5 minutes ago, FISH ON said:

Might it be because of this: bat flip:  https://sportsnaut.com/2019/04/watch-benches-clear-players-ejected-after-tim-anderson-hit-in-retaliation-for-bat-toss/

I'm on Wests' side on this one..

So you're for tossing a guy based on what he did in his previous AB, 2 innings beforehand? Do I have this right? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I read he got hit by a pitch.  Not beaned as hit by a pitch in the head.  Was he hit in the head?  Totally confused since the latter is a really really thing bad.

My bad. I meant beaned as he got hit by a pitch. No clue where he got hit but I'm pretty certain it wasn't his head, from what I read.

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

My bad. I meant beaned as he got hit by a pitch. No clue where he got hit but I'm pretty certain it wasn't his head, from what I read.

Okay thanks.  Beaned only means one thing by definition.  Hit in the head.  So you had me freaking out there for awhile, heh.

32 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Joe West should be the one missing games.  That was ridiculous.  On heels of Tim Anderson saying everyone thinks Joe West sucks, then gets tossed for standing.  Makes sense. 

Everyone: "baseball's dying because it lacks excitement and energy"

Players: (bat flip after a homerun)

Everyone: "oh no you can't do that, this is a gentleman's sport"

Can Joe West just be cast out at this point? Send him to little league games where he can big-time 10 year olds.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

So you're for tossing a guy based on what he did in his previous AB, 2 innings beforehand? Do I have this right? 

I'm for letting players police themselves, he deserved to be plunked for the way he threw his bat after his homer. Flip the bat if you want, but to throw it the way he did was a bit over the top, I mean, this is the middle of April, this game has no meaning, wait for a playoff game when the hr is a game winner, or something like that,. I realize the game is changing, but this is still MLB, not WWMLB, or worldbaseballleague with Vince McMahon as the commissioner...and he got plunked in the buttox,  the correct place to plunk a punk, as has been done for decades,,

1 minute ago, FISH ON said:

I'm for letting players police themselves, he deserved to be plunked for the way he threw his bat after his homer. Flip the bat if you want, but to throw it the way he did was a bit over the top, I mean, this is the middle of April, this game has no meaning, wait for a playoff game when the hr is a game winner, or something like that,. I realize the game is changing, but this is still MLB, not WWMLB, or worldbaseballleague with Vince McMahon as the commissioner...and he got plunked in the buttox,  the correct place to plunk a punk, as has been done for decades,,

So then why are you with Joe West when it comes to tossing Tim Anderson? That’s the farthest thing from  letting the players police themsevles

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, FISH ON said:

Lol. I don’t even understand where people like you are coming from. “If you hurt the pitchers feelings, he should be able to fire a baseball at you.” Lol wut. 

I wonder why kids don’t watch baseball anymore. No smiling allowed. It might hurt someone’s feelings.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Can Joe West just be cast out at this point? Send him to little league games where he can big-time 10 year olds.

Might be the best GIF in the past few years

Image result for joe west gif umpire

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, FISH ON said:

Fish, if a P celebrates a K too wildly, in a game in April, should batters start chucking their bats at the pitchers legs? I mean, act like you’ve been there and stuff, am I right? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Fish, if a P celebrates a K too wildly, in a game in April, should batters start chucking their bats at the pitchers legs? I mean, act like you’ve been there and stuff, am I right? 

Flip the bat on me after a hr, my goal is to make you look foolish on a k in your next ab, throw the bat towards MY dugout after a hr? I'm drilling your a** every time, don't care what month it is..do it twice, the 2nd goes to your ear.. no matter what month it is, it's just not done and shouldn't be..there has to be a line, no? Why does the younger generation want to change the game that's been tried and true for over 130 years?..it's a respect thing that us old timers live by, unfortunately, it's a lost mindset, and look at society, as well as the entire world, yea, this new way of thinking changing everything is working just fine....but I digress.... 

Is the goal Ultimate baseball? where anything goes?.

Again, hit a hr, flip your bat, good on you, but throwing it towards the opposing dugout is going to cause retaliation period, stop acting surprised, it's been done since before you were a thought in your daddys mind, and will continue as long as there are people that respect the game...

4 minutes ago, FISH ON said:

Flip the bat on me after a hr, my goal is to make you look foolish on a k in your next ab, throw the bat towards MY dugout after a hr? I'm drilling your a** every time, don't care what month it is..do it twice, the 2nd goes to your ear.. no matter what month it is, it's just not done and shouldn't be..there has to be a line, no? Why does the younger generation want to change the game that's been tried and true for over 130 years?..it's a respect thing that us old timers live by, unfortunately, it's a lost mindset, and look at society, as well as the entire world, yea, this new way of thinking changing everything is working just fine....but I digress.... 

