wallach17

Jeimer Candelario 2019 Outlook

Noticed his ADP in Yahoo was at 80.5 and I'm not really sure why. I do like him as a player but not that high. Only projected for 10w wRC+ from Steamer, not like he has the best supporting cast in Detroit either. 

I swear, I was just in a mock draft and they had his ADP at 80.5. It could've maybe been a mess up, but I had it sorted by ADP and he was there 

I've seen this as well, if you go to 'draft analysis ' on Yahoo. Seems like an outlier, perhaps caused by limited drafts being conducted so far and someone overreaching him. I'm sure this will change over time.

Edited by Tale of Two Fisters

No way his ADP will flirt or should be 80.5.

I do own him in a Dynasty and like a breakout type season but I'm tempering expectations given the Tigers lineup.

I'm hoping for numbers comparable to Eugencio Suarez's last season. Candelario is only 25 years old. 

I like Jeimer but he is an AVG drain so you'll need to make up for it elsewhere or punt the cat.  There's not much in his pedigree that says he can hit above .260 unless he gets his K% down below 20% like in the early minors (doubtful).  That said, he's good for .240, 15-20 HR, 75 RBI, and 60 R, for whatever that's worth at the 3B spot.  Wow, now that I look at that it looks a lot like Kendrys Morales, aka full breakfast, who can be had even later.

15 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

No way his ADP will flirt or should be 80.5.

I do own him in a Dynasty and like a breakout type season but I'm tempering expectations given the Tigers lineup.

I'm hoping for numbers comparable to Eugencio Suarez's last season. Candelario is only 25 years old. 

Eugenio was a beast last season. Candelario getting anywhere near that would be an incredible outcome based on last season. 

Candelario struggled mightily last year v. RHP. Hit .199, generating poor Hard% and Soft% compared to his performance against LHP. Maybe it's nothing, but right now I odn't really have confidence in Candelario being a better-than .199 Hitter v. RHP. 

23 minutes ago, taobball said:

Eugenio was a beast last season. Candelario getting anywhere near that would be an incredible outcome based on last season. 

Candelario struggled mightily last year v. RHP. Hit .199, generating poor Hard% and Soft% compared to his performance against LHP. Maybe it's nothing, but right now I odn't really have confidence in Candelario being a better-than .199 Hitter v. RHP. 

I should have clarified. I dont see him putting up the same power numbers as Suarez did but I dont think 20-25 HRs are out of the question. He was hitting well before his injury last season and is only 25 years old. When I compared him to Suarez I was referring to "breakout" type numbers that Suarez put up which I could see Candelario putting up numbers which could be considered a breakout. 

He has a serious wrist injury that has flared up every year for the past few years. It's called Triangle Fibrocartilage Complex. I would not draft. 

• Thanks 1