urban2014

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, kwelch said:

As someone who just lost Barkley, this interests me. Coleman is sitting on the wire.

That said, this backfield is going to be a nightmare. Breida, Mostert, Wilson, Coleman.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

As someone who just lost Barkley, this interests me. Coleman is sitting on the wire.

That said, this backfield is going to be a nightmare. Breida, Mostert, Wilson, Coleman.

I'm like shanahan I now have all 3 except Wilson. Drafted coleman traded for Breida and got Raheem on waivers 

Look, lots of guys in here are afraid to put their names on something out of fear of being wrong. So, Im going to put my neck out there. F-it. I think Tevin Coleman is going to absolutely FEAST in SF and these other backs will be distant memories by week 9. Go ahead and hitch your wagon to Wilson, Mostert, and Breida if you want. This is nothing but gut instinct talking here. But I don't think the backfield is going to be as crowded as you think. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. That is all. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 6

Would anyone drop A. Mattison for him?

Been holding Mattison as a lotto ticket, but now with Barkley out feel like I need bodies who can at least pitch in as a flex with byes coming up.

38 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Would anyone drop A. Mattison for him?

Been holding Mattison as a lotto ticket, but now with Barkley out feel like I need bodies who can at least pitch in as a flex with byes coming up.

Yes

I'm debating offering a Michel trade for Coleman. Michel went from uber ceiling to shady future real quick. I'm like the guy above in I believe in Coleman carving out a larger role in the offense.

14 minutes ago, KidDynamite420 said:

I'm debating offering a Michel trade for Coleman. Michel went from uber ceiling to shady future real quick. I'm like the guy above in I believe in Coleman carving out a larger role in the offense.

I believe in him too. The other backs got talent but Coleman just has more. Plus he's got the coach in his corner

5 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I believe in him too. The other backs got talent but Coleman just has more. Plus he's got the coach in his corner

I’m not so sure. He is the better receiver and best blocker of the group, so he should be in on 3rd and longs and in the 2-minute drill. 

But the other RBs showed well while Coleman was out and probably have carved out roles. I can see this being a 40-40-20 split with Mostert getting the short straw to start and the hot hand dominating early down 2nd half touches each game for the 1st few games after Tevin returns.

I do think Coleman is the most well rounded back but each has value in their own right. As a Tevin rosterer myself, I hope he take reigns eventually but he’s not going to be handed the job right off the bat. 

Edited by WestCoastMets

1 hour ago, WestCoastMets said:

I’m not so sure. He is the better receiver and best blocker of the group, so he should be in on 3rd and longs and in the 2-minute drill. 

But the other RBs showed well while Coleman was out and probably have carved out roles. I can see this being a 40-40-20 split with Mostert getting the short straw to start and the hot hand dominating early down 2nd half touches each game for the 1st few games after Tevin returns.

I do think Coleman is the most well rounded back but each has value in their own right. As a Tevin rosterer myself, I hope he take reigns eventually but he’s not going to be handed the job right off the bat. 

That's basically what I'm saying, just didn't write a couple paragraphs.  Btw I don't own Coleman. Trying to acquire him tho

This backfield reminds me a little bit of Denver's.  A true RBBC where all the backs would be pretty appealing if they got  bulk of the carries, but because  of the split you have to hope the one you start is the one who hits that day.   i.e. very frustrating backfields to be a part of.

I find it comical the hate and skepticism of Coleman in this thread. He was clearly the main back before he got hurt and was operating as the clear no. 1 all offseason. Lets look at some of the reasons why he's potentially being seriously undervalued:

• 1) Wilson is likely going back to the practice squad with Coleman stepping back in for lead back duties + goal line work.
  • 2) He's succeeded in Shanahan's scheme before.
  • 3) He's the best pass catcher of all the backs (very important in Shanahan's scheme).
  • 4) He has break away speed and can hit the home run for you at any moment.
  • 5) Has a juicy a** schedule which includes the Redskins, Cardinals twice, Panthers, Seahawks and a playoff round 1 matchup at home vs. the Falcons.
  • 6) The 49ers OL has performed as one of the best run blocking units.

There's definitely risk involved, just like any back in this range when you drafted. I could be underestimating the amount of touches I'm expecting him to get no doubt. But personally, I'd rather have Coleman (once healthy) over guys like Lindsay, Michel and Damien Williams. All in all, RBs+Shananhan=Fantasy relevance (look how impressive Freeman was in his scheme vs now). RB2 ros is very possible and I would buy low if I were you.

