urban2014

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

I highly doubt that the Falcons keep this guy, since he failed to impress the entire season trying to fill in for Freeman.  Do you think he moves, or stays put

After this season, I don't think the Falcons will pay him what he wants.   I think he'll probably test free agency.   Although the Falcons are in a pretty precarious RB situation if they're just going to roll with oft-injured Freeman and Ito as their top two.  

Drafted this guy in keeper leagues for this purpose. Have some doubts if he can be a feature back though.

• Like 1

Was really looking forward to keeping him but honestly after what he showed this year, I'm not so sure.  I think he is a better change of pace back than a featured back.

13 minutes ago, FoosballFan said:

Was really looking forward to keeping him but honestly after what he showed this year, I'm not so sure.  I think he is a better change of pace back than a featured back.

Ya, reminds  me of the Lamar Miller situation. I think Coleman's ceiling is about Lamar's

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Ya, reminds  me of the Lamar Miller situation. I think Coleman's ceiling is about Lamar's

Don't be shocked if he replaces Lamar Miller.

4 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Don't be shocked if he replaces Lamar Miller.

I hope not. Deshaun deserves better.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, K197040 said:

After this season, I don't think the Falcons will pay him what he wants.   I think he'll probably test free agency.   Although the Falcons are in a pretty precarious RB situation if they're just going to roll with oft-injured Freeman and Ito as their top two.  

Sarkasian fired

Freeman consistently injured

Ino on a cheap rookie contract sharing the backfield

What would you do?

I would go wherever FA takes me for the bigger payday

21 hours ago, FoosballFan said:

Do you mean ITO smith? If anything the falcons didnt commit to the run. Thats why Matt Ryan had inflated fantasy stats.

I can’t think of a single team that would be willing to fight for his services

On 2/2/2019 at 6:44 PM, psygolf said:

Niners would if mkinnon doesnt look like a go

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

Niners would if mkinnon doesnt look like a go

I do not think the 49ers would get into a bidding war for him.

I've read that the Jets may be a good fit. They had a ton of drops from the position & they do need to add/upgrade there. 

4 hours ago, markrc99 said:

I've read that the Jets may be a good fit. They had a ton of drops from the position & they do need to add/upgrade there. 

Makes more sense than Bell going there.

Possible landing spots include Jets, Raiders, Bucs, Colts, 9ers. It'll be interesting to see where Bell and Ingram wind up.

Honestly there aren't that many RB needy teams going in to the '19 season.

25 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

Possible landing spots include Jets, Raiders, Bucs, Colts, 9ers. It'll be interesting to see where Bell and Ingram wind up.

Honestly there aren't that many RB needy teams going in to the '19 season.

You just named 16% of the league :lol:

you can add texans,miaimi,ravens,eagles,colts,KC

and then add teams who have starters battling injuries redskins,jax, bills,packers,rams,falcons,steelers

NFL teams are always looking to upgrade or strenghten the rb position

47 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You just named 16% of the league :lol:

you can add texans,miaimi,ravens,eagles,colts,KC

and then add teams who have starters battling injuries redskins,jax, bills,packers,rams,falcons,steelers

NFL teams are always looking to upgrade or strenghten the rb position

I would argue far less than in years past. However, I would agree that most NFL teams are always looking to upgrade the RB position. I just don't know that most teams are going to want to pay Coleman what he wants.

14 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

I would argue far less than in years past. However, I would agree that most NFL teams are always looking to upgrade the RB position. I just don't know that most teams are going to want to pay Coleman what he wants.

I dont thnk coleman is a stud talent however people were surprised at the deals dion lewis and mkinnon got in FA last year too. Neither of them were a primary rb before FA. Coleman at least filled that role with freeman injured

Edited by dashoe

On 2/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, markrc99 said:

I pity the RB who signs on to play under Adam Gase.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 6:44 PM, psygolf said:

"Willing to fight for his services"?  Sure.  I don't see anyone getting into a bidding war or anything.  But I think Kyle Shanahan would take a stab for the right price.  Also wouldn't be shocked if Kansas City brought him in.

Both teams don't ask their starter to carry a ton of volume.  Both emphasize speed in space.  Both require running backs to be good receivers.  Both teams need depth.  Both teams get a lot out of their RB2.

I don't think Coleman would walk into a starting gig in those spots, but I think he'd compete for that job sooner or later.  The 49ers especially saw last year how important running back depth is, and we know Shanahan knows how to get the most out of Coleman.

3 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

"Willing to fight for his services"?  Sure.  I don't see anyone getting into a bidding war or anything.  But I think Kyle Shanahan would take a stab for the right price.  Also wouldn't be shocked if Kansas City brought him in.

Both teams don't ask their starter to carry a ton of volume.  Both emphasize speed in space.  Both require running backs to be good receivers.  Both teams need depth.  Both teams get a lot out of their RB2.

I don't think Coleman would walk into a starting gig in those spots, but I think he'd compete for that job sooner or later.  The 49ers especially saw last year how important running back depth is, and we know Shanahan knows how to get the most out of Coleman.

Shanny was putting special teams and practice squad players into the starting rotation, I think he has a bid for coleman if mckinnon is slow on the recovery. . .:lol:

3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

There is also the fact that McKinnon sucks.

By that same logic, Andrew Luck sucked in 2017 and Tom Brady sucked in 2008.

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

By that same logic, Andrew Luck sucked in 2017 and Tom Brady sucked in 2008.

You're absolutely right.  Because, Luck's, Brady's, and Mckinnon's careers, are nearly identical.  Don't be obtuse.

8 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

You're absolutely right.  Because, Luck's, Brady's, and Mckinnon's careers, are nearly identical.  Don't be obtuse.

I think hes saying not to write off players having season ending injuries, but otherwise im not sure.

Luck and Brady were pretty established by that point. Mckinnon is more of a mystery