cdd10

Slap in the face for Vlad? WHIR

Feel like someone is trying to fleece me for Vlad.

12 Team Dynasty Points League

His Team

C - Sal Perez, Zach Collins, William Contreras

1B - Freeman, Peter Alonso, Ryan McMahon

2B - Albies, Cesar Hernandez, Nick Madrigal, Kolten Wong, Garrett Hampson

SS - Adalberto Mondesi, Jorge Polanco, Jurickson Profar, Fernando Tatis Jr., Gavin Lux

3B - Eugenio Suarez, Jeimer Candelario

OF - Michael Brantley, Mike Trout, Mitch Haniger, Odubel Herrera, Lewis Brinson, Jo Adell, Heliot Ramos, Khristian Robinson

SP - Jacob DeGrom, Corey Kluber, Luis Castillo, Jakob Junis, Michael Fulmer, Brusdal Graterol, Andrew Heaney, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Taylor Widener

RP - Doolittle, Jansen, McHugh, Dakota Hudson

My Team

C - Danny Jansen

1B - Joey Votto, Ryan O'Hearn

2B - Rougned Odor, Daniel Murphy, Jonathan Schoop, Vidal Brujan, Brandon Lowe

SS - Trea Turner, Andres Gimenez, Isaac Paredes

3B - Anthony Rendon, Vlad Jr., Ke'Bryan Hayes, Colton Welker

OF - Andrew Benintendi, Adam Eaton, Starling Marte, Christin Stewart, Cedric Mullins, Daz Cameron, Trevor Larnach, Cristian Pache, George Valera

SP - Walker Buehler, Marcus Stroman, Jameson Taillon, Zack Wheeler, Rich Hill, Josh James, Kenta Maeda, Steven Matz, Charlie Morton, Joe Musgrove, Chris Paddack, Alex Wood, Sean Manaea, Dane Dunning

The Offer

I give: Vlad Jr., Danny Jansen, Josh James

I get: Sal Perez, Michael Brantley, Eugenio Suarez, Peter Alonso, Gavin Lux 

I feel like maybe he should give me both Tatis Jr. and Adell.  Or  am I asking for too much? lol

Ewwww vlad is probably better than Suarez this year.  Jansen could be better than sal this year and James is certainly no “throw in.” I simly fail to  see the benefit to you in any way. It’s not a win now trade and it’s not a win later trade.  Adell and Tatis is not absurd for vlad ,but I’d still rather have “the greatest prospect anyone’s ever seen.”

4 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Ewwww vlad is probably better than Suarez this year.  Jansen could be better than sal this year and James is certainly no “throw in.” I simly fail to  see the benefit to you in any way. It’s not a win now trade and it’s not a win later trade.  Adell and Tatis is not absurd for vlad ,but I’d still rather have “the greatest prospect anyone’s ever seen.”

Yes, only player I would straight up 1 for 1 would be Trout, trying to get him to see the light though lol

Its not a great offer for Vlad, honestly probably not even a good one.  But I think the "value" of Vlad differs like many players whether you own him or not.  I mean if you are the guy dealing for him he is giving you a 3B in his prime who went .280 30 100 - only other pure 3B with those 3 last year was Arenado in exchange for a guy yet to play in the bigs?   

• Thanks 1

Any trade offer that  gives extra players to you is inherently a bad trade.    With out even knowing the players involved   . You end up with 1 or 2 players that are a slight upgrade to what you have .  Then 2 or 3 that you need to decide if you even want to keep .  Not to mention the loss of the main focus of the trade that is never given anyone near equal value .l

• Thanks 1

No chance I ever consider a move like that for Vlad in a Dynasty league.

Vlad will be a 1st round talent for the next 10-12 years at least.

For a bunch of spare parts, no thanks.

• Like 1

Yeah this isn't enough. For comparison I offered Kris Bryant and Votto for Vlad Jr and Leclerc and got a quick, "probably not". I'm gonna continue to lean on the owner and hope to get him with another throwin on my side like Tucker OF HOU. 

I'm in a unique dynasty position though as the team is already very young, deep, and productive.

• Like 1

Stick with Vladdy & Danny Jansen, move James for his Sal Perez.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:54 PM, cdd10 said:

Yes, only player I would straight up 1 for 1 would be Trout, trying to get him to see the light though lol

You wouldn't trade him for Betts or JoRam or Acuna? I find this hard to believe...

8 hours ago, buccsfan22 said:

You wouldn't trade him for Betts or JoRam or Acuna? I find this hard to believe...

Yes, on this guys team I meant. I would for Acuna for sure as I favor Acuna more.