einstein2u

Mike Clevinger 2019 Outlook

He was going to be my ace sp2 next year.   Was hoping the injury would mask some numbers and let him slide a bit.  That ain’t gonna happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

Apparently not, no. Or at least not when it comes the Norse God that is Mike Clevinger. No matter the recipe, the cooking utensils held within Clevy’s arsenal - all of which he uses at his disposal as he damn-well pleases - none of it will allow for any sort of shelling or shelled cusine on the menu. Also not currently on the menu: anything creamed, smoked, whipped, or battered. You see, Michael Anthony Clevinger is very, and I do mean very particular with what he’s offering at the dish these days. Take today’s menu for example, to which he prepared for the Detroit Tigers baseball club. He offered up one thing and one thing only. Today’s dish: 8 innings pitched, 4 hits, 0 walks, 0 runs, with a hearty portion side of 10 strikeouts; served COLD.  Bone appetite!

You must’ve done great in your creative writing class

Not fantasy related, but 3.3fWAR in only 86IP this year. That puts him at #24 among all pitchers. Of those 23 ahead of him, 142 1/3 is the fewest innings pitched.

MLB ranks amongst SP with at least 50IP

FIP:2.24(#2)

xFIP: 2.63(#1)

K/9: 12.87(#3)

• Like 3

Real talk, is there something different CLE does with their SPs that other organizations don’t?

Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer (last year at least) and Clevinger — that can’t be a fluke

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

Real talk, is there something different CLE does with their SPs that other organizations don’t?

Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer (last year at least) and Clevinger — that can’t be a fluke

and Bieber

Edited by Panther239

1 hour ago, UberRebel said:

What an amazing season

imagine if he didnt get hurt

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

imagine if he didnt get hurt

CLE would likely be looking down at TB in the WC standings.  I'm picking CLE as the favorite in the AL Central next year, assuming good health.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 80version said:

CLE would likely be looking down at TB in the WC standings.  I'm picking CLE as the favorite in the AL Central next year, assuming good health.  

clevinger and bieber are a great 1/2.  carrasco will be back in the rotation you have to guess now that he beat Leukemia.  Kluber should be back and even if hes at 85% of what he was thats a great staff

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Rolling in as a two starter for chip week. Let's get this Clevinger you ace stud you. 

Hope that the WC race stays close, otherwise the Indians will probably save him for the WC game. Or tie break game with Tampa.

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Hope that the WC race stays close, otherwise the Indians will probably save him for the WC game. Or tie break game with Tampa.

will be interesting to see how the 2 start sp will play out like waino, cole, clev ect. hard to count on them but then again I don't want to stream caleb smith, alex young and get my ratios blasted day 1. 

absolute beast.  gonna be my SP1 on many teams as i dont like taking SP first 3 or so rounds.  

think he falls to the 4th?

3 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

absolute beast.  gonna be my SP1 on many teams as i dont like taking SP first 3 or so rounds.  

I think this dominant stretch has comfortably pushed him into the 3rd round of drafts next year. A couple of dominant postseason outings and that might go even higher. 

• Like 2

Havent really looked at next year, but ahead  of Greinke, sale, snell, kershaw, Nola for me.  possibly ahead  of sherzer, which sounds crazy in my head.  Cole, degrom bueller and maybe flaherty and verlander are the guys I’d take ahead. Sherzer and verlander get knocked by me, possibly unfairly, purely based on age and mileage.  I hope he makes it to me in third (keeper adjusted) as i likely have  him ranked higher than most.

6 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

34th ADP in the 6 "2early" mocks and went  32, 34, 34, 35, 35, and 47 in those six mocks.  So late mid to late third in 5, slipped to late fourth in one.  If you want him will probably have to spend a 3rd rounder at this point.  

5 hours ago, bluefrogguy said:

34th ADP in the 6 "2early" mocks and went  32, 34, 34, 35, 35, and 47 in those six mocks.  So late mid to late third in 5, slipped to late fourth in one.  If you want him will probably have to spend a 3rd rounder at this point.  

thanks for this.  i may just miss him then depending on the bat available in the 3rd. 

one of the best parts about him going into next season is the limited innings he threw this year.  

• Like 1

Didn't think he had another step in him after his rock solid 2018, but he's taken a giant leap forward into acedom now.

Adding a few mph of gas has made his heater incredibly wiffable. And that is a rare rare trait.

Can see him Buehler, Snell and Flaherty being the top arms in baseball for years to come.

• Like 1