Sign in to follow this  
airick

Mirotic, LeVert, or Warren? Who do you cut? WHIR

So I have LeVert and Warren on my squad and only one IR spot.  However, Mirotic just hit the WW after a desperate team dropped him due to injuries.  I'm in a 14 team league and am in 1st (barely) so I feel like Mirotic needs to be owned. 

Do I drop Warren or LeVert for him?  Rest of my team is in my Sig.

Leave your link. 

Edited by airick
more info

I might try to hold if you can survive for H2H.  Levert should be back soon and should slide into a dominant role once he’s back given the nets playoff push.  His original time table was February.  Not much news from the Nets though.  

All star break is near,  lots of players will

come back from injury following it.

2 minutes ago, Scrogdog said:

I might try to hold if you can survive for H2H.  Levert should be back soon and should slide into a dominant role once he’s back given the nets playoff push.  His original time table was February.  Not much news from the Nets though.  

All star break is near,  lots of players will

come back from injury following it.

How do you know Levert will be back soon? There's no timetable released by the Ntes, who are not going to let their prized player return until he's 110% ready

I honestly don't see Levert returning this year

His original time table was 2-3 months which puts the end of the all star break at 3 months. And they said he would play again.  Just my opinion,  if you’re in first place, you can probably skate by to the all star break to see.  Also in a 14 team league,  you won’t find anyone better than Levert when he does come back.  

Last week they they said he had a great workout.  Also

Edited by Scrogdog

I think I'll stay with LeVert here..

He has the highest potential of all, and you are going to make the playoffs whatsoever.

Mirotic looks like a fool's gold to me tbh. scoring, rebound and that's almost everything

and he already got injured too much this season. No thank you.

oOooo dude, that's a tough one.  Ya got a bunch of high-risk, high-reward players there.

I'd say Warren is actually the safest, but has the lowest ceiling.  Unless you're desperate to win games quickly, I'd say he's expendable.

Miro is for sure annoying since he's constantly injured, but if the Pellies DO move AD this season (and there are no guarantees), he'll eat up some of the void (shots, boards, minutes) if they don't take back a capable C once he returns.

Levert...ah, that was a nasty injury.  I'd say he's returning soon, given his most recent news but then again, I stashed him.  Remember that the Nets aren't doing too bad with Dinwiddie, and now Napier running a lot of ball handling and drives.

However, looking in your sig (are you in a 14-teamer or 12?  Miro on WW in a 12 teamer is...wow, even for a desperate team), I'm personally thinking that:

1.) Drop Ed Davis, Payton or Marv for Miro instead.  Probably in that order.

2.) Trade someone.  If you don't want to package, I'd move Kyrie, who has the most value and whom you can sell high, to improve your C position depth (asking for KAT to package up, or Gobert+more to trade down)

Yes, you're going to be addled with injuries.  Yes, you're probably not gonna be 1st anymore.  Yes, you're taking some big risks to stash.  But having a core of Miro, Levert, and TJW at your wing positions sounds pretty good if it plays out; given your league standing, you can afford to wait, unless you want better seedings/a bye, or your pride doesn't allow you to lose games (and I get that feeling). 

Hope that helps!  

• Like 1

This is tough. It wouldn't hurt to stay put. Mirotic has been frustrating for me to own for going on/off IL. Levert should be a full go by the time fantasy playoffs come around, so he should be kept. Warren is always safe to have but with his recent issue and being on the tanking Suns, they probably don't have much incentive to play him heavily towards the end of the season. Between Mirotic/Warren, choose based on what categories you want to improve in. For example, your team looks like its good in scoring and assists, but it could probably use more 3s, blocks, and rebounding so Mirotic will provide the higher ceiling. I'd drop Warren. Maybe if you have another injury later in the season he could be available to pick up off the wire if someone else doesn't take him. Another option may be to bundle Warren with Elf or Bog in a 2 for 1, maybe for a do-it-all wing like Tatum, and then pick up Miro too, but that may be harder to pull off.