Ecofolux

Giancarlo Stanton 2019 Outlook

51 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

D6jbO0MV4AALakq.png

WTF is this?  Who's being interviewed here?

If you have a Grade II sprain, your discomfort should lessen within two weeks, but it may take as long as six to eight weeks before you can return to your usual athletic activities. People with Grade III shoulder sprains often return to work within four weeks.

So this is not a brand new injury, right? This is just confirming the second injury? When did the Yankees become the Mets with these injury updates? 

Yankees just traded for Kendrys Morales. Likely a sign Stanton won't be back any time soon. 

13 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Yankees just traded for Kendrys Morales. Likely a sign Stanton won't be back any time soon. 

Not necessarily. Could mean Andujar has the surgery.

1 minute ago, MoonyGray said:

Not necessarily. Could mean Andujar has the surgery.

Hope you're right. 

So is a rehab assignment still in the immediate future? I got the notification of the “official diagnosis” after the notification about him doing work in Tampa. Did something new pop up?

6 hours ago, JettNS said:

So is a rehab assignment still in the immediate future? I got the notification of the “official diagnosis” after the notification about him doing work in Tampa. Did something new pop up?

We're looking at another couple weeks or so before he's back.  He's been diagnosed with a shoulder strain.  

6 hours ago, JettNS said:

As of now, there's nothing new that has happened. I think that "official" status update was just to give us plebeians some clarity. He's still doing live hitting and likely on track for a rehab assignment for a few days after that before they take him off the IL. 

• Like 1

Once he got the cortisone shot in his shoulder out of nowhere, I knew this would be more serious than they were letting on. Unfortunately a lost season for Stanton, but maybe this has lingered for a while? A healthy Stanton could be awesome in 2020

Keep him away from the weight room. I think he can hit homers without being ripped and deadlifting 500 lbs and sith.

Stanton must be a dingbat, why would he ever lift heavy weights. MLB players who lift heavy weights are stupid and the same for golfers. I get it for the NFL but MLB is such a long season and the joints and ligaments can’t stand up to it over time. How about some yoga Stanton!

15 hours ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Once he got the cortisone shot in his shoulder out of nowhere, I knew this would be more serious than they were letting on. Unfortunately a lost season for Stanton, but maybe this has lingered for a while? A healthy Stanton could be awesome in 2020

Lost season? Wut?

He's still hitting/throwing daily & facing live pitching. You guys act like he has a new injury now. The only thing we're waiting on is a return timeline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Lost fantasy season I should say. 

Not if he's back in a couple weeks.  Weird take bro.  

3 minutes ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

We shall see how soon he returns. 

well considering the season is only 26% complete its would take multiple months for it to be a lost fantasy season

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

We shall see how soon he returns. 

I'm glad the Yanks aren't rushing him.

• Like 1

For me its not a lost season I only play head2head. If I can get him back in the next month even healthy I'm good to go for the half way point of th eseason. If you're already out of it in your league due to not having Stanton you werent winning it anyways. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

And in related news, the player who hit Stanton in the knee with the pitch was immediately released from the team

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Wow, this guy is an injury magnet!  

• Like 1

Good news, looks like he should be back soon