einstein2u

Mike Clevinger 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Finisher said:

6-8 weeks before picking up a baseball is heart breaking.

Lets be real. Hes out for 3 months. July is wishful thinking. :(

• Like 3

Indians manager Terry Francona said Tuesday morning that it will be 6-8 weeks before Mike Clevinger (back) can even pick up a baseball to begin throwing.

Just brutal news for the Indians and fantasy owners. Clevinger was looking dominant to begin the year before being forced to leave Sunday's outing and it turns out that the back strain is significant. Given Francona's estimate, it's possible we might not see Clevinger back with the Indians until late June or early July. The Indians are going to need someone to take Clevinger's spot in the rotation, but it's unclear which way they'll go. Either way, he's going to be greatly missed for a team who has some real flaws.

Source: Ryan Lewis on Twitter

Apr 9, 2019, 11:06 AM

Sniff.

[Vents and rants with no other substance to them will be removed, as always.  The Vent & Rant thread is here..]

6 to 8 weeks. Its franconas estimate.  Hes not a doctor. Is it possible hes giving a doomsday scenerio and it could be a 4 to 6? I suppose it could also be worse too.  Either way,can anyone come up with anyone that had a similar injury and the amount of time it took for them to come back?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

6 to 8 weeks. Its franconas estimate.  Hes not a doctor. Is it possible hes giving a doomsday scenerio and it could be a 4 to 6? I suppose it could also be worse too.  Either way,can anyone come up with anyone that had a similar injury and the amount of time it took for them to come back?

Just looked into it more. It was actually a doctor that said it,not rhe manager.  Turns out they wont even LOOK at it for 6 to 8 weeks.  Which means in 2 months there will be another MRI. At that time,its possible to hear that hes not ready to pick up a baseball. Absolute best of best cases is middle june. Heres the link. Although depressing to owners its insigtrful.

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019/04/cleveland-indians-put-mike-clevinger-on-injured-list-recall-rhp-nick-wittgren.html

Edited by Cesare13
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

Just looked into it more. It was actually a doctor that said it,not rhe manager.  Turns out they wont even LOOK at it for 6 to 8 weeks.  Which means in 2 months there will be another MRI.  Heres the link. Although depressing to owners its insigtrful.

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019/04/cleveland-indians-put-mike-clevinger-on-injured-list-recall-rhp-nick-wittgren.html

"Dr. Mark Schickendantz, head team physician for the Indians, evaluated Clevinger on Tuesday in Cleveland. He also reviewed Clevinger’s MRI from Monday.

Clevinger was diagnosed with a “high grade strain” of the teres major muscle. He has already started his rehab and won’t be re-evaluated for six to eight weeks to grade his progress and determine when he can start throwing again."

Another 80 grade name there..

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Magoo said:

"Dr. Mark Schickendantz, head team physician for the Indians, evaluated Clevinger on Tuesday in Cleveland. He also reviewed Clevinger’s MRI from Monday.

Clevinger was diagnosed with a “high grade strain” of the teres major muscle. He has already started his rehab and won’t be re-evaluated for six to eight weeks to grade his progress and determine when he can start throwing again."

The Indians team physician is named Dr. Chicken Dance?  Well, that's reassuring.  Maybe they'll get a second opinion from Dr. Macarena.

I'll see myself out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I can't be the only one who thought of Ace Ventura...

spacer.png

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Just looked into it more. It was actually a doctor that said it,not rhe manager.  Turns out they wont even LOOK at it for 6 to 8 weeks.  Which means in 2 months there will be another MRI. At that time,its possible to hear that hes not ready to pick up a baseball. Absolute best of best cases is middle june. Heres the link. Although depressing to owners its insigtrful.

Been dealing with it a couple of innings?  Awesome.  

7 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

The Indians team physician is named Dr. Chicken Dance?  Well, that's reassuring.  Maybe they'll get a second opinion from Dr. Macarena.

I'll see myself out.

Hahah....didnt think anything would make me laugh after this absolute tragic news. Thanks man.

This is depressing after the amazing results so far.  Dark days in the Clev Fan Club today.  Don’t even know how to replace him.

Did not expect it to be this serious  

Sounds like July to mean at the earliest.

• Like 1

Absolutely devastating for Roto redraft owners. Guy is basically RIP'd for them.

As for H2H it produces a small buying opportunity... i imagine he will be dropped in numerous leagues and available for pennies on the dollar to be had in H2H redrafts where he can be deployed during the playoffs and stretch run.

1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

Absolutely devastating for Roto redraft owners. Guy is basically RIP'd for them.

As for H2H it produces a small buying opportunity... i imagine he will be dropped in numerous leagues and available for pennies on the dollar to be had in H2H redrafts where he can be deployed during the playoffs and stretch run.

Anyone holding in roto?  I think i am.  Hoping for 3 months of production. Its tough without updates of any kind for likely 6 weeks though.

47 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Anyone holding in roto?  I think i am.  Hoping for 3 months of production. Its tough without updates of any kind for likely 6 weeks though.

If you have him, I'd definitely hold on if you can by any means. 

I'm speaking of the standard 12 team, 23 man rosters here... a lot of owners will be dropping him especially with the amount of DL'd players. 

In Roto it will hurt carrying him for the next 3 months in these leagues, but yeh -- the three months of production is worth keeping if one can.

57 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

At least one month will tack on to the 8 weeks I am guessing, putting him out until mid August potentially.

Posted (edited)

"Gave it a day, now back to work after much reflection, no cool fonts no cool quotes this time, just facts: in this short time of knowing about my injury I’ve realized why this hurts so bad and it’s the brotherhood of baseball. From my teammates, to training staff, to coaches, front office members, homies from around the league, the fans, and my agency, the support and good vibes sent has me in pure admiration for this “game” I get to play. These relationships built will last me a lifetime and will only drive me to get back to competing. I’ll miss fighting with my homies and I’ll miss fighting against y’all other ones. This ain’t a memorial and no I’m passed my pity party but had to show my appreciation because it was a much needed pick me up. I’ll be back soon✌️🌞 #SunAlwaysShinesAfterTheRain " from his IG.

Hate to say it... Sounding like he's shut down for a long long time. 

Edited by JettNS

1 hour ago, STLSU said:

At least one month will tack on to the 8 weeks I am guessing, putting him out until mid August potentially.

"At least a month"? based on what medical information? Are you doctor chicken dance?

As an aside,does anyone know if he can still work out and stay in shape or he ccompletely shut down?

3 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

"At least a month"? based on what medical information? Are you doctor chicken dance?

As an aside,does anyone know if he can still work out and stay in shape or he ccompletely shut down?

To ramp up it's going to take a month or so.  Basically a new spring training.

2 minutes ago, STLSU said:

To ramp up it's going to take a month or so.  Basically a new spring training.

Thats not mid august though. Mid august is an instant drop in roto.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Thats not mid august though. Mid august is an instant drop in roto.

oops!  Thanks.  Mid Julyish.

Not sure he can work out being how many muscles may be affected like dominoes.  ETA besides leg crunches and maybe a stationary bike.

Edited by STLSU
  • Thanks 1