Hoping it's just a sprained ankle, probably best case scenario.  IF anything from the broadcast, would appreciate any update.

guys still very rarely walks and strikeout out a lot but his average has been holding steady.

He was ranging over towards first base to make a throw. Came down on his right ankle very awkwardly making a nice play, then as he was in throwing motion his right ankle seemed to really bother him. After making the throw to first he hit the ground rolling around in pain, and was helped off the field. 

To me it didn't look like anything that necessarily keeps him out for a lengthy amount of time or DL trip, but could see him sitting on the bench for a few games. Sure we'll get some official news soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

[...]

Did anyone see the injury?  Any thoughts as far as the severity?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Vent/rant

9 minutes ago, tonywow said:

He was ranging over towards first base to make a throw. Came down on his right ankle very awkwardly making a nice play, then as he was in throwing motion his right ankle seemed to really bother him. After making the throw to first he hit the ground rolling around in pain, and was helped off the field. 

To me it didn't look like anything that necessarily keeps him out for a lengthy amount of time or DL trip, but could see him sitting on the bench for a few games. Sure we'll get some official news soon.

2 guys had to help him off the field and he put no weight on the leg at all. I’d be very shocked if this wasn’t an IL trip.

1 minute ago, RoadApple said:

2 guys had to help him off the field and he put no weight on the leg at all. I’d be very shocked if this wasn’t an IL trip.

You might be right. I was just thinking about how Eloy turned his ankle and they put him on the DL for a while. Looked similar when watching the game tonight. I watched the game Eloy hurt his ankle too and didn't think it looked that bad either, but then he ended up on the DL. With CHW not contending I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the DL. Haven't heard any updates from the Sox announcers yet. 

1 minute ago, tonywow said:

You might be right. I was just thinking about how Eloy turned his ankle and they put him on the DL for a while. Looked similar when watching the game tonight. I watched the game Eloy hurt his ankle too and didn't think it looked that bad either, but then he ended up on the DL. With CHW not contending I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the DL. Haven't heard any updates from the Sox announcers yet. 

My initial hunch was an Achilles injury , but pure speculation until we hear more .

X-Rays were negative and Anderson will be re-evaluated in Boston Wednesday, when the Sox close out a six-game road trip.

Anderson went to his left to field a ground ball off the bat of J.D. Martinez and threw across his body to first base to record the out. Anderson’s right foot slid across the dirt as he made the throw, and he went down.

7 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

You seen what I seen... I don’t believe tony was even watching . 

The last inning Eck  & O’Brien were talking andexpressed concern aboutAnderson 

O’Brien just mention sprained right ankle X-ray were negative 

• Thanks 1

My guess is he's out 10 to 14 days minimum.  If it's a high ankle sprain it could be a month or more. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You seen what I seen... I don’t believe tony was even watching . 

The last inning Eck  & O’Brien were talking andexpressed concern aboutAnderson 

I was watching it, just didn't think at first it looked like a worst case scenario. With arguably their best player, of course the staff will be precautionary with him and assist him off the field. Who knows if he dodges a DL stint. I watched the game Eloy hurt his ankle, at the time sounded like he might be day to day then ended up on the DL. It's good news the xray was negative but who knows if he's in the clear going ahead. I think he very well could hit the DL just as Eloy did, we'll see and hope he can avoid the trip though.

Edited by tonywow

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Hoping it's just a sprained ankle, probably best case scenario.  IF anything from the broadcast, would appreciate any update.

Just hoping he does not have any torn ligaments.  Not out of the woods yet until he has an MRI.  I still believe he's likely heading to the IL.

Edited by BigPapi44

Per the reports, high ankle sprain.  Have to see what further testing reveals and the severity, but at minimum I'm guessing he's gone 6 weeks. 

Surprised a move the IL hasn’t been made yet, why did they play today a man down if they know it’s a high ankle sprain, maybe logistics for getting another player for a day game 🤷🏿‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Per the reports, high ankle sprain.  Have to see what further testing reveals and the severity, but at minimum I'm guessing he's gone 6 weeks. 

Wasnt eloy back in about 4 weeks with a high ankle sprain? 

Posted (edited)

He said he felt a lot better today, for what it's worth. Probably not much. But it seems like it could have been a lot worse. 

Edited by hangin n wangin

The official move to the injured list for Anderson will probably be made Friday. The Sox are also expected to call up a pitcher from Class AAA Charlotte to start while Dylan Covey, who made a rehab start there Wednesday, and Manny Banueulos work their way back from sore shoulders.

17 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

Surprised a move the IL hasn’t been made yet, why did they play today a man down if they know it’s a high ankle sprain ...

Just to screw up MY ability to DL him and add a player to MY roster, damn it!

• Like 1

I guess i dont understand. WTH are they waiting for?   A travel logistic thing maybe? 

It sucks cause they waited on Wednesday and teams dont make moves on their off days.

I'm vulturing on IL. He's too good to let someone else have in the playoffs.

On 6/26/2019 at 3:57 PM, Cesare13 said:

Wasnt eloy back in about 4 weeks with a high ankle sprain? 

Eloy is still in that age range (22) where guys routinely bounce back from minor injuries early. Being young sure has it perks. Tim (26) is a little outside it now. His game is also a lot more predicated on speed, and he plays a position where foot/ankle injuries are more common and thus more prone to re-aggravation. And with the White Sox recent skid and slide out of the WC race there's no reason to put one of your building blocks back in the lineup a moment too soon. If anything, as a fantasy owner I fear they'll be super conservative with him and end of Aug/early September might be when we see him again...

It's all a guessing game right now.  Depends on how quickly he heals/responds to treatment. I tend to agree with @sleepysock's comments but timeline will be determined by the team doctors.  If he heals on the low end, then I'd expect him back first week of August give or take, and if closer to the back end of the timeline would think he's back end of August thereabouts.