Just now, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Players missing time is relevant to fantasy outlook

HTH

one game? This isn't about the length of suspension

Joe West must know where the Skelton’s are buried.  Hopefully he appeals.  Was looking forward to him facing Jordan Zimmermann who pipes a ton of juicy meat.

41 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Hey MLB it's probably not a great idea to bury the personalities that are good for the game while continuing to support Joe West who thinks he's greater than the game of baseball. 

Throwing your bat like a jagoff is not a "personality good for the game"

Let's talk about Tim. After starting the night 0-2, he goes off for 4 straight hits to will his team back from a 9-2 deficit. Another SB (THATS 10) and a walk-off jack to seal it. Oh and he's great at SS. Tons of range, smart and smooth. 

He's fun to watch right now.

• Like 1

Well s---, I guess I should not have turned another game on after Rodon got shelled and Eloy got hurt. 

I'll echo what someone else said about selling high -- 30+ SB guys who aren't garbage in other areas are so rare. If I owned him anywhere I would demand a ransom to give him up. We don't even know what his upside is. 30/40? Doesn't seem crazy at this point. Even when he regresses, the power and speed are good enough to get him close to that. 

9 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

The thought of selling high for me is done. This guy is awesome.

I can understand both sides of it (wanting to sell high and wanting to hold).  One thing is definitely certain is that he's not hitting .400 or anywhere near it all season.  One can't argue with the rest of his stats though...

He’s always been a good base stealer in terms of %.  85% (51 for 60) over last few years.  10 for 10 this year already.  Is it safe to say he should be knocking on door of 40 SBs?

15 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I can understand both sides of it (wanting to sell high and wanting to hold).  One thing is definitely certain is that he's not hitting .400 or anywhere near it all season.  One can't argue with the rest of his stats though...

What do you think a good sell high offer would be? Have you tried to trade him?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

He’s always been a good base stealer in terms of %.  85% (51 for 60) over last few years.  10 for 10 this year already.  Is it safe to say he should be knocking on door of 40 SBs?

I think so. He's got the right mentality to match his speed and effectiveness. A good base stealer has the confidence to steal a bag anytime they're on base, and that's def him this year. Feel like he's stolen 3rd at least 3 times.

Edited by High&Inside

20 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

One thing is definitely certain is that he's not hitting .400 or anywhere near it all season.

The thing is no one thinks he's gonna do that so in terms of the "sell high" it doesn't make it into the equation. Unless you're in a league where there's someone less inclined to look deep into numbers.

Just now, High&Inside said:

The thing is no one thinks he's gonna do that so in terms of the "sell high" it doesn't make it into the equation. Unless you're in a league where there's someone less inclined to look deep into numbers.

Yep...

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Actually, I don't own him (unfortunately so far).  I venture into threads for players I don't own at times. 😀

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

I mean honestly who better are you going to get for him?  You get players to play them and when you strike gold you don't throw them away.  You let them carry you to a championship.

• Haha 1

BABIP sitting at .448, highest in baseball by 20 points.  Last year his BABIP was .289, in 2017 it was .328.

He's also swung at 45.5% of pitches out of the zone, 2nd highest in baseball.

Regression is coming.

23 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

BABIP sitting at .448, highest in baseball by 20 points.  Last year his BABIP was .289, in 2017 it was .328.

He's also swung at 45.5% of pitches out of the zone, 2nd highest in baseball.

Regression is coming.

I think everyone knows that.

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Reading through the past 2 pages, I disagree.

20 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

For sure, what he is doing now is not sustainable at all. 

That being said, I totally think he can outproduce last year's final numbers by a decent amount. In the minors his BABIP has always been above .365 and he is a career .265 hitter in the bigs. I feel like everyone thinks he is, and always will be, a sub-.250 hitter. The dude may actually be able to hit around .280, and if he does that I do think there is potential for 25-40 or even more. 

19 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Reading through the past 2 pages, I disagree.

If you're gonna cite his O-swing you should probably include his O-Contact, especially considering it's the highest of his career at 68%. He also has his lowest swinging strike rate currently. 

NO ONE EXPECTS A .300 AVERAGE

We're here for bags, bombs, and batflips.

• Like 3