urban2014

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, snowbound said:

What's the story here with Coleman?

Been wondering the same. Saw a report that said he didn't practice with the team Monday but other than that, it has been radio silence. Sensing that he still might be a week out. I'm going against the grain and saying the backfield won't be as muddled as feared. If I'm wrong, I cut him. Until then, I hold. Team is doing well on both sides of the ball. No one else in free agency matches his potential production in my league. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

Just now, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Been wondering the same. Saw a report that said he didn't practice with the team Monday but other than that, it has been radio silence. Sensing that he still might be a week out. 

Yeah kind of weird that there is nothing.  I'd imagine we will find out shortly here.

• Like 1

Just now, snowbound said:

Yeah kind of weird that there is nothing.  I'd imagine we will find out shortly here.

Thursday for sure. 

I think since it's a MNF game that things will be more quiet until the end of the week.

• Like 1

I'm all in with this guy, picked up in one league and traded for him in my other league.  Great pass catching back who will get goal line work in this offense is a great buy in my eyes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

I think since it's a MNF game that things will be more quiet until the end of the week.

Don't know how you could start him this week then. Forgot it was a Monday night game.

If he's inactive you're screwed. Unless you have one of SF's other 10 RBs.

Yo any word on this jabroni? I know its a monday night game, but its thursday and we normally would have heard something by now.  What gives

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

Yo any word on this jabroni? I know its a monday night game, but its thursday and we normally would have heard something by now.  What gives

Niners practice news looks to be coming out in the last few minutes (Jalen Hurd to IR, etc.)... should have something soon.

• Like 1

Well he practiced today according to reports on Twitter. Even if he does suit up I'm waiting to see how the usage goes Monday night.

Seems like the 49ers found the way to keep breida healthy. Give carries to all of their RBs. Should get 10-15 touches 

22 hours ago, Languistic01 said:

I'm all in with this guy, picked up in one league and traded for him in my other league.  Great pass catching back who will get goal line work in this offense is a great buy in my eyes.

While I appreciate the optimism I'd temper expectations a bit. He always was pretty ordinary on a great offense in Atlanta, and he was never a great GL back by any means. Not to mention Breida is the more electric player. I see this being a nightmare committee. 

• Haha 2

You cant start him this week unless you're really desperate. They play Monday and theres a chance he doesnt even play. If he does, theres no way to predict his usage. You have to hope he gets either first two down role and goaline or the passing role. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

While I appreciate the optimism I'd temper expectations a bit. He always was pretty ordinary on a great offense in Atlanta, and he was never a great GL back by any means. Not to mention Breida is the more electric player. I see this being a nightmare committee. 

He was not ordinary while Kyle Shanahan was in Atlanta.  He (and Freeman) both lost their efficiency once Shanahan left. Look at the guys SF is plugging in over the last two years... none have a tremendous amount of pedigree.  Even going back to his Redskins days (Alfred Morris), EVERY SINGLE BACK in a Kyle Shanahan system has flourished.

He has the skill set Shanahan wants... pass catching and goalline.

Q) Will it be a committee?

A) Yes... with he and Breida

Q) Will it be a nightmare?

A) Hellllll no.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo autocorrect
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RafiBomb said:

All aboard

Perfect timing as my Darrell Williams time may be up.

Hard to throw him in the lineup but may have no choice.

Man if he gets his share I’m gonna have to play him. I’d trust a rusty Coleman more than a sanders, rojo or ct right bout now. You think we will hear his work load projection before Sunday at 1?.. that’ll be great.

10 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He was not ordinary while Kyle Shanahan was in Atlanta.  He (and Freeman) both lost their efficiency once Shanahan left. Look at the guys SF is plugging in over the last two years... none have a tremendous amount of pedigree.  Even going back to his Redskins days (Alfred Morris), EVERY SINGLE BACK in a Kyle Shanahan system has flourished.

I've owned him several times so I've watched quite a bit of him. He's pretty ordinary. Nothing jumps off the page. He's solid. Not sure where the GL idea comes from as he's not terribly big and wasn't great at it in Atlanta. And while he's a competent pass catcher he's certainly not electric. Assuming he's 100% I'd expect him to be a low-end RB2 ROS. 

3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Not sure where the GL idea comes from as he's not terribly big and wasn't great at it in Atlanta.

I’m not sure where this idea keeps coming from. Coleman’s Touch per TD is extremely low and when he was with Shanahan last in 2016 he scored every 13 touches which is absolutely insane.

In 2016 he scored:

-   8 of his 11 TDs in the Red Zone

-   7 of his 11 TDs from within 7 yards

His 2016 red zone efficiency (within the 10):

-   15 touches, 7 TDs

2017 those numbers were 8 for 8, 5 of 8, and 13 touches for 5 TDs. 

2018 those numbers were 5 for 9, 4 of 9, and 14 touches for 5 TDs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to pile on but he’s also 6’1, 210...in what world is that “not terribly big?” That’s one of the biggest (relevant) RBs in the league.

4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I've owned him several times so I've watched quite a bit of him. He's pretty ordinary. Nothing jumps off the page. He's solid. Not sure where the GL idea comes from as he's not terribly big and wasn't great at it in Atlanta. And while he's a competent pass catcher he's certainly not electric. Assuming he's 100% I'd expect him to be a low-end RB2 ROS. 

If you’d watched quite a bit of him, you’d know:

1) that he is an excellent goal-line back (@Ruut6 beat me to the stats, but his efficiency numbers are elite in the red zone), and..

2) that he is also average or slightly above average size for a RB.  

Size is overrated for a goalline back anyway; it’s how you run, and Shanahan needs his backs to catch passes. Jeff Wilson was the red zone back of choice for Shanahan in Coleman’s absence... he is listed at 6’0” 194 lbs to Coleman’s 6’1” 210 lbs. 

If you said you’ve owned him before, I’d imagine you’re one of the salty owners who thought they had an RB1 when Freeman went down last year, not realizing that Atlanta’s O-Line and run scheme sucks now without Shanahan.

I think he’ll be a solid RB2 if he stays healthy and it’s a two-man committee.

• Like 3

I think he's definitely startable. But if you have the luxury of starting a solid back over him I'd advise a wait and see approach. I'm flip flopping between him and Thompson. I may go Coleman for the upside after facing Carson last night.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I think he's definitely startable. But if you have the luxury of starting a solid back over him I'd advise a wait and see approach. I'm flip flopping between him and Thompson. I may go Coleman for the upside after facing Carson last night.

i still think thompson has a great day and finishes pretty strong but yea if shanny says he is 100% and he isnt going to sit a player of his caliber if he can play, i think he sees just as many touches if not more than guys like sanders, thompson etc...with a better chance for a td. THose are my two options outside of coleman and Im going to go with needing quality touches, i think coleman will provide that over guys that ive mentioned. Lets just hope everything keeps trending the right direction being a monday night game lol.

• Like 1

Reasons for me sitting:

1. first week back from injury 

2. team has been winning without him

3. MULTIPLE strong backups

If he even breaks double digit touches i’ll eat crow.

• Like 1