tsh00k

Josh Bell 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

I was so wrong about this kid. [...] What a season he's having.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

I have come back to make my apologies to Mr. Bell for vastly underrating him and disbelieving he'd be anything more than a potential CI fill-in with a .270-25-80 line. I was clearly wrong about him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I have come back to make my apologies to Mr. Bell for vastly underrating him and disbelieving he'd be anything more than a potential CI fill-in with a .270-25-80 line. I was clearly wrong about him. 

To be fair, I don’t think any owners expected this. Even the ones who were overly high on him. I viewed him as a solid bench bat lol it’s good to be wrong sometimes.

• Like 2

I think we need to start talking about where this guy goes in drafts next year if he ends up 100 rbis 100 runs, 35 homers and a 300 average. Is he a third round pick? Dude is a flat out beast, has to be a top 3-5 1B at this point.

1 minute ago, mike11 said:

I think we need to start talking about where this guy goes in drafts next year if he ends up 100 rbis 100 runs, 35 homers and a 300 average. Is he a third round pick? Dude is a flat out beast, has to be a top 3-5 1B at this point.

I think you are under-selling him. He's a late 2nd round pick at worst if he comes anywhere close to keeping this pace up. He's putting up 1st round numbers right now and all signs point to his breakout being beyond legitimate. 

• Like 1

As I said earlier.

Every single one of his stats is screaming out that he is legit.

If this is his new norm, he's easily a 3rd rounder. Maybe early 2nd rounder at best.

• Like 1

50+ RBI and 40+ Runs, 18 Homers, OPS above 1.100 with 18 Homers all before June. 

This has been one hell of a ride

• Like 2

This guy is a true king. I’m so sorry I ever considered selling high on you sir. You will stay firmly as my prize. Keep on keeping on

Posted (edited)

Bell is a legit MVP candidate, Bellinger's numbers are bound to come down, and Bell is right there. [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu

3 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

As I said earlier.

Every single one of his stats is screaming out that he is legit.

By “every” do you mean “one” (exit velo)?

I almost feel bad that he’s giving me so much stuff. I just don’t want him to wear himself out. But then I just see all the stuff and think... well it’s ok.

• Haha 1

Whoever is responsible for changing this beasts batting stance...deserves a new car or something. Maybe a cabin of some sort.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Based on the fact that this thread is only 3 pages long I feel like there must be a lot of people not Bellieving. 

That's a big mistake, you gotta Bellieve.

Clearly, his new batting stance / approach has turned him into a completely different hitter. The bat-to-ball skills and raw power were always there, but now they've been unlocked.

We're looking at one of the best hitters in the game now, plain and simple. 

The Pirates are exactly 1/3rd of the way through the season and Josh Bell is hitting to a pace of .345/.409/.718, 54 homers, 57 doubles, 6 triples, 153 RBI, 123 R.

It goes without saying that he's not going to keep that up. But I'm not putting it past him to play to a .300-40-100+ pace for the rest of the season going forward.

Edited by ReyesMurphyWright

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

By “every” do you mean “one” (exit velo)?

I think he means all the statcast metrics, ie contact quality, which includes barrel % and launch angle in which they can derive expected batting average, expected slugging and expected wOBA, which he is basically meeting all those stats right now in reality, which means none of what he is doing is a fluke. He is a statcast God right now.

Edited by lassetjus

Josh Bell is playing like peak Barry Bonds right now and he went undrafted in 70% of leagues LOL

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, mike11 said:

Josh Bell is playing like peak Barry Bonds right now and he went undrafted in 70% of leagues LOL

except no steals, bonds used to steal in his peak.

That’s a sacrifice I’m willing to accept if he hits me 45 dingers with a .300 average.

That'll do for the start of a new month.  4-6, 4 Runs, 3 HRs, 7 RBI's tonight...

• Like 4

For whom the Bell tolls!

Keep they heads ringin' ding a ding ding ding dong...such a stud...

Posted (edited)

This guy has been so under the radar on this forum. It's amazing

Edited by Cdub2k

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

I love having a day when only three of my batters play and I still get 3 HR and 7 RBI. :wub:

Edited by Bandito

Posted (edited)

Is kind of crazy #1 hitter goes a full month between posts.  Not even a middle rounder either.  Nuts.

Edited by trojans888

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2019 at 11:50 AM, High&Inside said:

12 of his 15 bombs have been over 400 ft. Dude is a stud, and personally I think he's a buy high and enjoy the ride.

The Pirates television analyst made a comment regarding Josh Bell asking if the ball just goes over the fence and not 400 feet whether it counts as a home run for him 😄.   Every park looks like a little league stadium for Bell.

He looks like a 2nd round pick next season.

Edited by tonycpsu
User request.