Ecofolux

Giancarlo Stanton 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Like I said, if you had Stanton at 1 HR this year, you win $1 M.

Him coming back this year at all is 50/50.

Dude needs to adjust his work out regimen. I saw some of his IG workout media, it's nuts. No need for a baseball player to get overjacked like that.

50/50 to return this year?!  That seems incredibly pessimistic.  I’ll take those odds, personally.

22 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

I'm leaning that way as well. But he's also the type of player that if he's healthy next season and hits 50 bombs then the guy who took the risk at a bargain will probably win the league. The real dilemma with this guy next season will be what to do in keeper leagues. Is he still a potential top 60 player or 100 player? His outlook for 2020 will be an interesting read for sure. 

1.  He won't be healthy which,

2. Means he won't hit 50 bombs.  So ...

3. I'll take a 30-40 homer guy in this juiced league who can stay healthy and hit for higher average over Mr Glass any day.  Just power alone makes him a one tool guy and the juiced ball diminishes that as well.  Add in the endless injuries and I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

"Aaron Boone told reporters before Friday's game with the Blue Jays that Giancarlo Stanton (knee) "isn't close" to returning to baseball activities."

Good god has this guy been disappointing this year

Do not draft next year.  Tommy LaStella was pacing for 35+ before he got hurt.  It isn’t tough to find .260 guys with power.  Literally the easiest decision for 2020 drafts is to let this guy be someone else’s problem.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

"Aaron Boone told reporters before Friday's game with the Blue Jays that Giancarlo Stanton (knee) "isn't close" to returning to baseball activities."

Good god has this guy been disappointing this year

Yep. This guy is a total reach-around. 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

any reason to hold in a 12 teamer?

Depends on number of DL spots really. Personally, I’m not going to have him go off on someone else’s team in August.

Edited by smeeze
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GratefulPhan said:

any reason to hold in a 12 teamer?

Yes (assuming you have DL spots), the upside he has when he is on the field, especially in a 12 teamer where the replacement level off the wire isn't what exists in a 10 teamer.  Stanton is more valuable in a points league than a roto but he has value in any context. Hopefully he plays 4-6 weeks, not 4-6 days ROS.

Edited by Ace_King

Who?

On 7/16/2019 at 11:23 PM, Tugginroot said:

Is it even realistic to think he can return in August?

giphy.gif

On 7/16/2019 at 11:23 PM, Tugginroot said:

Is it even realistic to think he can return in August?

He is no where close to return to the team; according to Aaron Boone on "Mike's On"; thus, it's 50/50 whether he can return in August. Might just be a lost season for Stanton.

Per Aaron Boone:

"Stanton is still just in the rehab phase and trying to get quad-strengthening going on," the Yankees manager said. "But no baseball activities yet. It's kind of moved a little bit slow, although he feels like over the last probably 48-72 hours, he started to get some improvement and get some strength back in that quad.

"He's starting to move in the right direction, but still (the rehab is going) slow."

• Thanks 1

Might as well bring up next season.

What round?  My guess is 4-5.  Won't be me.  

A box of Quest bars along with 8 cans of tuna a day and some heavy power lifting (no stretching) should put him on track to play a week in September before he pulls something else again 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2019 at 7:47 PM, BMcP said:

50/50 to return this year?!  That seems incredibly pessimistic.  I’ll take those odds, personally.

Not really THAT pessimistic.

LVP this year.

---

Regarding his once superiority in power that doesn't really play today anymore, any chance MLB returns to a non-juiced ball next year. How are the attendance numbers?

Edited by papasmurf

13 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Not really THAT pessimistic.

LVP this year.

---

Regarding his once superiority in power that doesn't really play today anymore, any chance MLB returns to a non-juiced ball next year. How are the attendance numbers?

Team has said he’s likely back in August.  Considering the Yankees are making the playoffs (barring an epic collapse), I’d say it’s more likely than not that he plays another game this year.

11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Team has said he’s likely back in August.  Considering the Yankees are making the playoffs (barring an epic collapse), I’d say it’s more likely than not that he plays another game this year.

Hopefully he doesn't strain something while flexing in the mirror before then

• Haha 1

We still thinking he may return in August?  Yanks have no timetable, and some league playoffs start in 3 weeks.  Cutting bait may be an option.

• Confused 1