Ecofolux

Giancarlo Stanton 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

This is getting so stupid. 

 

 

 

What is stupid is that you can't strain a ligament.  You can sprain one.  The timetable shouldn't change.  Not sure why a guy doing sports reporting doesn't know the basics of that.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's even more stupid, is the wording of that tweet. Its totally ambiguous. 

 It’s a *sprain* NOT a *strain* in the PCL. That’s more of a 2-4 week timetable. 

So which one is the guy referring to when he say's "that's"? A sprain or a strain? How about a bit of clarity or a little context. Some really  lazy writing there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the antecedent of “that” is “sprain,” however inartfully tweeted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, steve9347 said:

In today's landscape guy could easily belt 30+ from here on out.

 

True, but hard to do when you are sitting on a couch playing PS4

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cs3 said:

What's even more stupid, is the wording of that tweet. Its totally ambiguous. 

 It’s a *sprain* NOT a *strain* in the PCL. That’s more of a 2-4 week timetable. 

So which one is the guy referring to when he say's "that's"? A sprain or a strain? How about a bit of clarity or a little context. Some really  lazy writing there.

It’s a completely useless tweet.  Ligament injuries are only classified as “sprains,”  “strains” only refer to muscles.  So his “clarification” tweet only clarified his ignorance.  I’m sure the medical knew the difference when they initially diagnosed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

I don't see his 30's going too well. Sell Sell Sell. 

That's assuming he makes it to his 30s.  Sad really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Cashman said that Giancarlo Stanton is unlikely to return in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where’s he go in drafts next year?  I imagine he’s going to be somewhat of a potential bargain.  Although he’s likely going to fall into my make him someone else’s problem category.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Brian Cashman said that Giancarlo Stanton is unlikely to return in July.

Also Rotoworld Guy adding to the "color" of the situation:

Quote

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told reporters on Thursday that it's unlikely that Giancarlo Stanton will be back in July.

Did this ever escalate quickly. Stanton was diagnosed with a PCL sprain in his right knee on Wednesday, and he went from day-to-day to the current prognosis that has him not able to return until after the trade deadline. Because of his injuries, Stanton has only played in nine games for New York this season. A brutal loss for the Yankees and fantasy owners.

Source: Bryan Hoch on Twitter                      Jun 27, 2019, 12:24 PM ET

Also who didn't see this coming for Mr Glass. 

Yes he had a couple of token "healthy" seasons amid the endless injury-filled seasons but those "healthy" ones were mere anomalies.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Although he’s likely going to fall into my make him someone else’s problem category.  

 

I'm leaning that way as well. But he's also the type of player that if he's healthy next season and hits 50 bombs then the guy who took the risk at a bargain will probably win the league. The real dilemma with this guy next season will be what to do in keeper leagues. Is he still a potential top 60 player or 100 player? His outlook for 2020 will be an interesting read for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said, if you had Stanton at 1 HR this year, you win $1 M.

Him coming back this year at all is 50/50.

Dude needs to adjust his work out regimen. I saw some of his IG workout media, it's nuts. No need for a baseball player to get overjacked like that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Like I said, if you had Stanton at 1 HR this year, you win $1 M.

Him coming back this year at all is 50/50.

Dude needs to adjust his work out regimen. I saw some of his IG workout media, it's nuts. No need for a baseball player to get overjacked like that.

The overjacked guys seem to be very prone to injuries.  Cespedes, Yandy, Stanton, Nelson Cruz has had a run of health lately but battled a lot in his career also.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

The overjacked guys seem to be very prone to injuries.  Cespedes, Yandy, Stanton, Nelson Cruz has had a run of health lately but battled a lot in his career also.  

 

Exactly. Some dudes didn't like it when I mentioned it when he got hurt again. 

Hopefully someone in the Yankee org will knock some sense into him. For a baseball player, flexibility is more important than looking like Mr. Universe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Where’s he go in drafts next year?  I imagine he’s going to be somewhat of a potential bargain.  Although he’s likely going to fall into my make him someone else’s problem category.  

 

One owner will believe he will stay healthy and draft him in the first five rounds.  In my league it won't be me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, B&F said:

 

One owner will believe he will stay healthy and draft him in the first five rounds.  In my league it won't be me.

I mean are his stats even tough to find anymore?  One trick power pony, with no SBs and potential for mediocre average, isn’t really tough to find.  Guys are jacking at crazy rates.  I bet once ADP comes out next year we can find 5-10 guys who have high odds of having same production as him, at 30+ picks later.  Just not someone to reach for anymore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, B&F said:

 

One owner will believe he will stay healthy and draft him in the first five rounds.  In my league it won't be me.

 

you are correct on this. the moron sports writers will makes articles about how he is a good deal. there are some players I just stay away from. it sometimes proves to be a bad choice every once in while but more times than not it was a good choice.

Edited by mlb2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

I mean are his stats even tough to find anymore?  One trick power pony, with no SBs and potential for mediocre average, isn’t really tough to find.  Guys are jacking at crazy rates.  I bet once ADP comes out next year we can find 5-10 guys who have high odds of having same production as him, at 30+ picks later.  Just not someone to reach for anymore.  

 

How many guys have real 50 homer potential? Even at these homerun rates there are only a handful of guys who can get that projection and he's one of them. When you're picking a Stanton as high as he's gone in the past, including this season, you're partially paying for the potential that he can hit 50 homers. If he does then you've got homers and RBI's pretty much covered. I just don't think people will take that risk next season because of the injury risk. I know it seems like I'm calling both sides of the coin here but I guess my point here is that people will pass on him because of the injury risk, not because they feel like they can get his potential production later in the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.