Ecofolux

Giancarlo Stanton 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Tough to find solid info, but do we think he returns this week?

Most updates are "hitting with intensity" last Wednesday, and that he may return this Tuesday...

Would be nice to know for weekly

As of yesterday he said he had only hit in the cage and wouldn't hit on the field until he feels 100%.

So I still think we're looking at another 7-10 days at a minimum. 

I rather have him come hack when hes ready. Usually doesnt work out when they rush back, especially we know how bad he can play when hes slumping. Creates mini tornadoes with them whiffs.

Yankees start a west coast trip tomorrow and don't get back until May 3rd. I think it's realistic to hope he's back by the start of that May 3rd homestand, although it's tough to know for sure with how little information we have. I'd be really surprise if he's back before then though.

Fantasy Impact:

There is still no official timetable for return and when asked if Stanton is at least 10 days from returning, GM Brian Cashman responded with "maybe." according to the article. Fantasy owners should keep an eye on updates.

Rehab stint needed they're saying.

"MAYBE" 🙄

Got a cortisone shot in shoulder now?  How do you sustain new injuries when on the shelf?

5 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Got a cortisone shot in shoulder now?  How do you sustain new injuries when on the shelf?

Think he got it when rehabbing the left bicep. Sometimes when you try compensating for an injury something else flares up much like what happened with Lindor. Probably some type of AC joint sprain. Cortizone shot is what's usually given for that so that's what i'm assuming. 

• Like 2

If he's missing two or three more weeks, it's pretty much a lost fantasy season if you drafted him in the top 3 rounds.

11 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

If he's missing two or three more weeks, it's pretty much a lost fantasy season if you drafted him in the top 3 rounds.

Titles are won in August and September not April and May.  He could go Kendrys Morales in August and carry teams when you need him most.  Never been a huge return on where taken guy.  He just has a low floor so you know when he plays you’ll usually always get good enough statistics.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Titles are won in August and September not April and May.  He could go Kendrys Morales in August and carry teams when you need him most.  Never been a huge return on where taken guy.  He just has a low floor so you know when he plays you’ll usually always get good enough statistics.  

Thanks, buddy.  Been doing this for 20 years, I appreciate your insight.  You also have to get to the playoffs, too.  All league dependant, and how long your season goes.

Edited by Tugginroot

18 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Is he getting close?

Supposed to be joining the team in Arizona next week. Possibly even take batting practice.

3 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Supposed to be joining the team in Arizona next week. Possibly even take batting practice.

Did something new come out? I read he had to get a cortisone shot in his shoulder. I was thinking that might hold him out longer.

Hoping he gets back and healthy. I just bought low on him and drafted him in a few. Would be nice to get 40 HRS back in our lineups.

7 hours ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Desperately waiting for him to get healthy to deploy my Betts/Stanton/Markakis/JoMart/Gordon/Franmil OF rotation. 

O/U 30 dingers ROS? 

Under. 

19 hours ago, buzzkilloton said:

Did something new come out? I read he had to get a cortisone shot in his shoulder. I was thinking that might hold him out longer.

Hoping he gets back and healthy. I just bought low on him and drafted him in a few. Would be nice to get 40 HRS back in our lineups.

The Yankees are hoping Stanton can be off the IL in about a week despite being shut down from baseball activities this past week because he was given a cortisone shot last Monday to address shoulder soreness that has been an off-and-on issue. Stanton is over his biceps injury and before his shot progressed in his rehab to the point where he was taking batting practice on the field. He’s been rehabbing near his Southern California home this weekend and will rejoin the Yankees on Tuesday in Phoenix with probable medical clearance to start hitting again.

Update from Boone: “Hopefully these next couple of days go well, then he can resume hitting with us in Arizona and then hopefully off we go.”

• Like 2

On 4/24/2019 at 8:25 PM, Tugginroot said:

The great thing about fantasy sports is you can lose your first round pick for a while and still do well if you drafted a good team. Your first round pick generally does not win you your league by themselves. It will not be a lost season if he's out for 6 weeks in the beginning of the season. That's a hasty generalization you're making there, especially for someone that has apparently been doing this for 20 years.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

The Yankees are hoping Stanton can be off the IL in about a week despite being shut down from baseball activities this past week because he was given a cortisone shot last Monday to address shoulder soreness that has been an off-and-on issue. Stanton is over his biceps injury and before his shot progressed in his rehab to the point where he was taking batting practice on the field. He’s been rehabbing near his Southern California home this weekend and will rejoin the Yankees on Tuesday in Phoenix with probable medical clearance to start hitting again.

Update from Boone: “Hopefully these next couple of days go well, then he can resume hitting with us in Arizona and then hopefully off we go.”

Sounds like he's rushing back to me. I'd prefer DL Stanton to .180 35% k Stanton with an occasional homer.

Latest update on my Yahoo tab is hopefully "Sometime in May"

Cool...