Sign in to follow this  
murraygd13

Joey Votto 2019 Outlook

In today's game he did hit a 400 ft fly ball that was run down by Lagares.  The other ab's looked average.  I guess I'm a masochist.  I'm going to hold him for a bit longer.  

On 4/17/2019 at 3:21 PM, whitekenyan24 said:

No, the start of this season is a continued deterioration of his skills that are clearly visible from the entirety of last season's batted ball data. Player's performance levels generally follow a bell curve so this is the continuation of that downward trend starting in 2018.

A bell curve is a GENERAL truth. The real truth is that both growth and decline are not linear from a year to year basis.

He's not even being unlucky so far this season. He has been lucky....

His xBA is .201

His xSLG is .390

His xwOBA .308

His LD% is 6% below his career average. His K% is 8% above career average. 

One of the best hitters, can't give up this early right?

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

One of the best hitters, can't give up this early right?

Said the same thing last year.  Didn't draft him this year because of it.

I dumped him in a 10 teamer... bout to do the same in a 16 teamer...I need to see something soon...

0 for 5 when everyone took turns on beede?? He managed to pitch joey tough or joey sucks...

0-7 tonight.  With the decline he's been showing (starting last year), I already decided he's not a keeper next year.  No use having him dragging down my team at this point.

I don't know what to do with him at this point tbh.  I feel like he's not drop worthy and can't imagine anyone wants him so I think he rides the pine until things heat up?

Posted (edited)

There has to be a drop off at some point.

Edited by B&F

Another 0 fer or 1 hit day and I'll say he's dropped off

4 hours ago, Call me Red said:

I don't know what to do with him at this point tbh.  I feel like he's not drop worthy and can't imagine anyone wants him so I think he rides the pine until things heat up?

I'd take a flier on him. But I'd imagine Votto owners would want more than a bag of balls, which is what I'd offer (let's say, last guy on my bench plus a closer).

On my wire and not touching at this point. 

He's produced relative "crap" for about a full season's worth of at bats between last season and the start of this one now.. it might be past the time for optimism at this point, 15 hrs with meh counting stats over the last 600ABs? Puzzling what happened/what's going on with him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sully said:

He's produced relative "crap" for about a full season's worth of at bats between last season and the start of this one now.. it might be past the time for optimism at this point, 15 hrs with meh counting stats over the last 600ABs? Puzzling what happened/what's going on with him.

It's not THAT puzzling.  I mean, he's 35.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sully said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

It's not THAT puzzling.  I mean, he's 35.  

Haha, werd.

And even then Votto's still top five in on-base percentage over the past calendar year.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

0 for freaking 7 yesterday. I’m not someone who overreacts to slow starts but my finger is getting closer and closer to the drop button for this guy. It’s kinda sad but he looks like a shell of his former self.  Just curious on how long others are holding out in non OBP leagues?

39 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

Just curious on how long others are holding out in non OBP leagues?

I'm giving him until Olson comes back to show something. Otherwise, drop city.

I had to move him (got Quintana). I’m sure he will have his good games but I don’t know if I trust he can turn it around and be his old self.