elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

Just now, LeeVanCleef said:

Definitely takes a hit now with Tunsil gone. Damn.

Huh?

Drake hurts less due to his receiving skills.

Trailing in games, playing as the pass catching back, he should be thrown to even more now.

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Huh?

Trailing in games, playing as the pass catching back, he should be thrown to even more now.

We don't fully know how Flores is gonna utilize him along with Ballage so there was already uncertainty and now Fitz has no protection on his blind side, which means he's going to have to get the ball out even faster. Could there be an uptick in more receptions? Yeah, it's possible but I also don't see how this completely helps the RB situation when you remove an integral piece of the Oline and one that players said they would revolt if he was traded.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Huh?

He’s going to be $$$ in PPR in garbage time 

28 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

We don't fully know how Flores is gonna utilize him along with Ballage so there was already uncertainty and now Fitz has no protection on his blind side, which means he's going to have to get the ball out even faster. Could there be an uptick in more receptions? Yeah, it's possible but I also don't see how this completely helps the RB situation when you remove an integral piece of the Oline and one that players said they would revolt if he was traded.

I look for potential fantasy points in any given situation.

I'm just assuming Drake is the pass catching back because he excels at it and has an extensive route tree for a RB and is a good pass blocker a d I don't know Ballage to catch the ball much at all. So I foresee Drake in most all drives before halftime a d ga es where they fall behind, which should be often. If you lose a LT and need to get rid of the ball sooner I'd think that would bode well for a pass catching back like Drake. Not a between the tackles thumper like Ballage who depends more on the oline.

I own Drake in 1 league so I hope it does more help than hurt but again, you need blockers and protection for your QB or you're gonna get a lot of sacks and hurry up plays that fall apart before Drake even has a chance to catch the ball. We'll see soon enough how this all turns out but losing Tunsil still isn't a great thing, which is why I said he takes a hit. Not saying it's gonna be absolutely major but it can impact him. 

Miami is going to be baaaaaaaad this year.  I like Drake a lot as a player, and the 3rd and longs should provide him with a better path to points over Ballage.  Drake is the more talented player hands down.

A lot of pessimism in this thread and it seemed to translate to my league. I got him at the end of the 6th round in my .5PPR. Didn’t have him on my target list but couldn’t pass up the value. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

A lot of pessimism in this thread and it seemed to translate to my league. I got him at the end of the 6th round in my .5PPR. Didn’t have him on my target list but couldn’t pass up the value. 

Dude, you could have had Shady McCoy....

I can't quit you Kenyan Drake...

....even after disappointing last year - following a year when you lead me to a Championship after picking you up off the Waiver - you make your return.

With Old Man Gore and Gase gone, I'm expecting you to do what I thought last year -- Plodder Ballage shouldn't scare anyone off Kenyan.

• Like 1

Someone just dropped him in my league and picked up Carr..... Drake is now on the waiver wire.  I had to check and make sure something crazy didn't happen. 

I think he is a good sleeper pick. Hard to get a starting running back with proven performance this late in drafts.

• Like 1

This dude is going to get a ton of check downs from Fitz and eventually Rosen. I’m buying in PPR leagues.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

"Kenyan will get 'alot of touches'"

Honestly... it's not surprising... sometimes our information on a player and what he CAN DO is a year too early.

Last year, Drake was being touted as an RB2 with RB1 upside. This can very well be the case this year in PPR leagues.

• Thanks 1

I love Drake. He is a great talent and the efficiency stats more than back that up. The excuses for his lack of usage have all been proven false. He has fine play success rate and consistency, is extremely efficient in all facets of the game, is not injury prone. I suppose he is a bad pass blocker, but I am not certain? Anyways, if his days of being misused are over and he gets mid 250 touches he is RB 10-12 even on a bad offense. I traded him away recently but I think the current Drake owners should be optimistic about this year, especially if Miami decides to run him into the ground as his contract expires this next offseason 

Edited by elroypedro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ponza88 said:

"Kenyan will get 'alot of touches'"

Honestly... it's not surprising... sometimes our information on a player and what he CAN DO is a year too early.

Last year, Drake was being touted as an RB2 with RB1 upside. This can very well be the case this year in PPR leagues.

Where was he drafted last season? Just curious, I can’t remember 

1 minute ago, bgar15 said:

Where was he drafted last season? Just curious, I can’t remember 

Rounds 4-5 in my leagues. (iirc)

Edited by ponza88

After watching the GB game where rodgers was pressured the entire time and sacked like 5x, you would expect dump offs to Jones like people are claiming in this thread is going to happen with Drake. Jones got 1 target and 1 reception. Now there's no protection on the blind side and we're expecting Fitzmagic to be able to get the ball into Drakes hands better than Rodgers could with jones? I will admit I wish I started Drake over Jones and I was close to pulling the trigger but now after seeing what happened, are we confident they can game plan better? And yes, not every team has an oline like the bears but still.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

After watching the GB game where rodgers was pressured the entire time and sacked like 5x, you would expect dump offs to Jones like people are claiming in this thread is going to happen with Drake. Jones got 1 target and 1 reception. Now there's no protection on the blind side and we're expecting Fitzmagic to be able to get the ball into Drakes hands better than Rodgers could with jones? I will admit I wish I started Drake over Jones and I was close to pulling the trigger but now after seeing what happened, are we confident they can game plan better? And yes, not every team has an oline like the bears but still.

Jones? Who are you talking about man...

David Montgomery? Tarik Cohen? Mike Davis? 

JONES!?!??! Come on, bro. 

5 minutes ago, Tierjerk said:

Jones? Who are you talking about man...

David Montgomery? Tarik Cohen? Mike Davis? 

JONES!?!??! Come on, bro. 

wtf are you talking about?  I'm comparing the situations here and what happened in the GB game could easily happen with the dolphins. Rodgers was rushed all night and sacked 5 times. Dolphins lose one of the best LTs in the game and you guys don't think this is gonna have an impact? Fitz is gonna get the ball out faster and better than Rodgers who is known for scrambling and extending plays? I'm just saying I don't think it's gonna be all sun shine and rainbows like everyone seems to think. I hope it is as an owner but I'm tempering expectations.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LeeVanCleef said:

wtf are you talking about?  I'm comparing the situations here and what happened in the GB game could easily happen with the dolphins. Rodgers was rushed all night and sacked 5 times. Dolphins lose one of the best LTs in the game and you guys don't think this is gonna have an impact? Fitz is gonna get the ball out faster and better than Rodgers who is known for scrambling and extending plays? I'm just saying I don't think it's gonna be all sun shine and rainbows like everyone seems to think. I hope it is as an owner but I'm tempering expectations.

I will take my L and apologize good sir. I am off my rocker and in the wrong persons thread. I completely misinterpreted your comment as Trubisky checking down to Jones. 

Touche~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tierjerk said:

I will take my L and apologize good sir. I am off my rocker and in the wrong persons thread. I completely misinterpreted your comment as Trubisky checking down to Jones. 

Touche~

Haha all good man. I was wondering why you mentioned those RBs lol

• Thanks 1

Anyone hanging on to him? Dolphins outlook is bleak. I have a hard time seeing him in a starting fantasy lineup this year, outside of super deep leagues.

Edited by drisser
Typo

The hope is he gets traded. I would hold for now. I also want to see how the Dolphins respond against the Pats. If they show some fight I’ll be impressed.