Edited by KidDynamite420
Spelling
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, KidDynamite420 said:

I find it comical the hate and skepticism of Coleman in this thread. He was clearly the main back before he got hurt and was operating as the clear no. 1 all offseason. Lets look at some of the reasons why he's potentially being seriously undervalued:

• 1) Wilson is likely going back to the practice squad with Coleman stepping back in for lead back duties + goal line work.
  • 2) He's succeeded in Shanahan's scheme before.
  • 3) He's the best pass catcher of all the backs (very important in Shanahan's scheme).
  • 4) He has break away speed and can hit the home run for you at any moment.
  • 5) Has a juicy a** schedule which includes the Redskins, Cardinals twice, Panthers, Seahawks and a playoff round 1 matchup at home vs. the Falcons.
  • 6) The 49ers OL has performed as one of the best run blocking units.

There's definitely risk involved, just like any back in this range when you drafted. I could be underestimating the amount of touches I'm expecting him to get no doubt. But personally, I'd rather have Coleman (once healthy) over guys like Lindsay, Michel and Damien Williams. All in all, RBs+Shananhan=Fantasy relevance (look how impressive Freeman was in his scheme vs now). RB2 ros is very possible and I would buy low if I were you.

Over Lindsay? After last week? Nope.

The 9ers, KC, and NE running backs all have something in common....they are flex type RBs. None are the clear guy. Injuries can change that, but as of now I'd rather go stash some other high upside guy w/ a clear path to stardom (e.g. Mattison) than play the RB roulette w/ these guys.

Just now, meverett85 said:

Over Lindsay? After last week? Nope.

The 9ers, KC, and NE running backs all have something in common....they are flex type RBs. None are the clear guy. Injuries can change that, but as of now I'd rather go stash some other high upside guy w/ a clear path to stardom (e.g. Mattison) than play the RB roulette w/ these guys.

2 TDs aren't going to change my opinion on Lindsay in a 50/50 split in that weak offense. He's the RB I'd probably want the least out of the guys I listed.

1 minute ago, KidDynamite420 said:

2 TDs aren't going to change my opinion on Lindsay in a 50/50 split in that weak offense. He's the RB I'd probably want the least out of the guys I listed.

How about the 21 carries and 5 targets?

Holding a lottery ticket is good if you have the bench space but even for a 7 man bench it can get difficult with bye weeks coming up. I'd rather hold some guys who have flex appeal with RB2 upside on solid weeks.

Just now, KidDynamite420 said:

Holding a lottery ticket is good if you have the bench space but even for a 7 man bench it can get difficult with bye weeks coming up. I'd rather hold some guys who have flex appeal with RB2 upside on solid weeks.

I've always liked Coleman.....problem is the 9ers are absolutely stacked at RB and the current game plan of multiple guys being involved seems to be working. Same exact problem with the KC backfield. Even if one dude gets injured, the next man up is still not going to be a workhorse. No thanks.

Sure if you are desperate for a flex than go for it....but I just don't see the home run upside. More of a Meh.

How about the 21 carries and 5 targets?

I need another week of high volume to believe it. He's also carried the ball for 3.9, 2.8 and 3.9 for each game. Receiving work is nice. It's more the offense I don't believe in.

I've always liked Coleman.....problem is the 9ers are absolutely stacked at RB and the current game plan of multiple guys being involved seems to be working. Same exact problem with the KC backfield. Even if one dude gets injured, the next man up is still not going to be a workhorse. No thanks.

Sure if you are desperate for a flex than go for it....but I just don't see the home run upside. More of a Meh.

I think the comittee is more of a lack of faith in particular guy. He brought in Coleman to be the 1A because he knows Breida and Mostart are better suited change of pace backs. I'm not here saying Coleman will get 25+ touches or anything. I'm saying I think he'll lead the touches and SHOULD get the majority of the goal line work. That last part is crucial in my bullish outlook on Coleman, naturally.

• Like 1

Needs to be scooped up in the event that he's available in your league. The confusion over the 49ers backfield is going to depress his perceived value. Thing is, it's fairly easy to project what role Coleman will have upon his return. It's doubtful that SF will keep 4 RB's active, and with Mostert being a Special Team's ace that means Jeff Wilson will likely be inactive. That leave's the goal line and receiving work to Coleman. Looking like a low-end RB2 at worst with the possibility of strong RB2 numbers ROS.

• Like 1

Keep in mind Breida will inevitably get hurt again. At least Coleman got his yearly injury out of the way already lmao.

• Like 1

Anyone know if he has a chance of getting the O designation at some point this week? Or will he remain Q through the weekend since he is on bye?