Again, hit a hr, flip your bat, good on you, but throwing it towards the opposing dugout is going to cause retaliation period, stop acting surprised, it's been done since before you were a thought in your daddys mind, and will continue as long as there are people that respect the game...

Notice you didn’t answer my question? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The answer is in where you draw the line on what's always been vs the new way of showboating. Hitters fist pump all the time on hrs, pitchers fist pump on key k's and key outs, it's always been that way.. recognize the difference and apply some simple logic to the huge difference you're ignoring when comparing a simple fist pump form both hitters and pitchers,(been that way for over 100 years)  vs throwing your bat at the opposing dugout after a hr in total disrespect. hell, a simple bat flip would've been ok there, but not throwing his bat at the other dugout....come on man.....he knew he had it coming, wasn't happy about it, but he surely knew it was coming...Keller didn't throw above his waist, he went for the spot where the least damage could be inflicted, just to send a message, again, as has been done for over 100 years...I'd be in agreement if Keller went after any other place besides his buttox....

come on man, I've always had some respect for your posts and opinions, I could swear that I've seen you argue in favor of a warranted beaning during my 15 years on this forum, Anderson absolutely deserved his plunking, go watch the video....

Edited by FISH ON

1 hour ago, FISH ON said:

He didn't throw it towards the opposing teams dugout.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 89Topps said:

He didn't throw it towards the opposing teams dugout.

Ahh, thank  you for that correction, but I still stand by my opinion about how unnecessary throwing the bat like that is...flip it, no issue.... I'll roll my wheelchair out the door and go take my metamucil....

ok so we all know regression is coming. But my hope is that Anderson still took a step forward from last year at least. That alone would make him well worth his ADP. All sites are saying to sell high and I am trying but I also kind of want to keep him.

17th overall pick in 2013, kids' talent has always been there,  and he's improved, (albeit small improvements, but improvements nonetheless) every year sans his ba decline in 18. He's going to turn 26 soon so we can hope he'll continue to improve without playing time issues. Could this be his breakout season?...Stay tuned..

Holy crap,  this dude's been on fire since the birth of that kid.  Have another one bro! 

Posted (edited)

His team sucks and he’s trying to fire them up.  At least Helen Keller could spot the 90 MPH at his hip.  He’s lucky Tim is in a good mood from hitting one 400 feet off his piped meatball.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 2

He's walked once and his BABIP is like .500. I'd sell high if you can.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ragnaroker said:

He's walked once and his BABIP is like .500. I'd sell high if you can.

Depends what you can get obviously if price is right I’ll take it.  But I’m perfectly content with a 20-30 FLOOR SS that I got at a great price this year.  Team around is improving, weather hasn’t even got hot yet.  Plate discipline will ultimately rear ugly head, but this is a terrible pitching division.  I don’t expect him to hit over .275 as is though.

There is no such thing as a "warranted beaning." Guy makes you look foolish? Strike him out next time. 

The tradition thing is also one of the most bizarre arguments one can make about, well, anything. If you get cancer, guess what? A bucket of leeches for you! Daughter hits puberty? Sell her for a dozen goats to your cousin! After all, it was done for hundreds of years. Tradition, amirite? Also, the game has not been "tried and true" for over 100 years. It has undergone dozens and dozens of changes. Tradition would have a bunch of white dudes playing slap-ball without wearing batting helmets. Perhaps lets rethink how much "tradition" should play a role in dictating how baseball ought to be played...

So perhaps we should try instead to evolve past stupid, dangerous behaviors. Tim Anderson getting fired up and throwing his bat at his dugout to pump up his fans and his team is totally ok. Keller throwing at him otoh is a d-bag move, especially as an AL pitcher. You're putting a guy's livelihood in jeopardy every time you do it, whether the intention is to hit him in the a** or not. Guys with better control than Keller have let one slip and hit a guy in the head. 

This sort of BS should be punished with a heavy fine and, for pitchers, a 20-25 game suspension. Otherwise it'll just continue. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, FISH ON said:

17th overall pick in 2013, kids' talent has always been there,  and he's improved, (albeit small improvements, but improvements nonetheless) every year sans his ba decline in 18. He's going to turn 26 soon so we can hope he'll continue to improve without playing time issues. Could this be his breakout season?...Stay tuned..

A friend of mine played in the Sox system for about 10 years and said out of all the players he’s played with, Tim Anderson was the best by a good margin. 

• Like 1

I guess we can’t even celebrate HRs not even a little bit.... ridiculous he got beaned for that. Even more ridiculous they threw him out of the game. 

• Like 1