Sign in to follow this  
Kawz

I have to take this deal right?

14 Team | 10 Cat H2H (Team in Sig)

An owner in my league has been hit with a string of injuries and has offered me Trae Young + TJ Warren (out 2-3 weeks) for Larry Nance + Kyle Anderson.  I’m assuming Nance takes a hit if Love/TT ever return but I feel Cleveland may just shut that whole s--- down early.  Same fear I have potentially for Warren.  Kyle should be solid and Trae hopefully keeps up his run.

Am I reading too much into this or do I have a good reason to be slightly skeptical about value of these 4 players moving forward?

If I did do this deal I’d try to flip J-Rich for a mid round big to get some size back into my lineup.

Edited by Kawz

I would take Trae Young over Anderson any day. With Trae Young, you may be one of the top teams in your league in assist. I do not like Kyle Anderson ROS. Same with Warren since he may get shut down. Though I would rather have Warren even with his injury over Anderson. I'd say take the trade. You can't really get hurt much. Embiid Whiteside and Faried are good enough where you can risk trading Nance away.

Thanks....

Bumping for more opinions.

Something else to consider, I have Bazemore on my IL; but he’s due to come off shortly.  If I did the deal then I’d put TJ in Baze’s place.  If I don’t do the deal then I may have to leave Baze on the IL because I don’t really have a good drop to make for his return.  I was streaming for 2 weeks but just picked up Kyle Anderson and wouldn’t want to drop him w/o seeing what Atlanta is doing with Baze first.

So many layers to this question I’m sorry.

Edited by Kawz

I'll personally take it, not because I like Trae that much, but because I believe in Warren and hate LNJ+Slomo ROS.

Damn, ya did a real nice job with the wire.  I could see you going hard with the paperclip trades.  I'd say that team could really bother some of my 12-teamers' contending teams, haha.

Anyway, take the deal.  Trae's efficiency weaknesses look to be over and he's hot.  TJW...well, I don't like him, but he should have a safe floor.  Nance and Slo-mo are 9-cat gems given they don't hurt you anywhere and Slo-Mo has additional upside if the Griz look to blow up their vets.  However, your team could definitely use points and assists.

As for Baze...eh, I wouldn't say it's a bad idea just to hold him on IL and lock your IL/roster.  If he sucks, drop him.  If he's good, I'd drop Danny.  And at least you have insurance in case Embiid's injury is serious or someone like Whiteside/Kawhi need a week off later on, and you can just move those injury risks to the IL.

2 hours ago, MWon said:

Damn, ya did a real nice job with the wire.  I could see you going hard with the paperclip trades.  I'd say that team could really bother some of my 12-teamers' contending teams, haha.

Anyway, take the deal.  Trae's efficiency weaknesses look to be over and he's hot.  TJW...well, I don't like him, but he should have a safe floor.  Nance and Slo-mo are 9-cat gems given they don't hurt you anywhere and Slo-Mo has additional upside if the Griz look to blow up their vets.  However, your team could definitely use points and assists.

As for Baze...eh, I wouldn't say it's a bad idea just to hold him on IL and lock your IL/roster.  If he sucks, drop him.  If he's good, I'd drop Danny.  And at least you have insurance in case Embiid's injury is serious or someone like Whiteside/Kawhi need a week off later on, and you can just move those injury risks to the IL.

Yeah part of me wanted to do a wait and see with Baze for the next week and keep him on the IL.

What is this roster lock you speak of?  Can I drop a player from my IL in Yahoo?  Don’t you have to make them eligible to play first and in doing so drop someone else?

23 minutes ago, Kawz said:

Yeah part of me wanted to do a wait and see with Baze for the next week and keep him on the IL.

What is this roster lock you speak of?  Can I drop a player from my IL in Yahoo?  Don’t you have to make them eligible to play first and in doing so drop someone else?

Well, that's exactly what I mean.  Keep him on your IL as a test run of his abilities.  You won't get any production from him, and you're "roster locked", meaning if a free agent were to come around, you'd have to drop Baze (or somehow make your IL correct by swapping Baze with an actual injured player) and then adding this free agent the next day when your roster is "correct".  Basically, you can't make any moves.

Once Baze is back up to 30 minutes, or he sucks, or one of your other players gets injured, you can make the change, rather than do the guessing game of "should I add or drop Baze?".  And yes, you can drop straight from your IL.  

37 minutes ago, MWon said:

Well, that's exactly what I mean.  Keep him on your IL as a test run of his abilities.  You won't get any production from him, and you're "roster locked", meaning if a free agent were to come around, you'd have to drop Baze (or somehow make your IL correct by swapping Baze with an actual injured player) and then adding this free agent the next day when your roster is "correct".  Basically, you can't make any moves.

Once Baze is back up to 30 minutes, or he sucks, or one of your other players gets injured, you can make the change, rather than do the guessing game of "should I add or drop Baze?".  And yes, you can drop straight from your IL.  

Thanks for the reminder.  Totally forgot about that as I haven’t been in a scenario like this for some time.

4 hours ago, MWon said:

Follow-Up, been asked for Faried as an option in place of Nance.  Both will be impacted by the return of players but I’d imagine Faried more.

Between the two would you rather deal Nance or Faried with Anderson?

FWIW

I took the trade with Faried and Anderson. I think Faried loses tons of value post ASB and becomes a cut candidate.  I feel like Nance will still get run over Love and TT down the stretch 

25 minutes ago, Kawz said:

FWIW

I took the trade with Faried and Anderson. I think Faried loses tons of value post ASB and becomes a cut candidate.  I feel like Nance will still get run over Love and TT down the stretch 

Wow fleeced. That owner really likes Anderson or something. Paid league?

@Kawz Yeah.  Difficult to predict, but I suppose if you're okay with losing Faried's production for the next few weeks, it should be better ROS for the reasons you posted. 

10 hours ago, RotoHub said:

Wow fleeced. That owner really likes Anderson or something. Paid league?

Hes running a punt Points, high FG%, lots of stocks type team.  $100 entry, but he did have buyers remorse after I accepted, said he shouldn’t have made the offer for Faried instead of Nance