawks have the 5th easiest strength of schedule for WR's the rest of the way but the 28th for RB's.

Could be an adjustment coming as far as how much Russell will throw the ball.

They will still have to establish the run but may need to air it out a little more which is great for Gordon. 

23 hours ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

I think he'll be similar to what D.K. Metcalf is now. A startable boom-bust WR3 in standard league (a little worse in ppr) with low volume but a chance to make some splash plays. Of course with WR being so deep a position in fantasy, that's basically bye week starts a little above being on the waiver wire level quality, which is why Gordon was worth picking up if you had someone to drop like a backup QB or TE, but not worth picking up if you had to drop a safer WR3 or RB3 type. I think he'd be o.k. to start in week 12 because its the Eagles (a bad secondary) and its a bye week. But a spot start for a bye week WR3 probably won't quite live up to the wishes of most Gordon owners. 

All of this

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

1-20-0 rinse repeat for 10 weeks.

How many weeks do you think are left in the season?

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

My goodness is he gonna go wild in this offense.

Maybe, maybe not. I think him and DK will trade weeks on going off. Lockett will get his regardless 

Not a Gordon owner any more, but man....it was really frustrating to see how much NE tried to get Sanu involved.  13 targets?!?!?!  Makes me think they genuinely didn't like Gordon for some reason.  

9 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Not a Gordon owner any more, but man....it was really frustrating to see how much NE tried to get Sanu involved.  13 targets?!?!?!  Makes me think they genuinely didn't like Gordon for some reason.  

Gordon is not quick and also takes more time to get up to speed. This isn’t even being washed up it was also fairly true during his monster season. 

Patriots line sucks and Brady can’t throw deep. Not hard to see the disconnect.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Gordon is not quick and also takes more time to get up to speed. This isn’t even being washed up it was also fairly true during his monster season. 

Patriots line sucks and Brady can’t throw deep. Not hard to see the disconnect.

You're saying Gordon cant run a 5yd slant? Or a 5yd out?  That's almost exclusively what I saw them dial up for Sanu.

Anybody else think Gordon will be used in kind of a hybrid flex TE/WR role?

With Dissily being out of the year and not really having anybody to fill that role (not buying Hollister) I think they could use Gordons big body for that spot.

7 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

You're saying Gordon cant run a 5yd slant? Or a 5yd out?  That's almost exclusively what I saw them dial up for Sanu.

He can and he has even housed them in the past. However, it was never the elite part of his game and NE never used him as such. We will see on SEA though. If he can’t produce obviously he is done.