Ecofolux

Giancarlo Stanton 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

This is getting so stupid. 

What is stupid is that you can't strain a ligament.  You can sprain one.  The timetable shouldn't change.  Not sure why a guy doing sports reporting doesn't know the basics of that.

• Like 1

What's even more stupid, is the wording of that tweet. Its totally ambiguous. 

It’s a *sprain* NOT a *strain* in the PCL. That’s more of a 2-4 week timetable. 

So which one is the guy referring to when he say's "that's"? A sprain or a strain? How about a bit of clarity or a little context. Some really  lazy writing there.

I think the antecedent of “that” is “sprain,” however inartfully tweeted.

18 hours ago, steve9347 said:

In today's landscape guy could easily belt 30+ from here on out.

True, but hard to do when you are sitting on a couch playing PS4

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cs3 said:

What's even more stupid, is the wording of that tweet. Its totally ambiguous. 

It’s a *sprain* NOT a *strain* in the PCL. That’s more of a 2-4 week timetable. 

So which one is the guy referring to when he say's "that's"? A sprain or a strain? How about a bit of clarity or a little context. Some really  lazy writing there.

It’s a completely useless tweet.  Ligament injuries are only classified as “sprains,”  “strains” only refer to muscles.  So his “clarification” tweet only clarified his ignorance.  I’m sure the medical knew the difference when they initially diagnosed it.

9 hours ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

I don't see his 30's going too well. Sell Sell Sell. 

That's assuming he makes it to his 30s.  Sad really.

Brian Cashman said that Giancarlo Stanton is unlikely to return in July.

Where’s he go in drafts next year?  I imagine he’s going to be somewhat of a potential bargain.  Although he’s likely going to fall into my make him someone else’s problem category.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Brian Cashman said that Giancarlo Stanton is unlikely to return in July.

Also Rotoworld Guy adding to the "color" of the situation:

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told reporters on Thursday that it's unlikely that Giancarlo Stanton will be back in July.

Did this ever escalate quickly. Stanton was diagnosed with a PCL sprain in his right knee on Wednesday, and he went from day-to-day to the current prognosis that has him not able to return until after the trade deadline. Because of his injuries, Stanton has only played in nine games for New York this season. A brutal loss for the Yankees and fantasy owners.

Source: Bryan Hoch on Twitter                      Jun 27, 2019, 12:24 PM ET

Also who didn't see this coming for Mr Glass. 

Yes he had a couple of token "healthy" seasons amid the endless injury-filled seasons but those "healthy" ones were mere anomalies.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

32 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Although he’s likely going to fall into my make him someone else’s problem category.  

I'm leaning that way as well. But he's also the type of player that if he's healthy next season and hits 50 bombs then the guy who took the risk at a bargain will probably win the league. The real dilemma with this guy next season will be what to do in keeper leagues. Is he still a potential top 60 player or 100 player? His outlook for 2020 will be an interesting read for sure. 

Like I said, if you had Stanton at 1 HR this year, you win $1 M.

Him coming back this year at all is 50/50.

Dude needs to adjust his work out regimen. I saw some of his IG workout media, it's nuts. No need for a baseball player to get overjacked like that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Like I said, if you had Stanton at 1 HR this year, you win $1 M.

Him coming back this year at all is 50/50.

Dude needs to adjust his work out regimen. I saw some of his IG workout media, it's nuts. No need for a baseball player to get overjacked like that.

The overjacked guys seem to be very prone to injuries.  Cespedes, Yandy, Stanton, Nelson Cruz has had a run of health lately but battled a lot in his career also.  

12 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

The overjacked guys seem to be very prone to injuries.  Cespedes, Yandy, Stanton, Nelson Cruz has had a run of health lately but battled a lot in his career also.  

Exactly. Some dudes didn't like it when I mentioned it when he got hurt again. 

Hopefully someone in the Yankee org will knock some sense into him. For a baseball player, flexibility is more important than looking like Mr. Universe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Where’s he go in drafts next year?  I imagine he’s going to be somewhat of a potential bargain.  Although he’s likely going to fall into my make him someone else’s problem category.  

One owner will believe he will stay healthy and draft him in the first five rounds.  In my league it won't be me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, B&F said:

One owner will believe he will stay healthy and draft him in the first five rounds.  In my league it won't be me.

I mean are his stats even tough to find anymore?  One trick power pony, with no SBs and potential for mediocre average, isn’t really tough to find.  Guys are jacking at crazy rates.  I bet once ADP comes out next year we can find 5-10 guys who have high odds of having same production as him, at 30+ picks later.  Just not someone to reach for anymore.  

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, B&F said:

you are correct on this. the moron sports writers will makes articles about how he is a good deal. there are some players I just stay away from. it sometimes proves to be a bad choice every once in while but more times than not it was a good choice.

Edited by mlb2019

2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

I mean are his stats even tough to find anymore?  One trick power pony, with no SBs and potential for mediocre average, isn’t really tough to find.  Guys are jacking at crazy rates.  I bet once ADP comes out next year we can find 5-10 guys who have high odds of having same production as him, at 30+ picks later.  Just not someone to reach for anymore.  

How many guys have real 50 homer potential? Even at these homerun rates there are only a handful of guys who can get that projection and he's one of them. When you're picking a Stanton as high as he's gone in the past, including this season, you're partially paying for the potential that he can hit 50 homers. If he does then you've got homers and RBI's pretty much covered. I just don't think people will take that risk next season because of the injury risk. I know it seems like I'm calling both sides of the coin here but I guess my point here is that people will pass on him because of the injury risk, not because they feel like they can get his potential production later in the draft.