treat88

Baez or Buehler - WHIR

Keep 8 forever .OBP with -1 pt per K, daily head to head league.  Standard pitching categories.

In this format Buehler scored 344, Baez 445 in 2018

SP is at a premium, Baez qualifies at every infield spot except C.  No shot to get either back if I throw em back.

I am 100% torn here as I love em both now and long term.

Who do you keep?

Any shot you'd keep either over Nola?

Buehler all day for me, I don't trust Baez to continue what he did last year.

Would not keep either guy over Nola, though Buehler would be closer to him than Baez for me.

Windy city and it's not even close! Hollywood is made of glass. 

• Sucks that its OBP and -1 for K's for Baez, but I would keep Baez.

I value bats over arms all day. Keep Baez and trade him if you aren’t comfy keeping him. 

Also, Nola >> Buehler.

Also, thanks for helping with mine!

Buehler for me. His stuff is already elite and there are no weaknesses.  He WAS kershaw for like 11 starts.  Baez on the other hand has one of the higest swing rate and the highest swing out of the zone rate.  That suggests a much lower average,even lower once babip is less favorable. He profiles as a .265 median type. He was also like 4 for 12 or sometbing atrocious like that on the bases, post all star.  That second half is prettt rougned odor like.  His ceiling is the hitting equivalent to what buhler is. Thanks for help with mine. Best of luck.

Edited by Cesare13

13 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Buehler for me. His stuff is already elite and there are no weaknesses.  He WAS kershaw for like 11 starts.  Baez on the other hand has one of the higest swing rate and the highest swing out of the zone rate.  That suggests a much lower average,even lower once babip is less favorable. He profiles as a .265 median type. He was also like 4 for 12 or sometbing atrocious like that on the bases, post all star.  That second half is prettt rougned odor like.  His ceiling is the hitting equivalent to what buhler is. Thanks for help with mine. Best of luck.

Ooops...I forgot 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/741168-pick-3-of-theses-keepers-whir/

Because its a DAILY H2H league, I would keep Baez.  His position flexibility will play huge in that format, allowing substitutions all over the place for days off, etc.  Buehler is great, but if it has to be one, Ill take Baez.  No way I put back Nola either.  He is easily a top 10 SP right now, Buehler not there yet.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/741289-j-mcneil-or-b-lowe-dynasty-points-whir/

• Like 1

Who are your other keepers currently, and are you able to trade keepers at this point?  If you can identify a team that is "keeper poor",  you may want to consider trading two of your current players for a definitive upgrade.  

Otherwise, given the choice, I would hold onto Baez due to his ability to contribute statistically and positionally on a more regular basis.  If the pitcher market is truly a premium, trading is allowed prior to designating keeps, then I would assume you could demand quite the kings ransom for Buehler alone in terms of draft pick value! 

GL

44 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I LOVE Buehler, but I think you keep Baez here.

Any ability to trade one?

This

Team is loaded.  Other keepers are:

Trout

Betts

Acuna

Soto

Turner

Bregman

Nola

Other than Baez, Soto is my only other real option to drop in Buehlers stead.  Can't see letting Turner go.  As an OF in a daily, and with other keepers at that spot, I can make an argument to drop Soto to keep Buehler.  Pitching is scarce and I can see it the arguments, but the OBP and - pt per K are working against Baez, and having Sotos bat in the UTIL spot is pretty attractive.

Could try to work a deal for a 1st round pick for Baez or Buehler.  Tough league to trade in, but I dont have a legit 2:1 deal to upgrade my keepers that I can find.

Got Vlad Jr on the way up too.  Just an embarrassment of dynasty league riches in this one.

Thank you for all the replies so far.

Edited by treat88