Sign in to follow this  
floppy

price or segura?.. and draft order...

Recommended Posts

keep price and lose 12th round pick

or

keep segura and lose 5th round pick

 

my other 3 keepers will be acuna story and clevinger.. I only get 4.

 

also, I get to chose where I draft this year just not 1 overall.. so based on my keepers do I draft betts at 2 or do I say go later in the round and either grab JD/Nolan at 5, or sherzer at say 7, then grab a better 2nd round pick.. I assume just get betts and take whoever is best avail in 2nd.. im only curious because middle of the round I can grab a JD which yes is not betts but not a big drop off then get a better 2nd round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take Segura and lose a 5th, which is essentially a 9th since you keep 4. Segura is a 6th or 7th round pick and I think you can flip him for better than Price, assuming Story is having another solid year.

 

Also, take Betts. Don't get cute, no reason to pass on him. Especially if he can be kept next year and years after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paintingtheblack said:

I'd take Segura and lose a 5th, which is essentially a 9th since you keep 4. Segura is a 6th or 7th round pick and I think you can flip him for better than Price, assuming Story is having another solid year.

 

Also, take Betts. Don't get cute, no reason to pass on him. Especially if he can be kept next year and years after.

 

I go Price here.    You already have Story at SS and can most likely pick up a much higher ranked adp player in round 4 than Segura.    I see so many people talk about taking lesser players in leagues like this 'because of value compared to the round' and get the whole concept wrong.    They'll take a considerably lesser player because he's late rounds and throw back a stud because  he's early round and justify it by 'value vs adp.'   That's not the case here.   Segura is over valued if he's in the 5th round, plain and simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Khahan said:

 

I go Price here.    You already have Story at SS and can most likely pick up a much higher ranked adp player in round 4 than Segura.    I see so many people talk about taking lesser players in leagues like this 'because of value compared to the round' and get the whole concept wrong.    They'll take a considerably lesser player because he's late rounds and throw back a stud because  he's early round and justify it by 'value vs adp.'   That's not the case here.   Segura is over valued if he's in the 5th round, plain and simple.

I do have a spot for infield so story and segura can play together. Also, segura coming off big year, probably better team. Def better ballpark, possibility of batting before Bryce. I like price but also he’s not exactly a stud anymore. 3.6 era is eh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Segura for sure, then move Clevinger for an OF or INF upgrade, and keep that player. 

Edited by Rush2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 4:37 AM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

1. Keep Segura

2. Draft second 

The thing is, if i kept segura 5th round then I would be without picks 4-7 (traded them last year) and pitchers fly off the board. 

Would you take trout/Betts then be stuck with say Noah and carrasco in rounds 2-3 back to back then not pick for a while or draft in middle or end of first and grab more qualities players.. say JD at 4 and then be in line for a better pitcher on way back. Hard to tell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Segura 

Not a price fan

Draft betts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:59 PM, HOOTIE said:

Segura 

Not a price fan

Draft betts

 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:16 AM, motown magic said:

This ^

can also keep villar as a last rounder over segura in the 5th.

 

clevinger 17th, acuna last round, and story 11th round are considered my "locks' so I only get one more so villar or segura... I also pick where I draft this year so I figured 1 trout but can also not keep clevinger and keep all hitters c(not ideal) and go say mid round and draft sherzer or sale then a pitcher on way back. lots of options.. what do u think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

acuna story clevinger segura - draft trout

acuna story clevinger villar - draft trout

acuna story segura villar - draft max

acuna story clevinger villar and draft trout/max

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep Villar in last round over Segura for sure.  That is great value and opens up a draft pick in rounds 4-7.  You dont want to be shut out for 4 straight rounds.  Then you definitely pick #2 and grab Betts.  No way you move down to get the better 2nd round pick.  Thats the most foolish strategy people try.  Get the 5 category Stud.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

Keep Villar in last round over Segura for sure.  That is great value and opens up a draft pick in rounds 4-7.  You dont want to be shut out for 4 straight rounds.  Then you definitely pick #2 and grab Betts.  No way you move down to get the better 2nd round pick.  Thats the most foolish strategy people try.  Get the 5 category Stud.  

