elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

I doubt the Chiefs trade for him. He's better than what they have now but i'd still argue Shady is a better runner and trading for a guy that would be primarly used as the 3rd down back makes no sense. I doubt Drake would come in and take over all 3 downs. UNLESS Chiefs can get him for basically free I don't see it happening.

Has Drake ever had a decent shot? He's played with Miami... cmon, the guy could be a stud with the right team and protection.  Put up some decent numbers in 2018 and of course with the team Miami has this year no one would produce. I think he could surprise a lot of people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goatstain3 said:

Well, I will counter your disagreement, by disagreeing with you, as well.  Shady is an old has been, and Williams is a never was.  While no one will confuse Drake with Jamaal Charles, he is much more talented than the combo, that they currently deploy.  

Related image

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Think its fact based on his nfl career..

Lol. I'm not really here to argue that Mark Walton is good or not good, I just think it's funny that you took the time to point out that it's just an opinion that Kenyan Drake is no better than the Chiefs RBs, but you're doubling down that it's a fact that Mark Walton (who is on his 2nd team btw) is not that good. Dude has 30 career carries and perhaps most importantly (for fantasy) he seems pretty adept as a pass catcher. 

6 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Lol. I'm not really here to argue that Mark Walton is good or not good, I just think it's funny that you took the time to point out that it's just an opinion that Kenyan Drake is no better than the Chiefs RBs, but you're doubling down that it's a fact that Mark Walton (who is on his 2nd team btw) is not that good. Dude has 30 career carries and perhaps most importantly (for fantasy) he seems pretty adept as a pass catcher. 

My biased is funny... drake hasn't been given a full shot at workhorse... but mark walton whose done nothing does? And this isn't pointed at you just saying people in here like mark walton the back to own??? Based on what???

2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

My biased is funny... drake hasn't been given a full shot at workhorse... but mark walton whose done nothing does? And this isn't pointed at you just saying people in here like mark walton the back to own??? Based on what???

I won't pretend to know why coaching staff after coaching staff doesn't want to commit touches to Kenyan Drake. But there's enough rumblings that the current regime will do just that for Mark Walton. Mark Walton has done nothing in no opportunities. It's the appeal of the unknown, I guess. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

I won't pretend to know why coaching staff after coaching staff doesn't want to commit touches to Kenyan Drake. But there's enough rumblings that the current regime will do just that for Mark Walton. Mark Walton has done nothing in no opportunities. It's the appeal of the unknown, I guess. 

I love that appeal in most cases and have chased will continue to chase... just walton doesn't do it for me... and drake seems to have the ability but definitely not the backing which I do not understand...

7 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Dolphins can't give Drake too many touches or he will score a TD. Dolphins don't want that.

Dolphins are tanking. Why would they give Drake tons of touches when he is a threat to score from anywhere on the field. They give him enough touches to keep him active but not enough to let him have an impact on the game.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

To be fair, Walton has done just as much w his touches this year as drake. I’m not saying he’s better, but he is performing decently and will certainly be cheaper for a team in full rebuild. Plus he’s the hometown kid people like to root for. That team needs all the feel good it can get.

22 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

There is no situation besides maybe Washington where Drake is more than a low end flex, right? 

Even Washington wouldn't just give a workhorse role to Drake.  AP is still proving to be an above average RB on 1st and 2nd downs.  Plus Skins wouldn't give draft capital in a  lost season. Short of a multi-week injury to the starter, I really don't see any team he could be traded to where he would be more than an RB3 for fantasy purposes.  Best case for him is a time share.

2 hours ago, GeneralTsou said:

Even Washington wouldn't just give a workhorse role to Drake.  AP is still proving to be an above average RB on 1st and 2nd downs.  Plus Skins wouldn't give draft capital in a  lost season. Short of a multi-week injury to the starter, I really don't see any team he could be traded to where he would be more than an RB3 for fantasy purposes.  Best case for him is a time share.

Teams where Drake would be more than a RB3 if traded to:

KC

ATL

TN

NO

HOU

LAR

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Teams where Drake would be more than a RB3 if traded to:

KC

ATL

TN

NO

HOU

LAR

Agree to disagree but I still don't see it.  Don't see him supplanting the current starter on any of those teams so you are looking at the latter part of a 60/40 time share in a best case scenario.  Still an RB3 IMO but I respect your opinion. 

If they dont commit to drake and extend him they draft a rb next year... walton would be a stop gap and just enough so that he doesn't win them any games... I've never seen a team want to do this bad..

• Like 1

I'd laugh so hard if the Lions traded for him.  IDK who is goofing around with the RB situation, but at this point all you do is laugh.They are the guy in your fantasy league who picks up any RB that got points the week prior.

The shuffle continues at running back for the Detroit Lions. They were awarded running back Tra Carson off waivers from the Green Bay Packers on Thursday and waived running back Paul Perkins. Carson appeared in two games for the Packers but did not log a carry. He played 17 special-teams snaps and no offensive snaps in the Packers' 23-22 win over the Lions on Monday. He likely will have a special-teams role as the fourth running back, behind Kerryon Johnson, Ty Johnson and J.D. McKissic. Perkins, who the Lions claimed off waivers from the New York Giants last month, played one special-teams snap against the Packers, in the only game he was active during his month in Detroit.The Lions left training camp with three running backs on their roster, the two Johnsons and C.J. Anderson. They claimed McKissic off waivers from the Seattle Seahawks after roster cuts, and released Anderson to make room for Perkins.

Edited by Sternes

Why would the lions want him... good lord... let kerryon do his thing... prefer not the buccs but if they work horse then eff it... let's do it...

Lmao he'd be a horrible fit with the Lions. Kerryon has proved himself and they've made him a horseback RB. Drake would be solid on the Titans. He'd immediately make them better and would get the opportunity to shine. 

1. Find the Kenyan Drake guy in your league (most leagues have one)

2. Wait for Drake to be traded in real life

3. Trade him to that owner before he plays a game for the new team while the hype is high 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

1. Find the Kenyan Drake guy in your league (most leagues have one)

2. Wait for Drake to be traded in real life

3. Trade him to that owner before he plays a game for the new team while the hype is high 

What if you’re the Kenyan drake guy and you have Kenyan Drake? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 5

If he gets traded, I'm only keeping him if he was brought on due to an injury to an RB1 or if it's Tampa. Otherwise I'm trading him right away. 

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

What if you’re the Kenyan drake guy and you have Kenyan Drake? Asking for a friend.

You find a new hobby.

1 hour ago, Jugernot said:

If he gets traded, I'm only keeping him if he was brought on due to an injury to an RB1 or if it's Tampa. Otherwise I'm trading him right away. 

Trading him to who? This isn’t directly toward you but just in general. What types of leagues you guys play in for all this drake hype? He’s sitting in my waivers now. No one wants the guy. So he gets traded so what? What team is he going to make an impact on? You guys are really grasping at straws here. Time to move on.

5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Trading him to who? This isn’t directly toward you but just in general. What types of leagues you guys play in for all this drake hype? He’s sitting in my waivers now. No one wants the guy. So he gets traded so what? What team is he going to make an impact on? You guys are really grasping at straws here. Time to move on.

He was a 4th/5th round pick a year or two ago. I'm not saying he has a ton of value just that I think most leagues have one guy who does value him. I'm not the biggest believer but he's 6'1 210, runs a 4.4, and is a great pass catcher. I can understand why some people would be hyped on him if he was on a better team.