DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I said never again.  But I guess now with Lockett injury, does that make him viable?

With all respect to TBGOAT, Russell's passes to him looked crisper and with more zing.  I was impressed with his two catches.  The first one was a dart, thrown low, and JG snagged it like it was his next meal without missing a step.

Dare we say he might have some ROS value (of course pending Lockett's health)?  Or is that no name guy who got some PT going to be a thorn in his outlook?

 

Edited by CooL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must start against Philly after the bye if Lockett misses extended time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Must start against Philly after the bye if Lockett misses extended time.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the bizarre things that have happened in the NFL this year, seeing Russell Wilson complete two critical 3rd down passes to Josh Freaking Gordon 11 days after Seattle claimed him has to be in the top-5 strangest.

Gordon beat his defender and kept critical drives alive.  And Seattle won.  Hard to believe.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Of all the bizarre things that have happened in the NFL this year, seeing Russell Wilson complete two critical 3rd down passes to Josh Freaking Gordon 11 days after Seattle claimed him has to be in the top-5 strangest.

Gordon beat his defender and kept critical drives alive.  And Seattle won.  Hard to believe.

Yeah that is a hell of a way to gain the trust of your MVP level QB. Now another couple weeks they can work together and dial it all in.

This is some gonna be some kinda ride ROS!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Of all the bizarre things that have happened in the NFL this year, seeing Russell Wilson complete two critical 3rd down passes to Josh Freaking Gordon 11 days after Seattle claimed him has to be in the top-5 strangest.

Gordon beat his defender and kept critical drives alive.  And Seattle won.  Hard to believe.

You had a touch of Suzyn Waldman with that comment.

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

You had a touch of Suzyn Waldman with that comment.

 

 

nuttin' like the soothing stylings of Scoth n' Soda Suzy 🥃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilson is going to feed Gordon with Lockett out.

 

WR1 that will win leagues. He's back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for just when i thought i was out

No no no!  I want to be out.  I SAID I was out.  I said NEVER AGAIN.  I should never have turned on the tv.  Watching Gordon smooth as silk catching those two darts when I thought they were uncatchable as they left Russell's hand was eye opening.  Where was this dude in New England when I had him in my lineups every week because of FOMO?  I dropped his butt because I just couldn't stand the angst and hand wringing.  Now it looks like I'm going to have to use some precious FAAB to reaquire?  Say it ain't so!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Wilson is going to feed Gordon with Lockett out.

 

WR1 that will win leagues. He's back.

ALLLLLL ABOARD.....FLASH TRACK EXPRESS leaving the station shortly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Flash instantly getting 3rd down looks on slants has me beyond infuriated as a Pats fan. McDaniels was so painfully stubborn with him, BUT GUNNER CAN RETURN PUNTS AMIRITE?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing is happening ..... until maybe after the bye week , IF we find out Lockett will indeed miss time. This is a failed mission all over again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CooL said:

Image result for just when i thought i was out

No no no!  I want to be out.  I SAID I was out.  I said NEVER AGAIN.  I should never have turned on the tv.  Watching Gordon smooth as silk catching those two darts when I thought they were uncatchable as they left Russell's hand was eye opening.  Where was this dude in New England when I had him in my lineups every week because of FOMO?  I dropped his butt because I just couldn't stand the angst and hand wringing.  Now it looks like I'm going to have to use some precious FAAB to reaquire?  Say it ain't so!

 

He was always there, Brady wouldn't or couldn't throw the ball to him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gordon was out there for 28 snaps. (37.8%)

 

Good start and caught 2, 3rd down passes. Against that crazy 9ers D I thought it was a good first showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've stated that down the stretch I believe Gordon will have a bigger role than DK because while I believe DK will develop into an elite player and arguably the steal of the draft he is still extremely raw. I think we all saw that yesterday with DK not being able to make some tough catches in crucial positions that he should have. Meanwhile, Gordon made two huge plays. 

Simply put, when you want to throw a contested catch to a big target Gordon will be the better play. While DK has made some incredible catches he has been very inconsistent in his ability to make those catches. Wilson loves to throw the ball into those positions because he can place it deep well and gives his guy a chance to make the play. Gordon is the better option than DK in my opinion.

