brockpapersizer

Marco Luciano- SF Giants- SS

1 hour ago, Sergeant Arms said:

Out of Julio Rodriguez, George Valera, Kristian Robinson, is Luciano the best of the bunch?

That might be so close that you could make a case for any of them being the best.

Posted (edited)

I am not so sure about this kid taking "x" amount of years to develop. Most people prob felt that Wander, too, would take a very long time and here we are...

Marco has the tools to drool over and also will turn 18 in Sept (plus his body seems to be much further along than that of comparable prospects in his age range)...if he continues to dominate along the ladder upwards they will continue to challenge him and it could very much accelerate his timeline. I could not wait any longer in my leagues, even if it's 3-4 years of devy time--which might be quite realistic. Gotta swing for ceiling, and his is enormous.

Edited by ST. STEVEN
  • Like 1

Despite where he is currently ranking on lists there isn't many other guys I would want over him. Maybe be a short history atm but he is on the same path as the recent crop of J2's and putting up numbers which support the hype. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tucker26 said:

Despite where he is currently ranking on lists there isn't many other guys I would want over him. Maybe be a short history atm but he is on the same path as the recent crop of J2's and putting up numbers which support the hype. 

I agree with your sentiments completely.  There's not many other prospects I would want over him regardless of ranking.  The rankings will change soon enough.  

Count me in on Luciano. Just grabbed him off the wire in my keeper league. Low risk, high reward. Maybe just maybe he fast tracks like Juan Soto did and beats his eta by a year or so. Either way, seems worth the wait!

Posted (edited)

2-4 tonight, hit HR #8...now batting .344 with 24 RBI in his first 25 games in Rookie ball.

Edited by cltubbs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 12to6 said:

Jeez. This kid invokes the oppo of your user name! #6-ta-midnight

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2