DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Who cares? I am starting him because I will not be able to live with myself if I do not start him and he goes off. 

Narrators voice: He says for the 50th time but he indeed did not go off. For he never goes off.

"I wish I knew how to quit you."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/5/2019 at 11:32 AM, JJ1223 said:

Anyone have the stones to fire him up against SF?

Well it’s the heaviest bye week of the season, six teams on a bye, most of whom are fantasy relevant teams, so I’d imagine quite a few owners are going to be forced into starting JG this week. I know I am.

It sucks that it’s a Monday game, and there’s still some uncertainty surrounding his injury, I’d definitely recommend rostering one of the 49ers WRs as insurance if you can spare the bench room, but this is the week where most of us are going to have to make some questionable lineup decisions in any event.

I’m going to burn down every marijuana joint in Seattle so Gordon can have no temptations.

#WhateverItTakes

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I’m going to burn down every marijuana joint in Seattle so Gordon can have no temptations.

#WhateverItTakes

Wouldnt it be easier to convince the NFL to allow weed? I feel like if you burned one down, 2 more would pop up

Since 2013, Flash has had exactly 1 game (Week 9 2018 vs. Packers) of more than 20 0.5ppr points. He put up a 5-130-1 game. It was a very good game. But to put this in perspective, since Week 9 of 2018, Flash has put up 92.2 0.5ppt points, whereas Cole Beasley has put up 126.6 0.5ppr points.

Flash and Beasley are not just peers. Beasley is a significantly better fantasy producer. We just don't see it that way because of the Gordon mystique.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He predictably went to a team that doesn't need/can't use him. 

Dude needs to end the musical chairs act and stay on an actual team from OTAs through opening week - and maybe even a whole season - before anyone can say what he's even really capable of doing.

The Seahawks will highly likely not be that environment going into next year.

5 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

7244rlszc6w31.png

This would also make for a nice Wiz Khalifa album cover as well. Think about it. lol.

Josh Gordon is funny.

Seahawks being jerks about whether he will play or not leaving me with few MNF FA options  if he does not go. Might have to pick up a Sunday player or hope I am winning before Monday.

Edited by altmin

On 11/8/2019 at 9:42 PM, pikerbkb said:

7244rlszc6w31.png

It actually began 8 years ago, but who's keeping track anyways.

Going back to his start ability today... I think you’d have to be pretty desperate to. I have him currently on the bench until I see what he does this weekend. Although an injury to Metcalf or Lockett could catapult him into WR2 territory 

Rotoworld has a Chubb for this guy in all their blurbs. 2-27-0 and he is a must own. Meanwhile they have obvious biases against specific other players.

I wish I could play against him every week. Waiver wire fodder unless you're in a 14 team league or more. Good luck guessing which weeks he will be productive.

Edited by WayneFontes

2 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Rotoworld has a Chubb for this guy in all their blurbs. 2-27-0 and he is a must own. I wish I could play against him every week. Waiver wire fodder unless you're in a 14 team league or more. Good luck guessing which weeks he will be productive.

Maybe. Depends how hurt Lockett is. Obviously Gordon will get more usage going forward. 

• Like 3

You guys do realize he’s been on the team for a week and they played the niners?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nobody would talk about Gordon and his pedestrian statline. Then Lockett goes down with a potentially long-term serious injury. It seems like The Tale of Josh Gordon will never end...

• Haha 1

Josh Gordon is a drug I've been hooked on since 2013. As long as I can get my hands on Josh Gordon I'll continue to chase that dragon. 

• Haha 1

With respect to Tyler Lockett, it's Josh Gordon SZN fellas. Hopefully Lockett's injury is not too severe though. 

RW seems giddy over Lockett's injury and impressed by that gaudy 2/27/0 line for Gordon. Won't matter. 4/56/0 for "Flash in the pan" this weekend.

Josh Gordon played 28-of-74 offensive snaps in Seattle's Week 10 win over the 49ers.

He was in on 38 percent of the team's offensive plays, totaling 2/27 with two pivotal third-down catches in a limited showing. With Tyler Lockett (leg) being taken to the hospital and reportedly dealing with a "severe" contusion, Gordon could be in line for more work in a terrific matchup against Philadelphia's secondary out of Seattle's Week 11 bye. 'Flash' should be rostered wherever he's available.

Edited by WayneFontes