urban2014

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I can't really ever think of a play he made where you go, wow, this guy's special. His production with SF will answer these questions. It'll be interesting. 

13 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

The rest of this year will be great for answering that question. If he has similar production in SF then I'm just flat out wrong. 

I don’t know that it will answer anything about him and his talent. Literally everyone that has filled in while he has been out has looked great. He never looked better than in Shanny’s system in ATL. Regardless of if it’s his talent or the system, or both, if he’s the main guy there, he will be a valuable fantasy asset. 

Edited by nromn
  • Like 1

At 0:57 and at 2:05 he makes impressive up-the-field cuts. He's also a plus-receiver, you'll notice a lot of his routes are 10+ yards, which is pretty rare for an RB (see 1:55 where Ryan throws a ball from the 22 and Coleman catches it at the 45, not many receivers have the hands to catch a ball 23 yards downfield). The biggest downside I could see was that he seems to go down too easily from tackles at times when trying to break a long run (see 3:29), if he begins to break those his upside is even higher. 

Is he going to lock-up the 49ers backfield as a bellcow? No. But his floor is probably a low-end RB2/Flex, and his ceiling is high-end RB2, low-end RB1 numbers, and I'd put more money on him approaching the ceiling than floor.

7 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Full steam ahead. 15 touches I hope 

Idk about that. First game back, probably the deepest RB core.. I think 8-10 is reasonable 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Idk about that. First game back, probably the deepest RB core.. I think 8-10 is reasonable 

Yep. Is San Fran becoming the new Pats in regards to RB touches? I still say Breida is the best back on that team.

Just now, BLINDSIDERS said:

Yep. Is San Fran becoming the new Pats in regards to RB touches? I still say Breida is the best back on that team.

I mean it’s worked so far, just extremely frustrating for fantasy. I agree but we’ll see how it shakes out w Coleman healthy. 

Wilson is inactive.  Just saw it in the news section.  Coleman is in, Wilson is out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Is Wilson active? 

Inactive...may play Coleman over Breida now

Just now, Chwf3rd said:

Inactive...may play Coleman over Breida now

Coleman will likely get the red zone carries and be the 3rd down back at least initially but he may be eased in since this is his first game back.

"Matt Breida and Raheem Mostert should remain involved while Jeff Wilson could occupy a LeGarrette Blount-esque role as the team's goal-line finisher."

Rotoworld writers sometimes have some questionable takes. There was no way that the Niners were going to have 4 RB's active on gamedays but they still suggested Wilson may be the goal line back in a 4-man rotation? I also think Mostert will go back to predominantly special teams snaps leaving this to a 2-man rotation between Breida and Coleman.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

"Matt Breida and Raheem Mostert should remain involved while Jeff Wilson could occupy a LeGarrette Blount-esque role as the team's goal-line finisher."

Rotoworld writers sometimes have some questionable takes. There was no way that the Niners were going to have 4 RB's active on gamedays but they still suggested Wilson may be the goal line back in a 4-man rotation? I also think Mostert will go back to predominantly special teams snaps leaving this to a 2-man rotation between Breida and Coleman.

My guess is that tonight, all 3 of Breida, Coleman and Mostert will be involved but Mostert needs to play well tonight otherwise the 49ers may go back to just Breida and Coleman.

He looks great.

If he starts getting some ppr love in the 2nd half he's going to be difficult to keep on the bench next week @lar.

3 hours ago, RafiBomb said:

Sometimes? Their blurbs routinely make zero sense. The only value for me is since I don’t watch every game sometimes they provide context to the stat line, but when they launch into predictions I check out

52 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Breida and Coleman are both gonna feast

Yes, the offense hopefully gets the FB to return. It’s not quite the same without him.

8 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Sometimes? Their blurbs routinely make zero sense. The only value for me is since I don’t watch every game sometimes they provide context to the stat line, but when they launch into predictions I check out

The blurbs have been blatantly anti-Coleman, just ignore.

• Thanks 1

Pretty good opportunity next week against the rams. I like what this offensive line does but we need Juszczyk to be ok. He is huge.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Pretty good opportunity next week against the rams. I like what this offensive line does but we need Juszczyk to be ok. He is huge.

don’t be surprised if they go sign Derrick Coleman, if they do, there will be no setbacks in the run game