Sign in to follow this  
murraygd13

Joey Votto 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

He’s got my attention, if he’s on anyone’s waivers I’d consider getting him, see what happens. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

He’s got my attention, if he’s on anyone’s waivers I’d consider getting him, see what happens. 

 

He seems to have gotten his timing in sync but I'm not sure he'll ever get his power back. I feel like I am watching the decline of Todd Helton all over again. It's depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BleedRedsRed said:

 

He seems to have gotten his timing in sync but I'm not sure he'll ever get his power back. I feel like I am watching the decline of Todd Helton all over again. It's depressing.

Oh the power is non existent. I’m hoping he can still hit for avg, and score runs with Suarez behind him as well. Scooter returning will be big. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Empty avg... the little things in life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Out of the lineup today. Hate to see a coach bench a guy during a hot streak. Especially when he’s been so brutal before this.

 

Might not be a benching.  Maybe Votto tweaked himself during his sword-fighting pantomimes in-between pitches.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is hit machine right now but his power is still not really showing up.

7 game hit streak and a 17 game on base streak. On 4 out of 22 hits in that span are XBHs with only 1 HR still.

Finally dropped him last week before he started getting all these hits lol can’t decide if it’s time to pick back up. Basically an empty avg/ops. But he is votto... 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Csiebert5 said:

He is hit machine right now but his power is still not really showing up.

7 game hit streak and a 17 game on base streak. On 4 out of 22 hits in that span are XBHs with only 1 HR still.

Finally dropped him last week before he started getting all these hits lol can’t decide if it’s time to pick back up. Basically an empty avg/ops. But he is votto... 🤔

Scooters coming back and Puig will heat up. This will boost Vottos numbers as long as he keeps hitting. Pick him back up ASAP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Scooters coming back and Puig will heat up. This will boost Vottos numbers as long as he keeps hitting. Pick him back up ASAP

Agree with you there but won’t help him hit homers and up his power. That’s my concern here. Especially after only hitting 12 last year. I’ve always been very high in votto and been skeptical all year about his “down” power last year. But I’m not sure anymore.. his SLG this year is putrid at .374 and ISO only at .121

And the month of May he has 2 2B and 1 HR.. that’s it with a tiny .047 ISO.

Power is my only concern really. 

Not rushing to pick him back up but still watching very closely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Votto is actually owned by people in leagues? at least if you start Pedroia in your league he wont hurt your average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 years $145m left on his contract for the reds. WOW talk about a bad contract this guy stinks 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rhg1084 said:

6 years $145m left on his contract for the reds. WOW talk about a bad contract this guy stinks 

 

it is a bad contract. but to the owners it was well worth it. you ever hear of a pro sports team go bankrupt? they have investors keep them making money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Do you guys think that he's still worth holding onto at this point? Didn't really seem like much of a hot streak these past two weeks. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Bench Coach content. If your question is team/format specific, please use the Bench Coach forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally cut bait with him in my 10 team league and boy did it feel good. Even with the “hot streak” he’s been on he’s still not providing much anything other than average it on base percentage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3/3 yesterday with a walk and HR. Hitting .349 with .949 OPS over last month but only 3 HR.  

 

I think he will be what he has been of late. Good Avg, great OBP, good source of runs, modest power. Good enough to be owned in most leagues but limited upside. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bluefrogguy said:

3/3 yesterday with a walk and HR. Hitting .349 with .949 OPS over last month but only 3 HR.  

 

I think he will be what he has been of late. Good Avg, great OBP, good source of runs, modest power. Good enough to be owned in most leagues but limited upside. 

 

 

And how do you come to this. The guy is nothing more than waiver bait that might get hot for 7-10 days

 

Every player in baseball is like this. What makes the top 50, or top 75 special is they give you something others do not, maybe 15 homers and 15 steals, maybe just a high BA, maybe lots of runs, THIS TURD GIVES NOTHING, and has been that way since opening day last year

 

He is dead to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

 

 

And how do you come to this. The guy is nothing more than waiver bait that might get hot for 7-10 days

 

Every player in baseball is like this. What makes the top 50, or top 75 special is they give you something others do not, maybe 15 homers and 15 steals, maybe just a high BA, maybe lots of runs, THIS TURD GIVES NOTHING, and has been that way since opening day last year

 

He is dead to me

 

First off, not saying top 50 or 75, just that he's still useful in most leagues. 

 

Consensus ROS projections are about .280/.400/.450 slash line and 124 rc+ with 11 HRs and 90 runs/RBIs.  That plays in most leagues, especially points and OBP. He hits in a prime batting slot, in a good hitter's park and with a good track record.  He's not going to return top 50 value like was valued preseason, but if you plug those numbers into a ROS value meter, they are top 100-150 numbers even in a standard league.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been liking him over the last month in my OPS league. 

I know the power isn't there, but for the last month he's been around average (maybe slightly under?) for runs and RBI's, with great batting average and OPS, so 4 out of 6 hitting categories for me, and I do think there's potential to keep this up, or even get a lil more power in this great ballpark over the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

 

First off, not saying top 50 or 75, just that he's still useful in most leagues. 

 

Consensus ROS projections are about .280/.400/.450 slash line and 124 rc+ with 11 HRs and 90 runs/RBIs.  That plays in most leagues, especially points and OBP. He hits in a prime batting slot, in a good hitter's park and with a good track record.  He's not going to return top 50 value like was valued preseason, but if you plug those numbers into a ROS value meter, they are top 100-150 numbers even in a standard league.  

 

 

Yeah you are right, I was a little harsh but my point is there are so many guys that produce more in weekly leagues, at least in my leagues.

 

Votto was in my U and I have got more production from playing the hot hand in the 3 weeks since I have dropped him

 

I mean in non OBP leagues, a U spot can be filled a lot better than Votto, no doubt about it!

Edited by Monkeyman74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

 

 

Yeah you are right, I was a little harsh but my point is there are so many guys that produce more in weekly leagues, at least in my leagues.

 

Votto was in my U and I have got more production from playing the hot hand in the 3 weeks since I have dropped him

 

I mean in non OBP leagues, a U spot can be filled a lot better than Votto, no doubt about it!

 

I'm not good at playing the hot hand.  They always seem to go cold when i pick them up, lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

 

I'm not good at playing the hot hand.  They always seem to go cold when i pick them up, lol.  

 

HAHA right on!!!

 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this