If Lockett is out Gordon has very good value. I don't think much was expected from him yesterday. It was a brutal defense with Gordon only having one week of practice time. Now he has two full weeks and then gets an absolute cupcake matchup against the Eagles. Without Lockett he really does have low end WR1 potential in that matchup. Overall, this was a very encouraging outing despite the stat line. Wilson went to him in some of the most crucial points of the game and it was on slants which Gordon has taken to the house multiple times already and NE for some reason refused to use him like that. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I rather roster Cole Beasley 

 

And I'd rather roster Nuk, but some of us are in leagues where the FA pool is a steaming pile of garbage and choice is not an option.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, altmin said:

 

And I'd rather roster Nuk, but some of us are in leagues where the FA pool is a steaming pile of garbage and choice is not an option.

 

Beasley over Gordon is dumb either way. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

NE for some reason refused to use him like that. 

 

McDaniels is incapable of scheming deep threats open in space or just too stubborn to change things up. Couldn't do it with Cooks and couldn't do it with Flash. Brady makes him look a lot better than he actually is as an OC.


Schotty might run a medieval offensive scheme but at least he isn't shy about letting Gordon do what's proven to work for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

You had a touch of Suzyn Waldman with that comment.

 

Well, I remember that Suzyn Waldman clip from hearing it on ESPN radio the day it happened.  They were mocking her because that audio makes her out to be a clown.  And if you extend it out past the clip you have posted, it actually gets worse.

My comment was not intended to be sycophantic.  I have frequently criticized Gordon in this thread and in previous threads, as I believe he has lost most of his explosiveness.

So go back and read my comment again, if you would please.  I never said Josh Gordon is going to light the world on fire; just that it was bizarre to see Josh Gordon catching critical passes from Russell Wilson on November 11, 2019, even though Gordon was a New England Patriot during October of 2019.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I've stated that down the stretch I believe Gordon will have a bigger role than DK because while I believe DK will develop into an elite player and arguably the steal of the draft he is still extremely raw. I think we all saw that yesterday with DK not being able to make some tough catches in crucial positions that he should have. Meanwhile, Gordon made two huge plays. 

Simply put, when you want to throw a contested catch to a big target Gordon will be the better play. While DK has made some incredible catches he has been very inconsistent in his ability to make those catches. Wilson loves to throw the ball into those positions because he can place it deep well and gives his guy a chance to make the play. Gordon is the better option than DK in my opinion.

If Lockett is out Gordon has very good value. I don't think much was expected from him yesterday. It was a brutal defense with Gordon only having one week of practice time. Now he has two full weeks and then gets an absolute cupcake matchup against the Eagles. Without Lockett he really does have low end WR1 potential in that matchup. Overall, this was a very encouraging outing despite the stat line. Wilson went to him in some of the most crucial points of the game and it was on slants which Gordon has taken to the house multiple times already and NE for some reason refused to use him like that. 

Assuming Lockett is healthy, what’s the pecking order here with Gordon in the mix? What about the emergence of Hollister aka Dissly 2.0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I've stated that down the stretch I believe Gordon will have a bigger role than DK because while I believe DK will develop into an elite player and arguably the steal of the draft he is still extremely raw. I think we all saw that yesterday with DK not being able to make some tough catches in crucial positions that he should have. Meanwhile, Gordon made two huge plays. 

Simply put, when you want to throw a contested catch to a big target Gordon will be the better play. While DK has made some incredible catches he has been very inconsistent in his ability to make those catches. Wilson loves to throw the ball into those positions because he can place it deep well and gives his guy a chance to make the play. Gordon is the better option than DK in my opinion.

If Lockett is out Gordon has very good value. I don't think much was expected from him yesterday. It was a brutal defense with Gordon only having one week of practice time. Now he has two full weeks and then gets an absolute cupcake matchup against the Eagles. Without Lockett he really does have low end WR1 potential in that matchup. Overall, this was a very encouraging outing despite the stat line. Wilson went to him in some of the most crucial points of the game and it was on slants which Gordon has taken to the house multiple times already and NE for some reason refused to use him like that. 

Not to rain on your parade but if you're referring to 2013 and slants he's taken to the house that was 6 years ago.. If you can find me a slant he's taken to the house after that year I'll take my medicine no doubt.

Edited by CroNY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.