brockpapersizer

Marco Luciano- SF Giants- SS

On 6/21/2019 at 8:42 PM, bjvance5 said:

judging by the swings in the recent videos posted above, this man is a long ways off. He had great extension through the baseball on a couple hits so I see a glimmer of hope but he’s got a looooong ways to go

I think you can say this about 100% of 17 year olds. You can dissect it any way you would like, but at the end of the day he is pretty impressive at his age. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thezing1 said:

I think you can say this about 100% of 17 year olds. You can dissect it any way you would like, but at the end of the day he is pretty impressive at his age. 

Agreed. Just be prepared to have him on your bench for the next 4-5 years (as is the case with most 17yr olds).

3 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Asked @garlando about him in the offseason, he said he liked the swing.🤷‍♂️

Swing is fine but I foresee him struggling with anything off-speed. I’ve watched 2 videos of him so just basing my opinion on the very few minutes of footage I’ve seen. My opinion could change with more video and it will be interesting to see how fast he can adjust.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, IvoryHunter said:

Luciano had an RBI double in his first at-bat Sunday. He came around to score. 

2/4, BB and also a K

Will be interesting to see where the K/BB ratio takes us the rest of the way. 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Italian_guy said:

I can't find his fangraphs page.. Do you? Thx

Can't find dit either ATM. I now I've seen it.

Edited by brockpapersizer

12 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Who will be the first to rank him as a top 10 prospect?!

My money is on James Anderson.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Who will be the first to rank him as a top 10 prospect?!

probably Eric Cross.

He is quickly making a case to skyrocket up rankings, should be top 50 everywhere, pushing top 25 by next years lists.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Fenamo said:

My money is on James Anderson.

Actually just looked at rotowire Anderson rankings to see where he had him now 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2

So in dynasty leagues, is this guy an absolute must grab if available?  I'd say the top 50 prospects are probably rostered in my league.  Seems like this guy is beginning to make a Wander type jump up lists right?

13 minutes ago, bigoz89 said:

So in dynasty leagues, is this guy an absolute must grab if available?  I'd say the top 50 prospects are probably rostered in my league.  Seems like this guy is beginning to make a Wander type jump up lists right?

I grabbed him 2 days ago before one of the prospect hounds in my league inevitably scooped him. I don't like adding guys this far from the bigs but sometimes you have to.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigoz89 said:

If you can wait multiple years on a guy then yes. Timetables at this point are meaningless but chances are 2022 if he hits very well. 

• Like 1

THats the problem.  I don't have a ton of bench space available at this point however I don't want to miss out on the next Wander....tough decision!

19 minutes ago, bigoz89 said:

THats the problem.  I don't have a ton of bench space available at this point however I don't want to miss out on the next Wander....tough decision!

I think if you play in a league where you dont have a separate minor league roster and you're competing this year and/or next, I would pass on him most likely. I don't think he's the next Wander Franco, but he's going to be a near top prospect at this rate soon. Chances are you can use that roster spot better. This is a pretty league specific question. I would ask in the minor league bench coach thread.

The kid has an awesome swing. He's looking like he could be a legit power threat and definitely has the talent to be a top player for sure.

ndvtu9OIz0nk8Gbo.mp4?tag=10

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Arms said:

Out of Julio Rodriguez, George Valera, Kristian Robinson, is Luciano the best of the bunch?

Luciano is a bit different than the three imo since they're all a year older. That might not mean much on its surface, but the three of them are all destroying A-/A ball as 18 year olds, which is bollocks. Pretty much what Wander is doing right now except Wander got promoted to A+.

I'm a little bit more hesitant on the Luciano hype than most in part because he isn't in the upper echelon of rookie ball (Appy/Pioneer). Its only a slight difference in play and he's destroying Arizona right now. I feel like I'll be more of a supporter of him as a top 30+ prospect when/if he is in A(-/+) ball next year. Obviously though his tools are as good as any other minor leaguer out there and has as much all star potential as anyone else out there from my understanding.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Sergeant Arms said:

Out of Julio Rodriguez, George Valera, Kristian Robinson, is Luciano the best of the bunch?

I think you can rank them any way you want and you won't be wrong. Julio might be slightly ahead because he's the only one in full season ball.

• Thanks 1