Ecofolux

Giancarlo Stanton 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Stanton was being real smug with the media. He clearly hates the NY media. 

yuck. that didn't look/sound very optimistic. as a yankee fan and stanton owner this video was a big let down. somethings not right here - its almost as if he knows he's not healing properly but he wants to test it out by swinging anyway. i have a bad feeling some kind of surgery is in the near future. i hope to god im wrong. 

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Giancarlo and Paxton in same training room must be taxing on a medical staff.  2 guys who routinely miss timetables by months, not days.  I don’t envy being the guys having to work on these dudes.

Edited by Cmilne23

On 4/24/2019 at 10:37 PM, Cmilne23 said:

Titles are won in August and September not April and May.  He could go Kendrys Morales in August and carry teams when you need him most.  Never been a huge return on where taken guy.  He just has a low floor so you know when he plays you’ll usually always get good enough statistics.  

In roto, they’re won throughout the season lol. 

• Like 2

Not looking great here... A month and still no eta. Reading btwn the lines he is not getting better.

• Sad 1

Well this is getting awkward. Is the concern he's got a major shoulder injury?

After having suffered through various biceps injuries (tendinitis, multiple strains) over the years, the worst thing you can do is try to aggressively "work through it."  You're going to just keep aggravating it OR you're going to compensate and injure an ancillary muscle.  

And it sounds like that's exactly what happened.  He replaced one 2-4 week recovery timeline for the biceps with probably another 2-4 week recovery timeline for the shoulder.  And if he keeps trying to force the issue he's going to hurt something else, too.

• Like 1

We should not be expecting him back for at least another two weeks. He's going to need a minor league/extended spring training rehab stint after being out this long. 

21 hours ago, Overlord said:

After having suffered through various biceps injuries (tendinitis, multiple strains) over the years, the worst thing you can do is try to aggressively "work through it."  You're going to just keep aggravating it OR you're going to compensate and injure an ancillary muscle.  

And it sounds like that's exactly what happened.  He replaced one 2-4 week recovery timeline for the biceps with probably another 2-4 week recovery timeline for the shoulder.  And if he keeps trying to force the issue he's going to hurt something else, too.

The hope is that the cortizone shot is working and will allow him to get through all the rehab stages at this point. 

I'd be interested to hear what people are doing with him. Selling low? Holding? He's a beast when healthy but have a feeling this could be and injury that bugs him all season.

1 hour ago, ktierne3 said:

I'd be interested to hear what people are doing with him. Selling low? Holding? He's a beast when healthy but have a feeling this could be and injury that bugs him all season.

He was my 1st round pick, not selling low

13 hours ago, ktierne3 said:

I'm holding for now (keep forever league), people on this message board are scaring the crap out of me now.

About the Video/Interview: I think he's just tired of answering the same questions all the time and is annoyed it's taken so long to get back. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself, who knows. I really hope he's still not seriously injured...I really need him in the 2nd half.

This board is very Anti-Stanton, keep that in mind.

11 minutes ago, JettNS said:

What kind of return could we even look for on him?

NOBODY here can answer this question...it all depends on how your individual leaguemates value him for the ROS

I own him in one league, and am contemplating making an offer for him in another.  The problem is he seems to be more hurt than we've been led to believe.  They said he might be back in a week a couple of weeks ago.  Now we still really don't know when he might return.  He has a bad injury history too.  I couldn't peg a value on him right now. 

23 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

NOBODY here can answer this question...it all depends on how your individual leaguemates value him for the ROS

Dudes pure Glass - he always seems “hurt” each year = 💃🏿... name value is all I see, power yes but history does not lie - #Hurt #always

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Dudes pure Glass - he always seems “hurt” each year = 💃🏿... name value is all I see, power yes but history does not lie - #Hurt #always

Not recent history, he missed a grand total of 7 games over the last 2 years

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Not recent history, he missed a grand total of 7 games over the last 2 years

He might have played all season last year but he was hurt the second half of the year which is why he became the full time DH and his numbers took a nose dive

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

He might have played all season last year but he was hurt the second half of the year which is why he became the full time DH and his numbers took a nose dive

Time to sell was last year...any smart GM wouldn’t touch him via trade unless there competing to win this year or next - me personally wouldn’t give up a top 75 h2h 5 category player (avg/bb/hr/r/rbi’s) 4 him now

• Like 1

*besides this meat potatoes big 50+ home run year - - he’s consistently struggled to pop 32+ Dongs on any given year since joining the league ✌🏽

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2019 at 10:52 AM, JettNS said:

What kind of return could we even look for on him?

[...] Realistically in a one-year league dunno how much you could get. He could be out for the rest of the year for all we know. What's scary is we don't know exactly what's wrong so can't really put a discount on that.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

59 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

[...] Realistically in a one-year league dunno how much you could get. He could be out for the rest of the year for all we know. What's scary is we don't know exactly what's wrong so can't really put a discount on that.

He had a strained biceps tendon and now he has a strained/sprained shoulder.  The recovery time for each of those injuries, historically, seems to average around 3-5 weeks.  

Is that not it?  

Strains and sprains have different severity.
It could be just a few weeks more (I hope) but I just don't like the tone of the feedback from NYY or him.

35 minutes ago, Overlord said:

He had a strained biceps tendon and now he has a strained/sprained shoulder.  The recovery time for each of those injuries, historically, seems to average around 3-5 weeks.  

Is that not it?  

Shoulders much worse 6-8 weeks grade II and that’s “if” everything goes smoothly...