urban2014

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Absent for "personal reasons."

Eh hem.

"Coach.... it burns when I pee."

Can someone explain what's going on with Coleman's usage? I swear I'm getting a tumor trying to understand Shanahan's mindset. His father knew how to use his RBs a hell of a lot better. I mean, Mostert and Jeff Wilson were in on that last scoring drive and then Coleman get the scraps at the very end of the game? Really?

5 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Still can't believe this is the same Tevin Coleman that dropped 5 TDs against me

I still can't believe J. Wilson scored the only TD from that backfield. 

I like how this team went from the best rushing offense to the worst over night. I can't wait to bench this bum for the rest of the season. I'd drop him but I know he'll drop another 4- bomb against me if I do.

Coleman’s decreased usage has coincided with SF decreased dominance.

Not saying that’s the reason but just saying. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, billydough said:

Kittle in the middle helps the run game a lot. 

• Like 2

It seems like defenses are focusing more on the run game now and forcing Jimmy G to throw

2 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

It seems like defenses are focusing more on the run game now and forcing Jimmy G to throw

It's what the Cards did two weeks ago, the Seahawks did last week and what the Cards did again this week. It's gonna be the formula defenses use I think. Not looking great for this backfield

10 hours ago, billydough said:

I’m not sure of the snap rates but from a touches perspective he’s still getting the same amount he has since he returned from injury. It’s the efficiency that has plummeted from those first few weeks. He has nowhere to go on his rushing attempts.

9 hours ago, street sharks said:

It's what the Cards did two weeks ago, the Seahawks did last week and what the Cards did again this week. It's gonna be the formula defenses use I think. Not looking great for this backfield

Things tend to change.

Jimmy G. is getting his groove on. With a healthy E. Sanders and Kittle and D. Samuels coming on, Ds will not be able to stack the box.

What I am frustrated with is it seems like Coleman is constantly having plays called back by penalty and every week there is a near miss long gainer that either Jimmy G or Coleman screw up. Perfect storm lately of aggravation.

You can't ever start this guy with confidence. He'll be riding my bench for rest of this season even if he has another 4 TD game.

• Haha 2

The Cards have had Shanny's number in the run game ever since he came into their division. They always totally sell out to stop the run, shooting the gaps to disrupt the zone blocking.

Mullens and Beathard had great outings against them as well, but no RB did much on the ground. It's a pattern in this divisional matchup for years. So it's no surprise Jimmy G feasted on them, but it's safe to say that both Cards games will remain his best scores on the season. Cards can't cover anybody, much less when they sell out against the run. To the Cards credit, it almost worked since Jimmy threw 2 horrible picks that could've sealed the fate.

If you watched the game, Coleman actually got 2 carries inside the 5 on seperate drives, but blown up immediately by the defense. He got another wide open swing pass for a walk-in TD, but Jimmy put it too far in front of him. Btw this has happened 3 times already this season, seems Jimmy can't hit those swings in the flat...

Bottom line, he is a fairly talented, dynamic RB in a proven zone blocking scheme. They have a great D and will be in all games, can't see them being blown out. Shanny is historically commited to run the ball and call a balanced game. They will have good field positon and lots of scoring opportunities. Even in his worst games Coleman came fairly close to score. Positive TD regression will undoubtedly happen. Maybe his stretch of underwhelming games was a tribute to his 4 TD day lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I honestly think we will see a difference in the run game with Kittle back.

In Standard most sites have Coleman going off this week.  CBS has him ranked 8th.  Yahoo basically has him in a big tie from 6-12th.

What are these sites seeing that I'm not seeing (I know we have bye weeks)?

8 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

In Standard most sites have Coleman going off this week.  CBS has him ranked 8th.  Yahoo basically has him in a big tie from 6-12th.

Opportunity and the GB run D. He is very capable. Will Jimmy ever find him in the flat or in space and let him work is another question. 

I see alot of people confident in Coleman this week but after the last 3 games I can't say I'm one of them. I could see GB doing something like Arizona did like selling out the run D but having better success against the pass. I've been chasing his week 8 blowup game without success, and I think I'll try something else this week.

Edited by WVFalcon

13 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

its because im facing the owner that has Coleman... faced him in week 8 when he got 4 TD's and 100+ yards. I can only assume he will rip a** again this week.. I'll put him at RB rank 4 this week FFS.

You guys benching him must be real deep at RB.  I’d put Coleman as a high end RB2 this week.  Don’t see how that doesn’t merit a flex start on most teams.  

He’s still the lead back on a good team going up against a shaky run D in GB.  If that’s not a recipe for touchdowns I don’t know what is

1 hour ago, draincity said:

Can someone explain how this clown is ranked rb12 this week? No chance in hell I'm starting him

I'm starting him with fool confidence.