Recommended Posts

Positives: his BB rate ticked up and his K rate went slightly down in 2018 as compared to 2017. Negative: his BABIP went down by a decent number. If that could get 40-50 points higher and get his OBP over .300 this guy could be a really good HR/SB middle infielder. Any White Sox fans have a pulse on the team's patience with letting him have the SS job in 2019?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, I was wrong on Kris Benson said:

Positives: his BB rate ticked up and his K rate went slightly down in 2018 as compared to 2017. Negative: his BABIP went down by a decent number. If that could get 40-50 points higher and get his OBP over .300 this guy could be a really good HR/SB middle infielder. Any White Sox fans have a pulse on the team's patience with letting him have the SS job in 2019?

 

He had it all of last year.  Why are you in doubt about this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

He had it all of last year.  Why are you in doubt about this year?

Because it's a different year and his OBP is traditionally awful. Should I assume he'll have security in 2020, 2021, and 2022 as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, I was wrong on Kris Benson said:

Positives: his BB rate ticked up and his K rate went slightly down in 2018 as compared to 2017. Negative: his BABIP went down by a decent number. If that could get 40-50 points higher and get his OBP over .300 this guy could be a really good HR/SB middle infielder. Any White Sox fans have a pulse on the team's patience with letting him have the SS job in 2019?

They are committed to him at short, but could change if they get machado

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not an Anderson fan because he's not my type of hitter.  His BB% is a paltry 5% in a good year, and he Ks at 25%.  That tells me he likely won't get above .300 OBP, which means he likely won't hit anywhere near the top of the CWS lineup.  This fact, in turn, means his ABs and counting stats will suffer, so he'll rely on generating a lot of his own value.  So can he do that?  Sure, to a degree.  The guy has a lot of talent and is very quick.  20+ SBs is reasonable and 15+ HRs as well.  It's the rest that concerns me.  The CWS lineup simply does not get on base: 2018 team OBP of .302 (fifth worst in MLB).  So I don't see him surpassing 75 RBIs or Rs.  I also don't think he can hit above .260.

 

Furthermore, he's being taken around #124, which seems like I'm paying a lot for a little.  For comparison's sake, Hampson is going at #197, Polanco at #211, K Marte at #226.  I think all three out-perform Anderson this year.  I also like Simmons, Adames, and DeJong better this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K-rate down substantially so far at SSS levels. Anyone got an eye on a visual improvement in plate discipline and contact? He's ranked #69 ROS overall among hitters by pitcherlist, ahead of guys like Robles, peraza, Simmons, and profar. Had a great game at the plate today but doesn't seem to be getting much love from these forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

K-rate down substantially so far at SSS levels. Anyone got an eye on a visual improvement in plate discipline and contact? He's ranked #69 ROS overall among hitters by pitcherlist, ahead of guys like Robles, peraza, Simmons, and profar. Had a great game at the plate today but doesn't seem to be getting much love from these forums

Smart managers realize you need guys that can hit homers & steal bags to win. Smart managers like Tim Andersen. I like Tim Anderson.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude has been beasting. If he improves on last years numbers he is quite the fantasy SS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Rotoworld writers talking about a possible break out. I kind of just see him posting similar numbers as before, maybe with a bit more runs and RBIs. He still doesn’t walk and swings at junk. But he puts up solid value aside from average. Or does anyone see anything different than I do?? I would love a break out.

Edited by hangin n wangin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hangin n wangin said:

3/3 with a run. Does anyone else own this guy? Lol

Most notably, batting leadoff. Giddy up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Rotoworld writers talking about a possible break out. I kind of just see him posting similar numbers as before, maybe with a bit more runs and RBIs. He still doesn’t walk and swings at junk. But he puts up solid value aside from average. Or does anyone see anything different than I do?? I would love a break out.

 

Haven't seen enough of him to say anything definitively about a change in approach, but the stats say he is drastically cutting down on out of zone swings and making a lot more contact at whatever he swings at, in the zone and out. Contact % near 90 and Swing Strike % at about 6 are next level bonkers, especially for a guys that's had swing and miss issues. I've always felt his fantasy ceiling was immense, something like 280-25-40, but he burned me last year by going ice cold down the stretch so I have no shares of him anywhere this season.

 

Really interested to see where he's at after about 100 PAs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the man himself:

“I think I’m understanding the game more. I’m staying inside the baseball a lot more. I feel really good at the plate. I feel really comfortable. A lot of confidence,” Anderson said. “I think I can be consistent with this. I know my routine and what I’m doing now. I was able to take it into the game with me. Hopefully, I continue to swing like that.”

This guy could be a game changer, and that CWS lineup could be deadly this year. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

 

Thats only happening against LHP. 

I doubt that.  He's 5/6 off LHP and 9/19 off RHP with both of his HR's coming off of righties. I expect him to stay near the top of the lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

I doubt that.  He's 5/6 off LHP and 9/19 off R

HP with both of his HR's coming off of righties. I expect him to stay near the top of the lineup.

 

He may work his way into batting 2nd,v RHP. Moncada is firmly entrenched as the lead off hitter vs them

Actually, yoan's been batting 2nd v RHP. The Luery experiment is easily ended. 

Edited by Junkie Cosmonaut
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Very small sample size but it's interesting that his O-swing% is down around league average and his contact rate has skyrocketed. There's not many walks to show for what he's doing so far, but those will always be hard to come by when your contact rate is up near 90%.

Edited by Hanghow
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Very small sample size but it's interesting that his O-swing% is down around league average and his contact rate has skyrocketed. There's not many walks to show for what he's doing so far, but those will always be hard to come by when your contact rate is up near 90%.

Saw that as well. The profile is really showing how well he's seeing the ball currently. SSS but with his power/speed I'd rather gamble on him now than miss out on the ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy just keeps raking. Holy s---. He got ejected today from his reaction to getting beaned. Hopefully he doesn't miss any games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe West should be the one missing games.  That was ridiculous.  On heels of Tim Anderson saying everyone thinks Joe West sucks, then gets tossed for standing.  Makes sense. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

This guy just keeps raking. Holy s---. He got ejected today from his reaction to getting beaned. Hopefully he doesn't miss any games.

I read he got hit by a pitch.  Not beaned as hit by a pitch in the head.  Was he hit in the head?  Totally confused since the latter is a really really thing bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...