 

4 hours ago, motown magic said:

acuna story clevinger segura - draft trout

i figured it would be split. I will def stay where I am and draft at the top of the order.. just figured it was a possibility to even go 10 and grab 2 top notch pitchers while keeping segura villar acuna and segura but if im staying at the top.. its a coin toss who brings better value segura or villar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 2:06 PM, Khahan said:

 

I go Price here.    You already have Story at SS and can most likely pick up a much higher ranked adp player in round 4 than Segura.    I see so many people talk about taking lesser players in leagues like this 'because of value compared to the round' and get the whole concept wrong.    They'll take a considerably lesser player because he's late rounds and throw back a stud because  he's early round and justify it by 'value vs adp.'   That's not the case here.   Segura is over valued if he's in the 5th round, plain and simple.

You left out the 4 keepers, making Price a 16th round overall or Segura a 9th round overall.  Segura in the 9th is a much better value by far to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

You left out the 4 keepers, making Price a 16th round overall or Segura a 9th round overall.  Segura in the 9th is a much better value by far to me.  

 

No, this is a keep in the round you drafted in league.  He literally says its Segura in the 5th.  Its not like a league where you declare keepers then start the draft in round 1.  you start the draft in round 1 and insert keepers as you go basically.   Almost as if picks are made for you (like if he keeps Segura, he gets to round 5 and an unknown entity says, "haha, you have to take jean Segura here.")    This is a 10 team keep 4.  He's keeping Segura, a guy with a round 6 adp and a round 5 price tag.  Or he's keeping Price, a guy with a round 9 adp but only a round 12 price tag.

Neither is a player he wants to have as a keeper in a 10 team keep 4. But since these are the best choices he has, take the later round and the guy who gives value over perceived draft placement (price is a +3 round value, Segura is a -1 round value).  And hope that he can draft somebody better than either of these guys for next year.

Edited by Khahan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, floppy said:

 its a coin toss who brings better value segura or villar.

 

How is that even possible?  Segura (ADP according to Fantrax is 75.680) in the 5th round and Villar (ADP is 111.35) in the LAST round.  Villar is the superior value there.  Plus you already have Story, so keeping Segura in the 5th absolutely no sense.  Do yourself a favor and keep Villar, or Price for that matter.  But do not give up the 5th round pick for a 2nd SS.  Its a no brainer to me, Keep Villar and then draft Trout/Betts whoever you have a chance at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Khahan said:

 

No, this is a keep in the round you drafted in league.  He literally says its Segura in the 5th.  Its not like a league where you declare keepers then start the draft in round 1.  you start the draft in round 1 and insert keepers as you go basically.   Almost as if picks are made for you (like if he keeps Segura, he gets to round 5 and an unknown entity says, "haha, you have to take jean Segura here.")    This is a 10 team keep 4.  He's keeping Segura, a guy with a round 6 adp and a round 5 price tag.  Or he's keeping Price, a guy with a round 9 adp but only a round 12 price tag.

Neither is a player he wants to have as a keeper in a 10 team keep 4. But since these are the best choices he has, take the later round and the guy who gives value over perceived draft placement (price is a +3 round value, Segura is a -1 round value).  And hope that he can draft somebody better than either of these guys for next year.

I get it's a keep where you drafted league... each team still keeps 4 players completely taking 4 full rounds of players out of the draft pool by the beginning of round 1.  Meaning, yes, it's a 5th round pick but it has 9th round value.  40 players are gone before pick 1 round 1.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Khahan said:

 

No, this is a keep in the round you drafted in league.  He literally says its Segura in the 5th.  Its not like a league where you declare keepers then start the draft in round 1.  you start the draft in round 1 and insert keepers as you go basically.   Almost as if picks are made for you (like if he keeps Segura, he gets to round 5 and an unknown entity says, "haha, you have to take jean Segura here.")    This is a 10 team keep 4.  He's keeping Segura, a guy with a round 6 adp and a round 5 price tag.  Or he's keeping Price, a guy with a round 9 adp but only a round 12 price tag.

Neither is a player he wants to have as a keeper in a 10 team keep 4. But since these are the best choices he has, take the later round and the guy who gives value over perceived draft placement (price is a +3 round value, Segura is a -1 round value).  And hope that he can draft somebody better than either of these guys for next year.

Can also go villar like I said a little later on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

 

How is that even possible?  Segura (ADP according to Fantrax is 75.680) in the 5th round and Villar (ADP is 111.35) in the LAST round.  Villar is the superior value there.  Plus you already have Story, so keeping Segura in the 5th absolutely no sense.  Do yourself a favor and keep Villar, or Price for that matter.  But do not give up the 5th round pick for a 2nd SS.  Its a no brainer to me, Keep Villar and then draft Trout/Betts whoever you have a chance at.

I have an infield spot so both would start. I get villar is better value but when u don’t have 4,6,7 round picks (traded them away) I need to maximize talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.