Cesare13

Jose Peraza 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, DWright5 said:

He's hitting .333 in the last week and actually batted leadoff last night.  So just maybe he's waking up.  I picked him up last night, so fingers crossed.

He needs to show his worth now - next few weeks are critical with Senzel and Scooter on the mend.....make or break time!  

Posted (edited)

Hitting lead off again. Will be very valuable if he stays in that spot. Has been hitting the ball hard over the past week. If he's on your wire I would get him now. 

Edited by Bit711
  • Like 1

I dropped him earlier in the year but just snagged him off waivers with him hitting leadoff.  If he can stick in the leadoff spot, he could potentially be a top 50 player.  Here's to hoping this is permanent!

2 minutes ago, BustHerPosey said:

I dropped him earlier in the year but just snagged him off waivers with him hitting leadoff.  If he can stick in the leadoff spot, he could potentially be a top 50 player.  Here's to hoping this is permanent!

Really? What gives you this idea that just because he gets moved to the top of the order he becomes a top 50 player? I am intrigued with the move and current production but he hasn't ever shown he can be consistent. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Really? What gives you this idea that just because he gets moved to the top of the order he becomes a top 50 player? I am intrigued with the move and current production but he hasn't ever shown he can be consistent. 

He was #29 last year on ESPN for standard leagues hitting in the bottom 3rd of the order?.. So why couldn't he repeat it or exceed it with a move from the bottom of the lineup to the top?

Edited by BustHerPosey

4 hours ago, Mongeese said:

Looks like Senzel still slated for CF.

I read Senzel isn't doing well ad an outfielder.  As a Peraza owner I am a bit concerned. Especially when Gennett returns.

19 hours ago, B&F said:

I read Senzel isn't doing well ad an outfielder.  As a Peraza owner I am a bit concerned. Especially when Gennett returns.

Correction.  Another writer said he will play CF.  Not sure who to believe.

12 runs and zeroes across the board for Peraza.  Considering a rage drop.  

Last year might have been a career year.  Should have known better.

It doesn’t look good for his rest of season value. Dietrich and Iglesias are both starting over him regularly. Peraza’s early season struggles have opened the door for his replacement. His hitting has improved in the last two weeks but he isn’t getting enough playing time. It would have to be a deep league to keep him on your roster for the potential steals. 

28 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

It doesn’t look good for his rest of season value. Dietrich and Iglesias are both starting over him regularly. Peraza’s early season struggles have opened the door for his replacement. His hitting has improved in the last two weeks but he isn’t getting enough playing time. It would have to be a deep league to keep him on your roster for the potential steals. 

Agreed, iglesias is a vacuum defensively as well and is raking, Gannett coming back only makes it worse

• Like 1

I am in a deep league and considering cutting him.  

He could be in a short side platoon.  I think I saw him in LF last week.

Pinch runner as well.  In a deep league he MIGHT have value.

I know it's been a really rough start to the season, but over his last 20 ABs, he has 3 BB and 0k. super small sample size but maybe he is starting to figure it out. That's 1/2 of his seasons walk total over his last 20 ABs. 

I was watching the Red telecast last night (Maybe it was Wednesday night) and the announcers mentioned an interview with David Bell and how he said that Peraza was a big part of their team going forward. Now that may be typical manager nonsense but its not like hes the only Red struggling right now.

The Reds pitching has actually been really good, if they had any offense theyd be at or near the top of that division.

Yeah if he could just maintain enough playing time he could be a sizable value in the future here.  I believe he's already come out of his funk and his BABIP has a lot of room to progress to his career mean.  

Starting to turn it around in his limited appearances

Really bad luck for us Peraza owners.  The combination of an unlikely horrible start and Iglesias having a career year took him out of the lineup.

In deep leagues I think he still would have value if he would start running.  He starts about three times a week and pinch hits every night.  

With Scooter Gennett 3-4 weeks away from returning is there any hope here?  I don't really see a home for him.

Not much reason to own with Scooter coming back, even before them really. 

Iglesias and Dietrich both having career years and the Reds “trying” their hardest to compete

His likely only path to fantasy relevance is an injury to Iglesias.  He is a stash.