urban2014

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

Just now, Smoketheclay said:

Even after Breida’s 83 yard run, Coleman got 16-11 carries.

looking good 

Coleman outplayed Breida over the course of the game. His pass pro was far superior; Tev saved a couple sacks and Breida wiffed a few times. But after Breidas amazing 83 yard gain and awesome option route TD, he averaged 3.1 yards per carry on his next 10 carries constantly getting stopped behind the line. Coleman ripped off chunk gain after chunk gain constantly getting positive yards even when hit behind the line. And on his 19 yard TD run, if there were more yards to be had, he would have a huge gainer TD too.

Not saying Breida won’t have value; both SF RBs  are on the RB2 map. Just saying I thought Coleman was the better back tonight even though Breida ended up with the better stats. 

#watchthegamestowinatfantasylol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The whole leagues, practically is going with a 1-2 punch, no different here in the SF backfield but what I likes, as a Coleman owner, was how dag gone good he looked! Coach loves him and it showed last night. We are looking at a split to 50/50 based on game flow but either way what we have here is a great RB with RB1 upside each and every game and I love where I got him in my draft, choo choo, all aboard!

That block on the runner who came right up the gut was magnificent. 

Gives the coach every reason to keep him the field, saved a certain sack.

• Like 1

Lot of people confident about Coleman being the pass catching back in addition to goal line back...didn't see that at all.

Also, wonder what the impact on the running game the injury to the FB will have.

Still happy to have him for free off the wire that's for sure.

• Like 1

Tevin Coleman (ankle) is active for Week 5 against the Browns.

Coleman is back after missing the last two games with a high-ankle sprain. The 49ers will continue to rotate three running backs with no real rhyme or reason to things, making none particularly exciting as anything more than dice-roll RB3 options. Jeff Wilson is now inactive with Coleman back in uniform.

Oct 7, 2019, 6:54 PM ET

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Lot of people confident about Coleman being the pass catching back in addition to goal line back...didn't see that at all.

Also, wonder what the impact on the running game the injury to the FB will have.

They were up early and all game. I didn't really take much away from the pass catching aspect at all. Breida got a few but they were all early.

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

game flow? Why do you pass to a rb when you’re up a lot?

also he had 90 yards and a score who cares if he catches receptions? Which he will in neutral or negative game scripts as shown in Tampa week 1.

rb2 with rb1 upside any week 

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

game flow? Why do you pass to a rb when you’re up a lot?

also he had 90 yards and a score who cares if he catches receptions? Which he will in neutral or negative game scripts as shown in Tampa week 1.

rb2 with rb1 upside any week 

I definitely care if he catches passes. I didn’t see the game last night so won’t comment, although from what I’ve read Coleman looked like the much better pass blocker.

This would lead me to believe he’ll be in on most passing downs, and we know pass-catching is in his skill set.  Hopefully we’ll see a bit of it against the Rams.

Can anyone comment on estimated snap share in the redzone between he and Breida?

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I definitely care if he catches passes. I didn’t see the game last night so won’t comment, although from what I’ve read Coleman looked like the much better pass blocker.

This would lead me to believe he’ll be in on most passing downs, and we know pass-catching is in his skill set.  Hopefully we’ll see a bit of it against the Rams.

Can anyone comment on estimated snap share in the redzone between he and Breida?

I didn't keep keep track but only breida second score and colemans 19 yard run was inside the 20 on scoring plays. Coleman was by far the better pass blocker and he was the more consistent chain moving back. After Breida long run, there wasn't much there for him. If the niners trailed Coleman for sure would've been used in the passing game. Breida only saw 3 targets its not like coleman was sitting on the bench and breida hauled in 8 targets to colemans 0. I would say moving forward coleman is a rb2/flex play depending on schedule and the health of Juszczyk since he is a stud blocker. Breida is more a flex. If coleman didn't get dinged up at all, i think he only sees more of a time share throughout the field

• Thanks 1

The first time they got inside the ten yard line, Coleman came in. He only got a yard or two and then Breida came in for third down (his TD catch). There weren't any goaline opps that I saw.

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Oh I do care too that he catches passes but it was pretty understandable that the rational coaching of Kyle shanahan kept running down Cleveland's throat to the tune of 10 ypc. I wouldnt throw to my rbs as well. Expect his receptions to go up this week 

Mostert was much more involved than I'd care for.  The split with Brieda isn't going anywhere, but all 3 seems to be splitting time for a while there late 1st through halftime at least.

Hopefully shanahan didn't want to get TC too many reps his first week back.

Coleman is clearly the guy here over Breida, despite Breida’s two TDs.  I’d be trying to sell Breida for RB2 value if I didn’t own both of them

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Hot off the presses!

This is huge for my retroactive points league, thanks Marty.

The point was how roto totally created a doomsday scenario despite all signs pointing to the contrary. 

Just now, Fantasy Gooroo said:

The point was how roto totally created a doomsday scenario despite all signs pointing to the contrary. 

Just funnin' ya.

• Haha 1

4th n 1 they brought Coleman in and he converted. He s the guy to punch it in from short.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know if this is bordering an AC question but... what type of WR would Coleman owners be looking for at this stage in exchange for him? Is he a set and forget RB2 ROS

Edited by NyZD

1 hour ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Mostert was much more involved than I'd care for.  The split with Brieda isn't going anywhere, but all 3 seems to be splitting time for a while there late 1st through halftime at least.

Nah. 5 of 7 Mostert's carries came on the Niners final two drives when the game was already well decided. 

• Like 3

Mostert - pure 3rd down RB

Coleman - has the Jeff Wilson goalline role + majority of early down work

Breida - change of pace back

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Didn’t most of Mostert’s touches come late? I could be wrong on that. 

Shanny loves this guy. He brought him over to be his guy. Even when Freeman was playing at an all pro level this guy was still getting an absurd work load and the goal line touches. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Didn’t most of Mostert’s touches come late? I could be wrong on that. 

You are not wrong. He was the ROC of the backfield. Garbage man.